Armagh v Laois (Sat 8th March - 19:00)

Started by illdecide, March 04, 2014, 10:42:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armaghgeddon

Ringfort

Why is every Armagh game on Premiersports? Not complaining as such I will watch any GAA match gladly but this is a div 2 team so why the special treatment ?

T Fearon

Still attract a huge support, arguably the largest in Ulster still

Armaghgeddon

Quote from: Ringfort on March 08, 2014, 03:30:15 PM
Why is every Armagh game on Premiersports? Not complaining as such I will watch any GAA match gladly but this is a div 2 team so why the special treatment ?

As I have said before, it changes every year.

Ringfort

How would I know what you have said before ? What changes every year ? The matches shown by premsports? The in-favour teams? Could be anything.

Armagh is an alright tier 2 team. This will be the third league game I've watched them this spring. Doesn't add up. Supporter base does not come in to it. If they were such great supporters they'd be at the games (which in fairness they appear to be) and not watching it on tele.

Armaghgeddon

Quote from: Ringfort on March 08, 2014, 06:02:40 PM
How would I know what you have said before ? What changes every year ? The matches shown by premsports? The in-favour teams? Could be anything.

Armagh is an alright tier 2 team. This will be the third league game I've watched them this spring. Doesn't add up. Supporter base does not come in to it. If they were such great supporters they'd be at the games (which in fairness they appear to be) and not watching it on tele.

Last time I seen so many games involving Armagh was back around 2008. This year for example, all Armagh's NFL games are being
shown on Setanta and next year it will be some other county, that is the only logical explanation for it.

Captain Obvious

Armagh leading by four, i think Laois have the wind in the second half.

Armaghgeddon

Armagh playing some beautiful football here, they look confident and aren't panicking and they are using the ball well and so far have 7 different scorers

-12 to 0-6 now

Armaghgeddon

Laois goal, poor play in the middle by Armagh, lost possession leading to back line being exposed.

Armaghgeddon

0-12 to 1-6

Armagh played well in the first half, some excellent passing and keeping their cool under pressure. Confident in taking scores and only took shots when worked into good positions rather than just hit and hope. Unlucky to concede the goal, lost possession in the middle of the field and after a miss kick from a defender we were left exposed at the back.

Captain Obvious

Armagh 2-18 Laois 1-12. Two good wins in a row, what if Down didn't score that late goal.

brokencrossbar1

Well there you go,  I have to say that I am being pleasantly surprised with Armagh at the minute,   2-18 is great scoring in any mans language,particularly when Jamie seemed to be relatively quiet.  Other players stepped  up well, TK with 6 points and Stefan Campbell  starting to show his talent with 1-4.  A win against Galway will completely secure Division 2 status but promotion is not completely out of the question.

armaghniac

Well done Armagh, sorry I missed this one. Roll on the Farneymen next week!
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

bennydorano

Ethan Rafferty has the makings of a top player. Great result, surprised by the win myself but Laois had plenty of opportunities, on another day the outcome could have been different. Armagh look good going forward, but when it breaks down it becomes a defensive horror show. A lot of positives, Campbell & Findon catching my eye.