Armagh v Laois (Sat 8th March - 19:00)

Started by illdecide, March 04, 2014, 10:42:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

illdecide

With a good away win last week in Navan under our belts there is great opportunity for Armagh to get another 2Pt's this Sat evening against a decent Laois team, hopefully the injury list will start to clear up and we can get another few decent results the rest of the league.

Laois are were i expect them to be (mid table Div 2 team) so it will be a tight game alright but hopefully we can get a win.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Throw ball

Big game for Armagh. They need to put performances back to back. Would be good to see a few injured defenders back. There were no defenders on the bench last week. Any word on how Finn Mo. or McCoey are getting on. Would not want to have Kernan, Donaghy or Morgan rushed back too early.

bennydorano

When's the last time Armagh beat Laois? Used to knock them over for fun, but they've had our number recently (so have a lot of other counries tbf).

seafoid

Laois should beat Armagh. They were very good last weekend and Armagh are one of the weaker teams in the division. Injury crisis and Grimley is poor enough. Even Galway beat them last summer FFS. Both teams are 100/1 with paddy power for sam . Laois are 150/1 which is not right. 

Throw ball

Quote from: bennydorano on March 04, 2014, 07:56:31 PM
When's the last time Armagh beat Laois? Used to knock them over for fun, but they've had our number recently (so have a lot of other counries tbf).

We beat them about 4 years ago in Portlaoise. Henderson got the winner with the last kick.

The Boy Wonder

Home advantage will obviously favour Armagh but Laois have a few things going for them coming into this game.
Experience – the core of the Laois team have been together for a few years and have benefitted from previous manager Justin McNulty's regime. Watching Laois Vs Armagh in the league a few years ago (McNulty's first season - Armagh won by a point as far as I remember) it was obvious that Armagh were more advanced in both physical and tactical preparation. Now the boot might be on the other foot.
More emphasis on attack - Tomas O Flatharta is less conservative than his predecessor and giving more rein to the forwards. At the same time the defensive side coached by McNulty has not been forgotten.
This Laois team are an honest bunch of players and I'd be fairly confident they will put in a decent performance on Sat. night. Should be a good game.

illdecide

So there you have it...Laois by 6pts (according to the Laois men ;))

illdecide

In all seriousness Armagh are very unpredictable and you just don't know how they're going to perform. On betting Laois should be 4/6 and Armagh 6/4 but Paddypower has them both at 1/1. Should be a good open game and I'm looking forward to it. See you all on Sat nite.

Dont Matter

'Dublin is not a national problem, it's a national opportunity.'
Peter Quinn

Rossfan

Quote from: seafoid on March 04, 2014, 08:03:28 PM
Armagh are one of the weaker teams in the division. Injury crisis and Grimley is poor enough. Even Galway beat them last summer FFS. Both teams are 100/1 with paddy power for sam . Laois are 150/1 which is not right.
Does it matter  what their odds are as none of the 3 are likely to win Sam ?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

lawnseed

My first croker game.. Armagh v laois hugh emerson the hairy fella had the ball over in about 3 seconds..
Is the fella with the c**k going to the match? Never liked clancy from he tried to decapitate oisin with his studs.. Useful footballer though..
Armagh have played second string players in the league since I can remember and have punched well above their weight for their PERCEIVED ability could see a draw
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

Oraisteach

Anyone know if any radio is covering the match?  Thanks.

Throw ball

Quote from: Oraisteach on March 07, 2014, 11:32:46 PM
Anyone know if any radio is covering the match?  Thanks.

If you have Internet Linwood's Armagh TV has audio commentary. Radio Ulster may do coverage too.

Oraisteach

seafoid

Quote from: Rossfan on March 07, 2014, 03:42:20 PM
Quote from: seafoid on March 04, 2014, 08:03:28 PM
Armagh are one of the weaker teams in the division. Injury crisis and Grimley is poor enough. Even Galway beat them last summer FFS. Both teams are 100/1 with paddy power for sam . Laois are 150/1 which is not right.
Does it matter  what their odds are as none of the 3 are likely to win Sam ?
It does in terms of how punters see the relative strengths of the team.
I think Laois will win and Armagh will be back in the danger zone.

Meath, Armagh, Louth and Galway are the weakest teams in the division.  The only points any of these 4 teams have came from playing the other weak teams.
Galway vs Armagh is going to be a 4 pointer.