GAA doing a deal with SkySports

Started by thejuice, March 27, 2014, 02:35:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

didlyi

In fairness there is not much sky can do about the opposition for Kilkenny but that commentator will have to go if they are going to make it here. Plenty of skill on display albeit one-sided.

Zulu

Eamonnca1

Quote from: didlyi on June 07, 2014, 08:30:07 PM
In fairness there is not much sky can do about the opposition for Kilkenny but that commentator will have to go if they are going to make it here. Plenty of skill on display albeit one-sided.

Hard for a commentator to get excited about a game like that. I've heard Marty's commentary on one-sided games and his tone isn't much different when it's a hammering like that.

All in all I think it was a great presentation. Some gimmicky graphics at half time but that's what Sky viewers have come to expect in the UK.  My only concern is some of the analysts are talking a bit fast, might be hard to understand for the English audience.

Kidder81

Quote from: Zulu on June 07, 2014, 08:32:10 PM
What skill?

Yeah we get it, you get offended if anyone says hurling is skilful or more skilful than football.

muppet

MWWSI 2017

Zulu

Calm down down boyo, it was a poor game. Not every hurling game is full of skill and amazing action. Despite what you might think I'm a big hurling fan.

didlyi

Quote from: Zulu on June 07, 2014, 08:32:10 PM
What skill?

Ya what exactly is your point. It was an exhibition of skill in many respects but not a match.

Zulu

No there wasn't, Offaly were like a junior B team so how the hell was anything Kilkenny did skilful?

BennyHarp

A bloke from Islington on Twitter commented that Kilkenny may be the first hurling team to declare.
That was never a square ball!!

Zulu

Quote from: hardstation on June 07, 2014, 08:52:52 PM
What is a skill?

Well everything involving a ball is a skill so what isn't?

Eamonnca1

In my book I warn that this would happen.  First-time viewers don't understand the goals-points notation, so get rid of it! It's a hangover from the days when goals outweighed any number of points and there's no longer any need for it. Just display the totals.

http://gaaresults.ie/priceless-these-new-gaa-fans-are-getting-it-hard-to-figure-out/

Zulu

The point I was making is Kilkenny were so far ahead of Offaly that it was easy for players to execute the skills of the game. Running is a skill is it it not?

Zulu

You think so? So if Dublin destroyed Antrim you reckon they had executed the skills of the game at a high level?

EDIT: In football I mean.