Whatever became of.....

Started by Gaffer, February 19, 2014, 07:58:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

Seafoid, as you mention it, Celtic FC only last week announced the formation of the Ex Players Association, with membership open to anyone who has played even a single first team game for the club. The idea is to meet regularly, organise functions (from which revenue streams could materialise) and help each other out at times of difficulty etc. An excellent idea and one that all football clubs should replicate and facilitate.

Celtic use a lot of former players as matchday hosts, or on  Celtic TV, or as Club ambassadors. In fact someone high up in the club recently told me that they are going to struggle big time to fill such roles when the 60s and early 70s generation of players (99% Scottish) eventually go to their eternal reward, as it's unlikely Larsson and Comapny will travel from abroad to act as hosts.

southdown

ONeill

F.R. David
Nena
Chris Lewis
Buster Douglas
Schillachi
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Gaffer

"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

sensethetone

paddy bradley's 3 month suspenion in 2007 ;)

Shamrock Shore

Carrie Crowley
Fr. Iggy that played hurling for Galway
The Cigire

mouview

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on February 19, 2014, 04:46:00 PM
Carrie Crowley
The Cigire

Fr. Iggy left the priesthood, married, and is now a teacher and counseller in a secondary school. Nice man.

Under Lights

deiseach

Quote from: mouview on February 19, 2014, 04:51:03 PM
Quote from: Shamrock Shore on February 19, 2014, 04:46:00 PM
Carrie Crowley
The Cigire

Fr. Iggy left the priesthood, married, and is now a teacher and counseller in a secondary school. Nice man.

He should know what happened to the Cigire then.

BennyCake

THE MIGHTY QUINN

deiseach

Eamonnca1

Cold tea

redcard