Cill Dara v Tír Eoghain, D1R314, Newbridge, Sunday 2nd March @ 2pm.

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, February 12, 2014, 02:55:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Quote from: nrico2006 on March 03, 2014, 01:05:14 PM
Was glad to see Tyrone hit Kildare with the sucker punches
And don't forget the fcukin 39 steps ye're man took leading up to the last goal.
Wonderful bit of non reffing there FFS !!
Anyway some Kildare lad should have taken his black card and hauled yer man down.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

sensethetone

Quote from: Rossfan on March 04, 2014, 10:56:33 AM
And don't forget the fcukin 39 steps ye're man took leading up to the last goal.
Anyway some Kildare lad should have taken his black card and hauled yer man down.
they tried to take him down must be (had to be) why the ref let donnelly run on

nrico2006

Quote from: Rossfan on March 04, 2014, 10:56:33 AM

The Kildare man near had his jersey ripped off, the ref rightly gave him the advantage.  Reminds me of Seav Cavanaghs goal against Dublin in 2008 when people complained about him taking a few extra steps but seemed to ignore the man pulling him back the whole time.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

shawshank

The ref did not have his hand up to indicate advantage, therefore the logical conclusion, he was not giving advantage and made a balls of the 4/5 step rule. He took 12 at my count.

EC Unique

Quote from: shawshank on March 04, 2014, 01:33:05 PM
The ref did not have his hand up to indicate advantage, therefore the logical conclusion, he was not giving advantage and made a balls of the 4/5 step rule. He took 12 at my count.

Which was the biggest sin by the ref? Not blowing for too many steps or not raising his hands to indicate advantage?

sensethetone

Quote from: EC Unique on March 04, 2014, 02:45:38 PM

Which was the biggest sin by the ref? Not blowing for too many steps or not raising his hands to indicate advantage?
kildare management lost that game for kildare so no point blaming tyrone players, both sides have lessons to learn

screenexile

Quote from: EC Unique on March 04, 2014, 02:45:38 PM

Fcuk that he should have blown for a free out... any chance you have to anger the Tyronies should always be taken!!

Fuzzman

Quote from: sensethetone on March 03, 2014, 04:18:52 PM
number 8 for kildare could have had a black card on a few occasions and he was a big influence for kildare

Yer right there Sensethetone. He was trying to get a rise out of poor wee Colm all day and thankfully Colm kept his head. I think Colm has actually improved his discipline immensely and he doesn't do as much whinging as he used to.

I was telling the Cork man next to me how open Tyrone's defence is and how even Michael Lyster commented on it and said it's sooooooo un-Mickey Harte-like

I reckon Mickey know's a lot of these defenders have got too used to playing with sweepers and men covering them so they've lost their edge on one v one tackling. So I think this is Mickey's way of counteracting that now in the league and letting defenders get roasted and dealing with that. We will see how it pans out come May or June.

Mr. Nakata

I thought only Morgan, Mattie and Ronan O'Neill played well on Sunday. The 2 inside forwards had a bad day at the office and although Emmet McKenna took his scores well, his ball handling was rank. Colm put in a decent shift, but midfield was cleaned out as per usual. The amount of times Kildare anticipated the break or where it was going to go was impressive, or else we were just inept. The defense is a mystery. I would say 2,3,4,5 & 7 are all up for grabs, presuming the beard is going to persist with Pete at 6. I hope he moves him into the forwards myself. Approaching our 4th game in the league, to have every defensive jersey up for grabs is worrying. Big Joe and Gormley cert championship starters surely....If Justy could only get himself fit, he would definitely be in contention as well. Lets see what team is named on Thursday night.

CD

Quote from: Mr. Nakata on March 04, 2014, 05:47:21 PM
I thought only Morgan, Mattie and Ronan O'Neill played well on Sunday. The 2 inside forwards had a bad day at the office and although Emmet McKenna took his scores well, his ball handling was rank. Colm put in a decent shift, but midfield was cleaned out as per usual. The amount of times Kildare anticipated the break or where it was going to go was impressive, or else we were just inept. The defense is a mystery. I would say 2,3,4,5 & 7 are all up for grabs, presuming the beard is going to persist with Pete at 6. I hope he moves him into the forwards myself. Approaching our 4th game in the league, to have every defensive jersey up for grabs is worrying. Big Joe and Gormley cert championship starters surely....If Justy could only get himself fit, he would definitely be in contention as well. Lets see what team is named on Thursday night.

A fit Justy would be an absolutely massive boost to Tyrone. People around the country have almost forgotten about him. I think I've seen him last a full 70 minutes once in the last 4 years (McKenna Cup V Derry in Armagh??)- always seems to go off injured. Such a massive shame.
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

omagh_gael

Justy must have a fresh injury. An interview with Tony Donnelly before the Mayo game suggested he could have featured from the bench in that game if memory serves me right.