Armagh v Laois (Sat 8th March - 19:00)

Started by illdecide, March 04, 2014, 10:42:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

our_fella

Quote from: Ringfort on March 08, 2014, 03:30:15 PM
Why is every Armagh game on Premiersports? Not complaining as such I will watch any GAA match gladly but this is a div 2 team so why the special treatment ?

What other match was there on tonight apart from Dublin v Kildare..which was also on tele? 

illdecide

Another 1 r 2 results like that is what's needed for confidence and more importantly to keep some of the injured players on the bench as I believe PG will keep playing a winning team. There is nothing better than an established senior player sitting as a sub watching some young cub playing in his position as that's what drives up the intensity in training and keeps everyone on their toes.
Stefan C was a worthy mom and I was v pleased for him as he's worked v hard at it, in fairness most of the lads done their bit last night. The goal just before ht was disappointing to give away as it could have galvanised the opposition.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Ringfort

Quote from: our_fella on March 09, 2014, 12:17:18 AM
Quote from: Ringfort on March 08, 2014, 03:30:15 PM
Why is every Armagh game on Premiersports? Not complaining as such I will watch any GAA match gladly but this is a div 2 team so why the special treatment ?

What other match was there on tonight apart from Dublin v Kildare..which was also on tele?

Jaysis I'm not having a go at Armagh lads. any response I've got so far has been all diversion and deflection. It's a simple enough thing to wonder about. I've seen a div 2 team 3 times already this year. Seems a little lopsided. That's all. If nobody knows fair enough!

illdecide

The chief executive of Setanta is from Armagh... Just guessing

lawnseed

I had a draw in mind. This IS a very good result. The boys are certainly showiing plenty of guts..

A wee bit of dry weather.. More supporters.. Who knows where this could go ;)
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

JP

Was very impressed by management decisions. We seem to have a bit more tactical nous this year. Thought Armagh tired towards the end of both halves, particularly midfield which is understandable given they worked there socks off. There was big gaps starting to form in the middle of the field. In response Armagh chucked Ethan Rafferty into full forward and brought Stefan Campbell out.

It's little things like that can win close matches.

Stefan Campbell was brilliant and deserved his motm, but Tony Kernan was also brilliant. Him, Dyas and Rafferty must be the best half foward line we have had in years, no more shoe horning a 3rd midfielder or a grafter into that line.

All in all very happy, but tougher tests lie ahead.

BennyCake

Quote from: lawnseed on March 09, 2014, 12:31:34 PM
I had a draw in mind. This IS a very good result. The boys are certainly showiing plenty of guts..

A wee bit of dry weather.. More supporters.. Who knows where this could go ;)

Maybe if there was less Saturday night games, we would see more fans. It's cold enough during the day this time of year, but it's far colder at night. 4 night games from 7 is far too many.

ardchieftain

I agree that there are far too many Saturday[even a friday!] night games. Thankfully last night wasn't anywhere near as siberian as the down game.

Anyway, great to see that the rebuilding process is showing a lot of positive signs

Sandy Hill

Quote from: illdecide on March 09, 2014, 12:15:49 PM
The chief executive of Setanta is from Armagh... Just guessing

As a matter of interest, does anyone know if the Irish News sports editor is from Tyrone? They get way more coverage than any other team in the country!
"Stercus accidit"

macdanger2

Quote from: macdanger2 on March 08, 2014, 11:57:04 PM
If you can draw a line of form (and obviously you can't) then you should pile on Down to beat Galway @ 4/7

Glad I didn't do that, although I had those hoors Donegal backed to thump the meathies  >:(

Dont Matter

The wind cost Laois again. For some reason Laois decided to play against the wind after winning the toss, it was the losing of the game. Armagh got a few points up with the wind and then were able to catch Laois on the counter as we needed to push forward for scores. The keeper was able to take ages over kick outs for Armagh and waste time.
We hit the crossbar and the post with goal efforts as well, no way were Armagh 9 points the better team. I suppose they deserved to win by 1 or 2, it would have been different had Laois played with the wind first half. On another note, a Laois player received some awful racist abuse when he was coming off the field. It was hard to spot all the culprits but one lad looked a bit like sneaky McKeever!
'Dublin is not a national problem, it's a national opportunity.'
Peter Quinn

Armaghgeddon

Quote from: Dont Matter on March 09, 2014, 06:00:28 PM
The wind cost Laois again. For some reason Laois decided to play against the wind after winning the toss, it was the losing of the game. Armagh got a few points up with the wind and then were able to catch Laois on the counter as we needed to push forward for scores. The keeper was able to take ages over kick outs for Armagh and waste time.
We hit the crossbar and the post with goal efforts as well, no way were Armagh 9 points the better team. I suppose they deserved to win by 1 or 2, it would have been different had Laois played with the wind first half. On another note, a Laois player received some awful racist abuse when he was coming off the field. It was hard to spot all the culprits but one lad looked a bit like sneaky McKeever!

Lol

JP

ly

Playing with the wind in the 2nd half is an advantage. Players know what they have to do.

illdecide

Lol...what age r u

Throw ball

Good to see you have not lost your sense of humour.