An Mhí v Ard Mhacha, NFL Div 2, Round 3, Navan, Saturday 1st March 2014

Started by BennyCake, February 10, 2014, 07:32:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rodney trotter

I know Cavan played well, sure  read the Cavan thread from last year. Your analysis are not exactly 50/50

Itchy

I'd be biased for Cavan though rodders. Don't mind me, I'd a feed of drink last night and had to get up early. It has me in cranky form.

RealSpiritof98

Quote from: Itchy on March 02, 2014, 08:30:32 AM
I say Grimley is clueless not because he favours a sweeper or any tactic but because he seems to think once you play one way at the start of a game you cannot change it during the game no natter what is happening. As for McGeeney, what has he done as a manager so far with all the resources as his disposal in Kildare, not a lot If Armagh had a decent management they'd be a very decent 2nd tier team but at the moment they look like a div 3 team.

On what basis do you come up with this comment. A draw away to Louth, last minute sucker punch by Down in the worst conditions imaginable and with 14 men for 20 mins, plus a very good away victory to Meath. You must be an ardent Div 3 and 2 viewer.

There seems to be a vendetta against Grimley, he is blooding these youngsters and will supply a foundation of a successful team in the future. He has opted to bring Geezer in and in a way its a no win situation for him ie if the team flops he's to blame, if the team make huge progress its the Geezer factor. I feel Armagh are on the rise whether you like it or not, we are lacking physicality in a few areas but im looking forward to see if this team can improve on last year.

T Fearon

Not criticising anyone but there is a distinct lack of consistency and tactics don't seem to follow any discernible game plan,as far as Armagh are concerned.Three points have been gained alright but better teams than Louth and Meath will not let 9 and 5 point leads slip.Injuries notwithstanding we still look like a team than can hammer Wicklow or Leitrim but struggle against average Division 2 teams.Jamie Clarke will not enjoy as many opportunities from dead ball situations again this season

illdecide

TBH i didn't see that result coming but it wasn't a great shock either as we knew Meath were in a similar position to ourselves, C Rafferty did impress and he looks nailed down for a HF position on the team. The lads at MF is what we need (Runners) and the more game time and experience they get the better for Armagh, we do need a bit more help for J Clarke on the scoring side of things but we'll see this year how the other lads react  to Jamie being double marked in the rest of the league games and the championship which will leave a bit more space for the other forwards...Who's going to step up to the plate and take a bit more responsibility in the forward line?

Defensively we are conseeding a lot of scores but so are all the teams in the country due to this black card...we can improve a bit though which i expect when we get a few lads back fit in defense.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch