PSNI up to old RUC Knavery........................Again.

Started by stew, March 11, 2014, 06:01:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

An Aer Lingus check in person at a London airport heard Northern Ireland accents and commented to the passengers " have you left your bombs at home today ?".

The passengers were very annoyed and contacted Aer Lingus.

The fella was on Joe Duffeeeeeeeeey today talking all about it.

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

EC Unique

Myles Na G.

Quote from: tyroneman on March 12, 2014, 06:49:41 AM
Quote from: Myles Na G. on March 12, 2014, 06:40:35 AM
I've googled this each and every way I can and all I can find is the same story on republican websites, one young girl and one young lad in west Belfast stopped and questioned for carrying hurls. In the young fella's case there also seems to be some issue of trespass on NI Railways property, which in the youtube video he denies.  When I go outside my front door on any given evening I'm quite likely to see scores of kids with hurls on the Ormeau and Ravenhill Roads, some of them being my neighbours' kids. Haven't heard anybody talking about PSNI stopping and questioning young gaels. So basically we have two minor instances of kids being stopped with the possibility that some individual PSNI officers are being a bit officious, yet the way people on here are reacting you'd think there was a high level PSNI policy to stamp out Gaelic games. If there is any sort of problem at all in the west of the city, it could be addressed very quickly and very effectively by one of the Shinner councillors or MLAs who sit on the policing board or on the Police and Community Safety Partnerships. A quick word with one of the senior peelers, with whom they're all on first name terms, and hey presto, problem sorted. Why not get CRJ on the case? They have top cops on speed dial. But no. Let's turn it into Oppression of the Croppies: The Movie. Let's wheel out some oul' doll who once did time in Armagh jail. Let's all line up for the camera and tell the world how we're victimised by state forces for our culture. Absolutely pathetic. Truly.

Well if folks can get knickers in such a twist about a piece of fabric legally and democratically removed from the top of a building.........what should we call that film?

Maybe the lads and aul dolls outside city hall on a Saturday (weather permitting) could pass on lessons in how to be
Quotevictimised by state forces for our culture

So because the fleg people behave like morons, we should behave like morons too? Strong argument, but you haven't persuaded me.  ::)

Nally Stand

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 12, 2014, 08:21:02 PM
Quote from: stew on March 12, 2014, 02:53:00 PM
Hyperbole my hole! If you cannot see this for what it is you are either named myles or you are an idiot, same thing if you ask me!

Get a f**king grip. The reality is people are more worried about the price of bread than a peeler telling a lad off for carrying a hurl!!! Who gives a shit ffs?
So what you are saying is, that because the economy is very important, any cop should be free to harass a youth for carrying hurl in public, and, again because the economy is so important; if anyone thinks a cop harassing someone from carrying a hurl is unacceptable, they should shut up, be a good little croppie, and just lie down?
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

theticklemister

Quote from: hardstation on March 12, 2014, 03:35:37 PM
Hyperbole my hole! If you cannot see this for what it is you are either named myles or you are an idiot, same thing if you ask me!
So, everyone named Myles is an idiot?

Good one, Myles.

I'm telling you this, lads with that name will definitely go places.

Myles Na G.

Quote from: Nally Stand on March 12, 2014, 11:36:38 PM

Get a f**king grip. The reality is people are more worried about the price of bread than a peeler telling a lad off for carrying a hurl!!! Who gives a shit ffs?
So what you are saying is, that because the economy is very important, any cop should be free to harass a youth for carrying hurl in public, and, again because the economy is so important; if anyone thinks a cop harassing someone from carrying a hurl is unacceptable, they should shut up, be a good little croppie, and just lie down?
No, they should contact their local MLA, councillor or community rep / ex combatant i.e the people who control the PSNI and hold the organisation to account, and make a complaint. What they shouldn't do is to start crying that big bad state forces are picking on them and suppressing Our Culture, because these days republicans like Gerry Kelly and Martin McGuinness and Alex Maskey and Fra McCann, etc etc - these people are the state / establishment. So, pick up the phone or go round to their political premises and get them to do their job and sort out any problem with local policing. Stop getting on like you've just been put on a prison ship to the colonies.

Milltown Row2

Where did I say that? Typical of you to twist words. I said people really don't give a fcuk, cops harassing someone is wrong. Christ knows I've seen it and dealt with myself on a daily bases. This is nothing compared to what went on in the past, but hey, why not keep things going, if the lad was harrassed then he should put in a complaint, move on ffs.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Nally Stand

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 13, 2014, 09:34:33 AM

Where did I say that? Typical of you to twist words. I said people really don't give a fcuk, cops harassing someone is wrong. Christ knows I've seen it and dealt with myself on a daily bases. This is nothing compared to what went on in the past, but hey, why not keep things going, if the lad was harrassed then he should put in a complaint, move on ffs.
Fair enough. I just thought you didn't think police harassment was important to take issue with when you said "who gives a shit ffs" and told a poster who criticised it to "get a f**king grip". My mistake.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

LeoMc

Quote from: Myles Na G. on March 13, 2014, 06:36:53 AM

No, they should contact their local MLA, councillor or community rep / ex combatant i.e the people who control the PSNI and hold the organisation to account, and make a complaint. What they shouldn't do is to start crying that big bad state forces are picking on them and suppressing Our Culture, because these days republicans like Gerry Kelly and Martin McGuinness and Alex Maskey and Fra McCann, etc etc - these people are the state / establishment. So, pick up the phone or go round to their political premises and get them to do their job and sort out any problem with local policing. Stop getting on like you've just been put on a prison ship to the colonies.

I would have to agree with that. The other MOPE approach just plays into the hands of dissidents who do not want the structures to work.

stew

Quote from: Nally Stand on March 13, 2014, 04:30:42 PM

Fair enough. I just thought you didn't think police harassment was important to take issue with when you said "who gives a shit ffs" and told a poster who criticised it to "get a f**king grip". My mistake.

As usual MR2 is all over the shop, maybe he just cares about the police harassing him on a daily basis but does  not give a shit about anyone else being harassed!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: stew on March 13, 2014, 04:40:35 PM
Quote from: Nally Stand on March 13, 2014, 04:30:42 PM

As usual MR2 is all over the shop, maybe he just cares about the police harassing him on a daily basis but does  not give a shit about anyone else being harassed!

Police harassment:

A few weeks ago, a young man and his friends were stopped by the PSNI for carrying hurley's.

The police accused them of carrying dangerous and offensive weapons before attempting to take the hurley's off of them.

Seriously?? get a f**king grip

Rossfan

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 13, 2014, 07:40:41 PM
Police harassment:

A few weeks ago, a young man and his friends were stopped by the PSNI for carrying hurley's.

The police accused them of carrying dangerous and offensive weapons before attempting to take the hurley's off of them.

Apostrophe harrassment  :-\
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Myles Na G.

Quote from: Rossfan on March 13, 2014, 09:09:14 PM
Police harassment:

spelling harassment ;)

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Rossfan on March 13, 2014, 09:09:14 PM
Police harassment:

Written by GAA media, I just cut and paste it