Tyrone v Mayo - 9th Feb in Omagh - Deferred coverage on TG4

Started by Fuzzman, February 03, 2014, 01:39:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phpearse

The best of the McKenna lads was playing for St Pat's Armagh today, scoring 1-7. I hear he is heading to Australia whenever the Tyrone minor season finishes. A few Aussie Rules teams were after him. He is some talent.

Club Rossa

Fear ón Srath Bán

Plenty of running from the number 10 upwards, would be fairly hopeful! ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

maigheo

Quote from: Club Rossa on February 06, 2014, 09:15:04 PM
Did Shane McHale play against us in the 08 minor final?
Mchale played rhb on 08 final tho I think he started off the campaign as a half forward

omagh_gael

Was he the lad who scored a couple of great points with the outside of his boot in the 08 final replay?

Crete Boom

Quote from: omagh_gael on February 06, 2014, 11:38:07 PM
Was he the lad who scored a couple of great points with the outside of his boot in the 08 final replay?

I think that was the other wing back and captain Shane Nally who got the point with the outside of his boot.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: BennyHarp on February 05, 2014, 08:45:19 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on February 05, 2014, 06:59:44 PM
Tyrone flying it at the moment. Mayo away from home. Tyrone with the extra few hours rest. If Mayo manage to win, it'll be a surprise.

Tyrone have no chance - this is a Mayo team full of a All Stars who were proclaimed as the saviours of football only a few short months ago. (Remember the hammerings they gave London and Leitrim?). Tyrone are full of kids who are learning their trade and if they can pick up just one or two tips from the Mayo lads during this hammering then I'll be happy.

You mean we hammered Galway, Roscommon, London, Donegal and Tyrone ;)
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on February 07, 2014, 02:01:46 AM
Tyrone flying it at the moment. Mayo away from home. Tyrone with the extra few hours rest. If Mayo manage to win, it'll be a surprise.

Tyrone have no chance - this is a Mayo team full of a All Stars who were proclaimed as the saviours of football only a few short months ago. (Remember the hammerings they gave London and Leitrim?). Tyrone are full of kids who are learning their trade and if they can pick up just one or two tips from the Mayo lads during this hammering then I'll be happy.

In fairness Mayo didn't hammer Tyrone and it took a dubious penalty to swing that game around.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Captain Obvious on February 07, 2014, 02:30:02 AM

In fairness Mayo didn't hammer Tyrone and it took a dubious penalty to swing that game around.

In all fairness 6 points is a hammering.

BennyHarp

Absolutely - you lads are deadly altogether, I'd say ye are unstoppable this year. 3 in a row?
That was never a square ball!!

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: BennyHarp on February 07, 2014, 06:07:28 AM

Absolutely - you lads are deadly altogether, I'd say ye are unstoppable this year. 3 in a row?

I sense some resentment.

God14

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on February 06, 2014, 11:15:48 PM
Plenty of running from the number 10 upwards, would be fairly hopeful! ;)

Im a bit underwhelmed by that selection Fear - not much height or physicality in the middle third of the field. Outside of Colm Cavanagh they are all mobile ball player type players and Ive reservations about our ability to win primary possession. Our 'modus operandus' will be for Colm & Grugan to break the ball for the half backs & half forwards to pick up the spills - but that clearly didn't work in Celtic Park last week.

Mikhailov

Quote from: tyroneman on February 06, 2014, 08:26:08 PM
Tyrone team announced.....

1 – Niall Morgan – Éadan na dTorc
2 – Aidan McCrory – Aireagal Chiaráin
3 – Conor Clarke – An Omaigh
4 – Barry Tierney – An Omaigh
5 – Ciaran McGinley – Aireagal Chiaráin
6 – Peter Harte – Aireagal Chiaráin
7 – Tiarnan McCann – Coill an Chlochair
8 – Colm Cavanagh – An Mhaigh
9 – Conan Grugan – An Omaigh
10 – Emmett McKenna – Eaglais
11 – Shea McGuigan – Ard Bó
12 – Peter Hughes – Eiscreach
13 – Darren McCurry – Éadán na dTorc
14 – Mattie Donnelly – Trí Leac
15 – Ronan O'Neill – An Omaigh
16 – Michael O'Neill – Cluain Eo
17 – Dermot Carlin – Coill an Chlochair
18 – Sean Cavanagh – An Mhaigh
19 – Kyle Coney – Ard Bó
20 – Mark Donnelly – An Charraig Mhór
21 – Connor McAlliskey – Cluain Eo
22 – Danny McBride – An Srath Ban
23 – Ryan McKenna – Eaglais
24 – Ronan McNabb – An Droim Mhór
25 – Ronan McNamee – Achadh Uí Aráin
26 – Patrick McNiece – Oileán a'Ghuail

Coney back .. Hope he gets some luck and stays injury free this year

Strange enough selection, some guys who were average last week still in and other lads who need a chance still out. Whilst appreciating that not everyone can play I have to ask - why is McAliskey not on the 15, admittedly only back from injury but has shown enough over the last 2 years to suggest that he can do it. I think MH should persist with him, McCurry and Ronie O Neill on the team and fill in the other places after that - these 3 are proven score getters and that is what we are lacking. In the new rules, the target has to be aggregate of 17+ per game so scorers are needed. the 3 of them need to get used to playing together and getting an awareness of each others style of play in terms of runs, passes etc.
Our HFL will need to be fit to work up and down due to the Mayo style of attacking half backs and these 3 can do it but it will be a tough ask especially for Petie Hughes as Lee Keegan is a top number 5.
Believe Niall McKenna has fell victim to the concussion rule as he didn't even feature for Queens in Sigerson, McNeice is on the bench, McNabb is on the bench, McBride on bench...so that is all the changes.
Hope for a good open game and Tyrone to win by a whisker - tough run coming up so a win is vital !!!

Redhand Santa

It's not a bad line up and he continues to experiment. The players in the half forward line in theory should all be good at picking up ball. McKenna is a midfielder at club level and needs to provide a bit of help. Hughes and McGuigan should both be capable of winning ball. It's not a reserve side but its definitely far from full strength. Like the team below not starting if fully fit would possibly beat the team named on Sunday:
M O'Neill
R McKenna
Justy McMahon
PJ Quinn
R McNabb
Joe McMahon
C Gormley
A Cassidy
D McBride
M Penrose
S Cavanagh
Mark Donnelly
K Coney
S O'Neill
C McAliskey

I'd still be hopeful enough of picking up the points with plenty of good options on the bench if we're in trouble.

Mikhailov

Quote from: Redhand Santa on February 07, 2014, 08:55:33 AM
It's not a bad line up and he continues to experiment. The players in the half forward line in theory should all be good at picking up ball. McKenna is a midfielder at club level and needs to provide a bit of help. Hughes and McGuigan should both be capable of winning ball. It's not a reserve side but its definitely far from full strength. Like the team below not starting if fully fit would possibly beat the team named on Sunday:
M O'Neill
R McKenna
Justy McMahon
PJ Quinn
R McNabb
Joe McMahon
C Gormley
A Cassidy
D McBride
M Penrose
S Cavanagh
Mark Donnelly
K Coney
S O'Neill
C McAliskey

I'd still be hopeful enough of picking up the points with plenty of good options on the bench if we're in trouble.

Very good - it shows how strong our panel is when 3 players that started against Derry cant even make your reserve 15 - namely Niall McKenna, Paddy McNeice and PJ Lavery. Shows great strength in depth.....