GAA doing a deal with SkySports

Started by thejuice, March 27, 2014, 02:35:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BartSimpson

Few things from the whole show. It was a far, far superior production than TV3's shite, and despite it being their 1st game together, I thought it was fairly seamless. A new commentator and get the lads to slow down when they're talking and it could be a winner.

Overall, a thumbs up from me.

Love that comment on twitter about the KK lads declaring, had a good LOL at that.
guwan the parish

Zulu

Sidney

AZOffaly

Well that was f**king embarrassing. But I thought sky did a fine job on it.

BartSimpson

guwan the parish

Eamonnca1

Quote from: AZOffaly on June 07, 2014, 09:34:24 PM

Reaction on social media from first-time viewers has been positive, but a little confused which is understandable.  I missed the start of the match but from what I saw I feel like more could have been done to explain it to newcomers.

The Irish social media reaction to the British reaction has been embarrassing. Comments range from the patronising to the downright racist.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on June 07, 2014, 09:47:04 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on June 07, 2014, 09:34:24 PM

Reaction on social media from first-time viewers has been positive, but a little confused which is understandable.  I missed the start of the match but from what I saw I feel like more could have been done to explain it to newcomers.

The Irish social media reaction to the British reaction has been embarrassing. Comments range from the patronising to the downright racist.

I've noticed this with some people regarding Gaelic games. We whinge about nobody appreciating how brilliant it is and then when people do express an interest we patronise them and snigger at their mistakes. Take Joe Brolly's attitude as an example of what I'm talking about, mocking the pronunciation of counties etc.
That was never a square ball!!

thejuice

I've been living in England about 11 years now and cricket scores still don't make sense as I've no interest in it but I'm sure they'll figure it out eventually it's not complicated.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

orangeman

Quote from: hardstation on June 07, 2014, 10:02:24 PM
To be honest, if they don't get an analyst with a manic, evil laugh a la Ger Loughnane, then Sky Sports have absolutely no business covering hurling games.

I also didn't hear a single "Lookit". That'd need to be sorted also.

Very much so.

muppet

Quote from: orangeman on June 07, 2014, 10:10:42 PM
Quote from: hardstation on June 07, 2014, 10:02:24 PM
To be honest, if they don't get an analyst with a manic, evil laugh a la Ger Loughnane, then Sky Sports have absolutely no business covering hurling games.

I also didn't hear a single "Lookit". That'd need to be sorted also.

Very much so.

+ 1 as such.
MWWSI 2017

Eamonnca1

Quote from: BennyHarp on June 07, 2014, 09:59:55 PM
I've noticed this with some people regarding Gaelic games. We whinge about nobody appreciating how brilliant it is and then when people do express an interest we patronise them and snigger at their mistakes. Take Joe Brolly's attitude as an example of what I'm talking about, mocking the pronunciation of counties etc.

+1. On the plus side, he's been mercifully quiet on Twitter today.  He has to after his last little performance.

Sidney

Sure Kilkenny people can't pronounce the name of their county and several of their players properly. However it does give a British angle for Sky as they're bound to be intrigued by all the Welsh playing for Kilkenny. I suppose.

Minder

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on June 07, 2014, 10:16:31 PM

+1. On the plus side, he's been mercifully quiet on Twitter today.  He has to after his last little performance.

Yeah i think they took him into hand
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Sidney

I find Rachel Wyse's accent tremendously sexy - probably due to something in my subconscious about hearing a lot of similar accents at the Wesley disco, which I frequented in my teens, a long time ago.

IolarCoisCuain

Quote from: Sidney on June 07, 2014, 10:36:37 PM
I find Rachel Wyse's accent tremendously sexy - probably due to something in my subconscious about hearing a lot of similar accents at the Wesley disco, which I frequented in my teens, a long time ago.

It's not just the accent Sid ...