Protestant working class boys are thickos

Started by T Fearon, April 03, 2014, 11:10:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

Or drastic underachievers.Does that mean at parade protests they could be taunted with :

"We can count,we can spell,we can read and write as well"

muppet

Quote from: T Fearon on April 03, 2014, 11:10:19 PM
Or drastic underachievers.Does that mean at parade protests they could be taunted with :

They might finish that ditty with:

But we don't start,
daft threads,
Na na.
MWWSI 2017

Orior

Is the elephant in the room that those young protestant boys who are eligible for free school meals are, instead of doing homework, most likely out on flag protests, or terrorising the people of Larne, or at pipe band practice, or stoning the windows of dark skinned families?

Some people will say that young catholics are just the same, but educational results seem prove otherwise.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

BennyCake

Quote from: T Fearon on April 03, 2014, 11:10:19 PM

...with a knick-knack paddy-whack?

Apparently so

Maybe if you fenian bastards would stop denying us our civil rights. No surrender

F.T.P.S.N.I.R.A

8)

Wasting bastards

under the bar

Poor taste thread title Tony even if tongue in cheek.  Simply promotes sectarian mud-slinging from members who might think you have their full support which in turn sets them up for the knuckle-draggers

Minder

Quote from: Orior on April 03, 2014, 11:40:25 PM
Is the elephant in the room that those young protestant boys who are eligible for free school meals are, instead of doing homework, most likely out on flag protests, or terrorising the people of Larne, or at pipe band practice, or stoning the windows of dark skinned families?

Some people will say that young catholics are just the same, but educational results seem prove otherwise.

We have plenty of young Catholics leaving school with no qualifications. I don't think anyone should get too smug about it.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Applesisapples

Quote from: Minder on April 04, 2014, 07:14:02 AM

We have plenty of young Catholics leaving school with no qualifications. I don't think anyone should get too smug about it.
On the money, only 33% of catholics in the same group as opposed to 19% of protestants, so hardly a huge gap. What is different though is the loss of an automatic right to a job in the shipyard, Shorts or Mackies. There is an ingrained ethos in Protestant areas that education was never needed only a nod and a wink or the right lodge number. Catholics on the other hand from the 60's on saw education as a way out.

T Fearon

Does that mean that all Mackies and Shipyard workers were thick?

Decimation of Ulster's Heavy Industries, as a young Protestant working class lad might say "That's geography!"

gallsman

Quote from: Applesisapples on April 04, 2014, 08:56:22 AM
Quote from: Minder on April 04, 2014, 07:14:02 AM

On the money, only 33% of catholics in the same group as opposed to 19% of protestants, so hardly a huge gap. What is different though is the loss of an automatic right to a job in the shipyard, Shorts or Mackies. There is an ingrained ethos in Protestant areas that education was never needed only a nod and a wink or the right lodge number. Catholics on the other hand from the 60's on saw education as a way out.

Nail on head. This has directly led to the frequently heard nonsense from the so-called PUL about inequality as us taigs "get all the best jobs".

Hereiam

Quote from: T Fearon on April 04, 2014, 10:06:01 AM

Decimation of Ulster's Heavy Industries, as a young Protestant working class lad might say "That's geography!"

Sure didn't the Titanic prove that one.

Applesisapples

Quote from: T Fearon on April 04, 2014, 10:06:01 AM

to quote John Mellencamp, "Poorly educated and forced to live on the poor side of town"

Milltown Row2

What a load of balls Tony as per usual! Having worked with 16 years from both sides (Shankill, Falls, and Larne) over 13 years I don't see any difference with the type of student that comes into my classroom, they have left school with no education behind them at all, they have been let down by their parents, educational authorities (not enough basic education) and the area they live in does not promote doing well at school.

The amount of students I have heard this year come in and say they are thick is the worst in my time, they are demotivated and educationally challenged. Hand writting is gone, spelling (mine ain't the best but..) is none existent, simple maths (adding, subtracting, multiplying and division) is a struggle

Makies has been closed close on 15 years plus, moved from the original site 30 years ffs, Shipyard ceased making ships nearly 20 years and hasn't taken on apprentices since that.

Bombardier has been the main employer for engineering in Belfast but not the biggest employer in N.I, you should check how many people work for the Post Office and what would be the break down for that between the tribes.

When I applied for an apprenticeship in Harlands no one from where I lived wanted to work there because of the past and rightly so, murders and bigotry was constant back in the day, I expected it to be bad and probably looking back it was (Though I didn't have any hassle) but unless (post equality laws 88?) people from the Falls applied for a job in there then how was it going to change?  Only way to change it was by getting a job in it.

I've two classes that are lower that level 1 (skills for your life level) and pretty mixed (prod,taig) there isn't any difference  to be fair.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on April 04, 2014, 11:55:41 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 04, 2014, 11:53:29 AM
Hand writting is gone, spelling (mine ain't the best but..) is none existent
:D

Exactly  ;D

Handwriting, hand writing handwriting hand writing Handwriting, hand writing handwriting hand writing Handwriting, hand writing handwriting hand writing Handwriting, hand writing handwriting hand writing Handwriting, hand writing handwriting hand writing Handwriting, hand writing handwriting hand writing Handwriting, hand writing handwriting hand writing Handwriting, hand writing handwriting hand writing Handwriting, hand writing handwriting hand writing Handwriting, hand writing handwriting hand writing Handwriting, hand writing handwriting hand writing Handwriting, hand writing handwriting hand writing Handwriting, hand writing handwriting hand writing Handwriting, hand writing handwriting hand writing Handwriting, hand writing handwriting hand writing Handwriting, hand writing handwriting hand writing Handwriting, hand writing handwriting hand writing Handwriting, hand writing handwriting hand writing

I must use spell check I must use spellcheck! ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea