Protestant working class boys are thickos

Started by T Fearon, April 03, 2014, 11:10:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orior

The title of the thread was crafted whilst Tony's tongue was pointed firmly in his left cheek. Oh er missus
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Main Street

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 04, 2014, 12:02:22 PM
Quote from: hardstation on April 04, 2014, 11:55:41 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 04, 2014, 11:53:29 AM
Hand writting is gone, spelling (mine ain't the best but..) is none existent
:D

Exactly  ;D

Handwriting, hand writing handwriting hand writing Handwriting, hand writing handwriting hand writing Handwriting, hand writing handwriting hand writing Handwriting, hand writing handwriting hand writing Handwriting, hand writing handwriting hand writing Handwriting, hand writing handwriting hand writing Handwriting, hand writing handwriting hand writing Handwriting, hand writing handwriting hand writing Handwriting, hand writing handwriting hand writing Handwriting, hand writing handwriting hand writing Handwriting, hand writing handwriting hand writing Handwriting, hand writing handwriting hand writing Handwriting, hand writing handwriting hand writing Handwriting, hand writing handwriting hand writing Handwriting, hand writing handwriting hand writing Handwriting, hand writing handwriting hand writing Handwriting, hand writing handwriting hand writing Handwriting, hand writing handwriting hand writing

I must use spell check I must use spellcheck! ;D
Does that mean usage of  "none existent" passes the Nordie 'thicko' test?

johnneycool

Quote from: Orior on April 04, 2014, 12:35:09 PM
The title of the thread was crafted whilst Tony's tongue was pointed firmly in his left cheek. Oh er missus

Tony is some lad, always trying to put a humourous slant on his bigotry.

Applesisapples

Whilst the North's Industrial past is long gone there is still a folk memory in Protestant working class areas, that sense that they are better than the taigs and didn't need education in the past. The other factor that everybody except the Unionist politicians recognise is that they have not been prepared for this change, also their role models are drug dealing paramilitary's with fancy jeeps and beamers.

deiseach

I'm guessing this is a reaction to this story:

As the always excellent Cedar Lounge Revolution notes:

QuoteOf course, what they really meant is: "Traveller and Roma children left at the bottom of the class".

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Main Street on April 04, 2014, 12:39:58 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 04, 2014, 12:02:22 PM
Quote from: hardstation on April 04, 2014, 11:55:41 AM
Hand writting is gone, spelling (mine ain't the best but..) is none existent
:D

Exactly  ;D

Handwriting, hand writing handwriting hand writing Handwriting, hand writing handwriting hand writing Handwriting, hand writing handwriting hand writing Handwriting, hand writing handwriting hand writing Handwriting, hand writing handwriting hand writing Handwriting, hand writing handwriting hand writing Handwriting, hand writing handwriting hand writing Handwriting, hand writing handwriting hand writing Handwriting, hand writing handwriting hand writing Handwriting, hand writing handwriting hand writing Handwriting, hand writing handwriting hand writing Handwriting, hand writing handwriting hand writing Handwriting, hand writing handwriting hand writing Handwriting, hand writing handwriting hand writing Handwriting, hand writing handwriting hand writing Handwriting, hand writing handwriting hand writing Handwriting, hand writing handwriting hand writing Handwriting, hand writing handwriting hand writing

I must use spell check I must use spellcheck! ;D
Does that mean usage of  "none existent" passes the Nordie 'thicko' test?

Yes
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

charlieTully

What a load of balls Tony as per usual! Having worked with 16 years from both sides (Shankill, Falls, and Larne) over 13 years I don't see any difference with the type of student that comes into my classroom, they have left school with no education behind them at all, they have been let down by their parents, educational authorities (not enough basic education) and the area they live in does not promote doing well at school.

The amount of students I have heard this year come in and say they are thick is the worst in my time, they are demotivated and educationally challenged. Hand writting is gone, spelling (mine ain't the best but..) is none existent, simple maths (adding, subtracting, multiplying and division) is a struggle

Makies has been closed close on 15 years plus, moved from the original site 30 years ffs, Shipyard ceased making ships nearly 20 years and hasn't taken on apprentices since that.

Bombardier has been the main employer for engineering in Belfast but not the biggest employer in N.I, you should check how many people work for the Post Office and what would be the break down for that between the tribes.

When I applied for an apprenticeship in Harlands no one from where I lived wanted to work there because of the past and rightly so, murders and bigotry was constant back in the day, I expected it to be bad and probably looking back it was (Though I didn't have any hassle) but unless (post equality laws 88?) people from the Falls applied for a job in there then how was it going to change?  Only way to change it was by getting a job in it.

I've two classes that are lower that level 1 (skills for your life level) and pretty mixed (prod,taig) there isn't any difference  to be fair.

your students might leave with a better education if you actually taught them instead of posting pish on here all the time.

muppet

Quote from: deiseach on April 04, 2014, 12:55:57 PM

QuoteOf course, what they really meant is: "Traveller and Roma children left at the bottom of the class".

Where does all this leave Protestant girls?
MWWSI 2017

Milltown Row2

Quote from: charlieTully on April 04, 2014, 02:15:52 PM
What a load of balls Tony as per usual! Having worked with 16 years from both sides (Shankill, Falls, and Larne) over 13 years I don't see any difference with the type of student that comes into my classroom, they have left school with no education behind them at all, they have been let down by their parents, educational authorities (not enough basic education) and the area they live in does not promote doing well at school.

The amount of students I have heard this year come in and say they are thick is the worst in my time, they are demotivated and educationally challenged. Hand writting is gone, spelling (mine ain't the best but..) is none existent, simple maths (adding, subtracting, multiplying and division) is a struggle

Makies has been closed close on 15 years plus, moved from the original site 30 years ffs, Shipyard ceased making ships nearly 20 years and hasn't taken on apprentices since that.

Bombardier has been the main employer for engineering in Belfast but not the biggest employer in N.I, you should check how many people work for the Post Office and what would be the break down for that between the tribes.

When I applied for an apprenticeship in Harlands no one from where I lived wanted to work there because of the past and rightly so, murders and bigotry was constant back in the day, I expected it to be bad and probably looking back it was (Though I didn't have any hassle) but unless (post equality laws 88?) people from the Falls applied for a job in there then how was it going to change?  Only way to change it was by getting a job in it.

I've two classes that are lower that level 1 (skills for your life level) and pretty mixed (prod,taig) there isn't any difference  to be fair.

your students might leave with a better education if you actually taught them instead of posting pish on here all the time.

Aye Tully thanks your input to the discussion is very good, but I'd expect nothing else from a bigot ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

BennyCake

Quote from: muppet on April 04, 2014, 02:18:28 PM
Quote from: deiseach on April 04, 2014, 12:55:57 PM

Where does all this leave Protestant girls?

They're obviously the ones who make the fleg protest placards.

Apparently so

;D  ;D

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Apparently so on April 04, 2014, 03:51:41 PM

;D  ;D

;D ;D

Apparently so

T Fearon

How is paraphrasing the main headline on the news everywhere yesterday, an example of bigotry?

For what it's worth, I take all such headlines with a pinch of salt as they usually all emanate from pressure groups trying to magnify problems out of all proportion in a bid  to acquire funding.

As a product of the lower working classes myself (as was my late brother who became a Doctor), we had no role models growing up, no academic history whatsoever in the family, and grew up in the midst of a practical civil war in an area where catholics had to keep a very low profile, but we had ambition, a capacity for hard work, determination to make the most of opportunities, good teachers and above all parents who set an example of hard work, honesty and thrift who wanted nothing more from life than their two boys should have a better life than they had and make the most of opportunities that were denied to them.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Apparently so on April 04, 2014, 04:07:54 PM
:)

These wee smilies are wonderful

Cause that's all you've got? if you want to be a troll and follow me grand, if you want to have some input to the discussion then go ahead, though I doubt it.