Cill Dara v Tír Eoghain, D1R314, Newbridge, Sunday 2nd March @ 2pm.

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, February 12, 2014, 02:55:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fuzzman

I'd happily swap with Kildare and let them play up in Omagh and sure both of wear near enough the same colours now anyway.

I'd love to see Lavery be kept on but doubt he's done enough tbh
McNeice will probably stay in too but wonder about Cassidy now that we've a few other MF options.
I think McBride should possibly make it too

When is the last time Kildare beat us. I remember them drawing with us up in Omagh a few years back under Geezer

rodney trotter

Quote from: Fuzzman on February 21, 2014, 05:01:53 PM
I'd happily swap with Kildare and let them play up in Omagh and sure both of wear near enough the same colours now anyway.

McNeice will probably stay in too but wonder about Cassidy now that we've a few other MF options.

When is the last time Kildare beat us. I remember them drawing with us up in Omagh a few years back under Geezer

2012 Division 2 final?

Dinny Breen

Quote from: rodney trotter on February 21, 2014, 05:04:18 PM
Quote from: Fuzzman on February 21, 2014, 05:01:53 PM

2012 Division 2 final?

Aye
#newbridgeornowhere

tc_manchester

Folks,
   I'm bringing No. 1 son to his first Tyrone match this Sunday and I was wondering about the size of the stand at Newbridge. Are tickets for the stand sold at the ground or is it first come first served.

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: tc_manchester on February 25, 2014, 01:17:49 PM
Folks,
   I'm bringing No. 1 son to his first Tyrone match this Sunday and I was wondering about the size of the stand at Newbridge. Are tickets for the stand sold at the ground or is it first come first served.

Admission to the ground is to all areas. There are only a few hundred seats in the stand. You would need to be getting there long before throw in to be sure of a seat. Probably about one o'clock.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Fuzzman

I'm hoping to bring son No 1 as well this weekend. He's only 6 and although I've had him in Croker for a few Dub games this is his first Tyrone game.
How much is it for kids?
I'd say he'll be bored after 15 mins.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Fuzzman on February 25, 2014, 04:20:43 PM
I'm hoping to bring son No 1 as well this weekend. He's only 6 and although I've had him in Croker for a few Dub games this is his first Tyrone game.
How much is it for kids?
I'd say he'll be bored after 15 mins.

Free in is it not for u16s?

#newbridgeornowhere

ONeill

How do the Kildarionians/horsey people/landlords think their side are progressing post-McGeeney? Expansive?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

trileacman

Quote from: ONeill on February 25, 2014, 10:44:03 PM
How do the Kildarionians/horsey people/landlords PROTESTANTS think their side are progressing post-McGeeney? Expansive?
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

seafoid

McGeeney said something very impressive after the Tyrone match last year

http://www.thestar.ie/star/lilywhites-stalwarts-wont-rush-big-calls-29423/

"It's not easy, but even in our own days it took playing 10 years for Armagh before we won anything," he explained.
"It was just before you were ready to quit when things seemed to change. Things can change in a heartbeat and you can go on to win a few things."It's about keeping knocking on the door and never giving up. That's what sport's about.
"You have to go out there and take it because in sport it's never given to you, it's never put in your lap."

For the Tyronies, a bit of Gaeilge

Ní huasal ná íseal ach thuas seal agus thíos seal.

bogball88

Fuzzman

Ohtoohtobe

I haven't had a bet in years but I'd nearly come off the wagon for this, even with Tyrone at 4/6.
I mean I wouldn't be confident if we had a full side, and as it is, you could name a decent 15 of unavailable Kildare players, assuming we're not going to play any U21s because of the Offaly match on Wednesday:
                      AN Other
Ollie Lyons Peter Kelly David Hyland
John Byrne Fergal Conway Eoin Doyle
           Daniel Flynn Kevin Feely
Eamonn Callaghan Niall Kelly Emmet Bolton
Alan Smith Paddy Brophy John Doyle

To my mind that's a much stronger team than the one we'll field. OK I cheated a bit including Flynn and Feely but you get my drift.
Even if we do use the 21s, I can see only one result.

Fuzzman

Are many of ye coming down for this match?
Weather forecast doesn't seem to good at the moment but maybe it will improve.
Is there only a small stand?

It will be very interesting to see the team Mickey names tonight with more of the older lads coming back into contention.
I will be especially interested to see what role Mickey has for Penrose this year. The last few years he was playing more defensively than as a score getter or does he see him as only a bit part player now.

Brophy looks an excellent player and with her FB line being so open I say he could get a lot of scores on Sunday.

God14

Penrose's days as inside forward are over. There are at least 6 better options there now for Mickey.
His best chance of game time would be in a Dooher type role at No.10 where his workrate & pace could be utilised.