immigration hardly room to swing a cat

Started by lawnseed, January 08, 2014, 09:31:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Quote from: Sidney on January 10, 2014, 04:25:53 PM
Quote from: Kidder81 on January 10, 2014, 04:18:40 PM
Quote from: Sidney on January 10, 2014, 01:43:08 PM
Quote from: Kidder81 on January 10, 2014, 12:57:43 PM

Yeah I couldn't get my kid into the local primary school because a disadvantaged Toshiba TV took her place, your right it's the same thing.
Perhaps the parents made a poor impression on the principal?

That's not how it works, in six counties anyway. You apply for a place at a primary school and there is certain criteria, a parent/parents on the dole will get their child a place before a child of working parents as they are "disadvantaged".

It's a disgrace.
Why should your children get favourable treatment over children whose parent/s are unemployed?

He is saying precisely the opposite.

His own children are disadvantaged because he is a taxpayer.
MWWSI 2017

Rossfan

Yeah I couldn't get my kid into the local primary school because a disadvantaged Toshiba TV took her place, your right it's the same thing.

That's not how it works, in six counties anyway. You apply for a place at a primary school and there is certain criteria, a parent/parents on the dole will get their child a place before a child of working parents as they are "disadvantaged".

It's a disgrace.
So has your child got to stay at home then and go to no school??????
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Eamonnca1

I've been told that foreigners get priority in access to schools in the north. Like all anti-immigrant claims and urban legends I'll believe it when I see a credible source quoted.

Minder

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on January 10, 2014, 05:17:09 PM
I've been told that foreigners get priority in access to schools in the north. Like all anti-immigrant claims and urban legends I'll believe it when I see a credible source quoted.

Foreigners don't get priority but those in benefits do, that is fact. It's Department Of Education policy.

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

red hander

Quote from: Aristo 60 on January 08, 2014, 01:06:40 PM
Quote from: StGallsGAA on January 08, 2014, 10:54:57 AM
Britain raped the world's resources for 2 centuries and now the pigeons are coming home to roost.

+1

Was making the same argument to wans over Christmas

+2

They weren't whingeing about the Poles in their air force in 1940 when they were shooting down more Nazis over the White Cliffs than their own brave boys were

Hardy

Quote from: ziggysego on January 10, 2014, 02:09:12 PM
Charlie Brooker's Weekly Wipe has a great piece about immigration last night. Worth watching this piece and the segment by Doug Stanhope, which followed. Click here.

That's great stuff. Only problem is the morons it might educate won't have seen it as they'll have been watching "reality" TV.

Sidney

Quote from: muppet on January 10, 2014, 04:28:28 PM

It's a disgrace.

Interesting logic or putting it another way, that is one of the most stupid things I ever heard of. Who came up with that?

You should have all of your tax refunded, as you are clearly being disadvantaged by being a taxpayer. Not only do you suffer for having to pay for everyone else's children, but because you pay tax, your own children are denied an education. That can't be right?
His children are being denied an education? Whoah. Steady on there. Where has that been established? If his kid/s are in a school they aren't being denied an education. Maybe the school he wants them to go to doesn't have a place. When I was a child I wasn't accepted for a place at a couple of schools my parents wanted me to go to. It didn't mean I was being denied an education.

Every child in the six counties is entitled to a free school place.

thebigfella

Only for all the immigrants a large number of schools would be shut. How dare them come into the country and keep people in jobs.

muppet

Quote from: Sidney on January 10, 2014, 05:49:56 PM
Quote from: muppet on January 10, 2014, 04:28:28 PM

It's a disgrace.

Interesting logic or putting it another way, that is one of the most stupid things I ever heard of. Who came up with that?

You should have all of your tax refunded, as you are clearly being disadvantaged by being a taxpayer. Not only do you suffer for having to pay for everyone else's children, but because you pay tax, your own children are denied an education. That can't be right?
His children are being denied an education? Whoah. Steady on there. Where has that been established? If his kid/s are in a school they aren't being denied an education. Maybe the school he wants them to go to doesn't have a place. When I was a child I wasn't accepted for a place at a couple of schools my parents wanted me to go to. It didn't mean I was being denied an education.

Every child in the six counties is entitled to a free school place.

If what he said was correct, his child was denied a place in a school on the grounds of his being a taxpayer and the other child's parent not being taxpayer. Sometimes there are not enough places for all children, fair enough, but to discriminate on the grounds that his child's parents were actually paying their way in favour of a child whose parents didn't pay their way is completely idiotic.

Try this for size, if he got himself fired would his child then displace another child whose father or mother worked?
MWWSI 2017

Wildweasel74

chidlren with unemployed parents do get preference over those at work in the cases where schools are over subscribed, normally this ocurs at pre-school/playgroups, and nursery schools. This would be part of the guidance criteria from the dept of education and not down really to a school. To me this has always been wrong and everybody should be treated equally, the misguided thinking behind it ,was that's it gives time for the parents to go out searching for a job, (yes highly unlikley) the reality is its an unofficial baby care for facility giving the mother time to go off and do what she wants. I have hear of cases of parents looking to enrole children just over 2yrs of age, to get them out of their hair during the day.

Wildweasel74

Where i live i be surrounded by polish with 6 houses in the very near vicinty i find they keep to themselves, all the men work, and are quite nice and very little trouble out of them, i have no problem people coming over and adding to society, coming over and just signing on the dole is another matter,

muppet

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on January 10, 2014, 08:52:17 PM
Where i live i be surrounded by polish with 6 houses in the very near vicinty i find they keep to themselves, all the men work, and are quite nice and very little trouble out of them, i have no problem people coming over and adding to society, coming over and just signing on the dole is another matter,

I have a mate who is a landlord, he swears by Eastern European tenants, particularly the Polish. They won't trash the place unlike a minority of our own.
MWWSI 2017

muppet

Quote from: hardstation on January 10, 2014, 09:19:00 PM
A number of years ago there were 3 Polish lads who worked in our place. Young lads about 23 or 24. People in our work took umbrage to them, labelling them "greedy b**tards" etc. Reason? They worked 8-5 in our place and then headed to Tesco to do a 6-11 shift. Greedy b**tards indeed.  ::)

The strange thing is the Irish have no problem (mostly) working hard abroad.
MWWSI 2017

lawnseed

I used to get the out of date stuff out of a supermarket. All you had to do was give the storeman a couple of quid and he'd let you rumage through the skip plenty of good stuff maybe just out of date or maybe still in date good ham and ready made meals. Foreigners fukd it up they wouldnt give the lad any money and started a fight. The manager put a lock on the skip nobody gets anything now. thanks gustav  :(
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

Hardy

Coming over here ruining our scavenging.