Cill Dara v Tír Eoghain, D1R314, Newbridge, Sunday 2nd March @ 2pm.

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, February 12, 2014, 02:55:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinny Breen

Kildare team for Sunday.

1. Shane Connolly
2. Mick O'Grady
3. Mick Foley
4. Hugh McGrillen
5. Kevin Murnaghan
6. Fergal Conway
7. Paul Cribbin
8. Tommy Moolick
9. Gary White
10. Cathal McNally
11. Eoghan O'Flaherty
12. Sean Hurley
13. Paddy Brophy
14. Tomás O'Connor
15. Darroch Mulhall

Again a pretty young team, albeit settled, our injuries are definitely giving the likes of Hurley, Mulhall, Moolick,Murnaghan and O'Grady plenty of experience and  can only increase our options come championship.

Looking at that Tyrone team don't expect to win but am hoping to see some sort of defensive progression.
#newbridgeornowhere

Donnellys Hollow

I hope Paul Cribbin at left half back is only a short term measure until the injuries clear up. He is wasted back there.

I'm interested to see how Mulhall gets on this Sunday. He was Kildare's best forward by a distance down in Cork kicking some great points. How will he react when he has some angry northerner yapping in his ear for seventy minutes? His temperament was suggested as the reason why McGeeney never gave him a run.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Fuzzman

It's been a long long time since I heard such a reaction to a named Tyrone lineup.
There certainly is a lot of excitement around the squad again and hopefully we don't get a flat performance now on Sunday to bring us back to earth

From us being quite toothless if we were ever without Stevie for a few years now, we seem to have quite a few exciting attacking options all of a sudden.
I'm glad Mickey stuck with Grugan at MF as he has to find his way there and the more tough matches he plays there the more he'll come on.

Would be interesting to see if Kildare were to play a defensive style game how Tyrone would fare.
How likely is that or do Kildare no longer play sweepers?

Fuzzman

Interesting that 2 of our top 5 scorers are named on the starting team this weekend
Lavery (3.06) and McNeice (1.09)

Does anyone have any news on the 2 McMahons?
Do we think we'll see Justy struggle again this year with his hammys or could he play a full season?

I really can't see Stevie getting regular football this year but maybe the odd sub appearance here and there. Who knows I suppose come the summer

tyroneman

Is Grugan really near 6'4???

He certainly doesn't look it when playing near other midfielders

omagh_gael

Kildare 1 up at HT. 0-13 to 1-09. Tyrone were 7 to no score down after 10 mins so happy to be in touch. Emmet Mc Kenna with the goal and Pete Harte off on black card. Hopefully we can push on after half time. Sounds like a cracker of a game.

CD

That is simply Unbelievable! Thank goodness for the Black Card Rule because Kildare would have closed that game out! Sean Cavanagh proved right!!
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

omagh_gael

BennyHarp

That was never a square ball!!

Fuzzman

BennyHarp

Two goals in injury time to win 3-16 to 1-21. First time Tyrone led in the game.
That was never a square ball!!

CD

Quote from: Fuzzman on March 02, 2014, 03:36:52 PM
Jesus what was the score?

3-16 to 1-21 Tyrone win. Two goals in last 90 seconds when 5 points down! Some character there! Deferred on TG4 starting now. Worth a watch - 41 scores in 75 minutes is some value!
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

John o connor

Donnellys Hollow

There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Bord na Mona man

Looked like the Tyrone centre forward took about 13 steps in the build up to the winning goal. Great belief from Tyrone to snatch a win!