Galway GAA 4 million Euro in the red!!

Started by Walter Cronc, December 16, 2013, 08:36:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyronefan

This is class. It doesn't matter that we are screwed as long as the neighbours are in worst shape.

larryin89

Quote from: Captain Obvious on December 16, 2013, 10:12:14 PM
Quote from: larryin89 on December 16, 2013, 07:42:04 PM
Galway debt is frightening because they have no option to sell off an asset that is the difference. At least they can aim  for a big day out at the Mecca of Connacht football this year in July.if only to sit there with fly catcher mouths in admiration of the green and red machine.

Isn't most of Galways debt from their assets just like Mayo and if results were swapped between the two counties would that mean Mayo would have to sell their assets?

Erm ok but not sure how we can go about this swapping results malarkey.

Mayo are all cull a bulla , plenty of cash been thrown at Mayo and more to come, win the all Ireland and we will be the man city/ Real Madrid/ Chelsea all rolled into one of the gaa world .

Instead of worrying about a non existent problem Mayo have , maybe the aul Rossies and fancy dans should concentrate on the fact Mayo could steam roll Connacht with our " b" team.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Denn Forever

Quote from: T Fearon on December 16, 2013, 11:33:51 PM
Is there any County not in debt? Scandalous situation with the GAA recording recording breaking crowds and income from ticket sales.Far too many employed staff in this "amateur" organisation.

Not Cavan but it may be creative accounting.  It's for all County teams as well.

Cavan splashed out €503,351 on their county footballers this year.

Delegates at tonight's annual convention in the Kilmore Hotel will hear how expenditure on county teams is up nearly €13,000 from €490,370 in 2012 to €503,351 this year. The rise can be attributed to the Breffni County's extended championship run which saw them qualify for the All-Ireland SFC quarter-finals for the first time.

Despite the bigger outlay in team expenses, the board still posted a profit of €20,686, down from €38,158 last year.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Syferus

Quote from: rosnarun on December 17, 2013, 12:10:34 PM
more like far too many stadiums built to massage the ego of county boards trying to leave a legacy.
I all the western counties just realized that Castle bar was the most appropriate Ground and paid their fair share into that instead of trying to build they're own half Stadiums. we could build on proper one.
And i think they Mayo debt is €13 million Euro?

on a  sidenote surely the comment from the treasuer at the convention should raise More alarm Bells that cost a stand
Quotehe confirmed there were 'no payments' made in grants and subscriptions to Cumann na mBunscol, Mayo Colleges, Mayo Vocational Schools, Mayo Colleges, the promotion of Irish or Mayo Scór in the last year. This prompted a question from post-primary representative John Horan, who asked: "If clubs are levied [for schools], surely that should be passed on?"

Pearse is a better designed stadium and Castlebar is a terrible location for an All-Connacht ground. Good insight into why Mayo built such a huge white elephant, though!

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Syferus on December 17, 2013, 03:05:08 PM
more like far too many stadiums built to massage the ego of county boards trying to leave a legacy.
I all the western counties just realized that Castle bar was the most appropriate Ground and paid their fair share into that instead of trying to build they're own half Stadiums. we could build on proper one.

on a  sidenote surely the comment from the treasuer at the convention should raise More alarm Bells that cost a stand
Quotehe confirmed there were 'no payments' made in grants and subscriptions to Cumann na mBunscol, Mayo Colleges, Mayo Vocational Schools, Mayo Colleges, the promotion of Irish or Mayo Scór in the last year. This prompted a question from post-primary representative John Horan, who asked: "If clubs are levied [for schools], surely that should be passed on?"

Pearse is a better designed stadium and Castlebar is a terrible location for an All-Connacht ground. Good insight into why Mayo built such a huge white elephant, though!

McHale Park is a great location for the County which needs to play the most semis and finals in Connacht, ie Mayo. How is Pearse the wind tunnel better than the true home of Gaelic Games in Connacht.

I agree, it is really unfair that other Connacht counties do not help pay for Connacht's only stadium to be among Europe's 100 grandest (number 87) and Ireland's second biggest All-Seater. A burden borne by Mayo and the great Castlebar Mitchels before that. On that note it is great to see such a visionary aristocratic club like Castlebar Mitchels back in the big time, the Club that built most of McHale Park.

Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Lar Naparka

Pearse, aka The Wind Tunnel, is a nightmare to get in and out of. Unless one's coming from the Carna direction, it's a case of bumper to bumper traffic for the last five miles or so. On a good summer Sunday, you can double that figure.
By comparison, McHale is a ten minute walk from the railway station, unlike Galway where Ceannt Station is on the other side of the city.
If you go McHJale by road, you are spoiled for choice. The N5, N60 or the N84 will all bring you to one end or the other of McHale Road. Now, you lot got the chance to have Hyde Park developed as the Connacht Final venue and need I remind you of how your CB frigged that up? ;D
No matter which way you look at it, it's got to be McHale for Connacht Finals from here on.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Rossfan

Quote from: Lar Naparka on December 17, 2013, 07:12:30 PM
No matter which way you look at it, it's got to be McHale for Connacht Finals from here on.
Mr. Prenty - we know that's been your aim for the last few years ;)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

Pearse, aka The Wind Tunnel, is a nightmare to get in and out of. Unless one's coming from the Carna direction, it's a case of bumper to bumper traffic for the last five miles or so. On a good summer Sunday, you can double that figure.
By comparison, McHale is a ten minute walk from the railway station, unlike Galway where Ceannt Station is on the other side of the city.
If you go McHJale by road, you are spoiled for choice. The N5, N60 or the N84 will all bring you to one end or the other of McHale Road. Now, you lot got the chance to have Hyde Park developed as the Connacht Final venue and need I remind you of how your CB frigged that up? ;D

Roscommon will choose Pearse every damn time we meet Mayo in the final until the Hyde is revamped.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Syferus on December 17, 2013, 08:15:35 PM

Roscommon will choose Pearse every damn time we meet Mayo in the final until the Hyde is revamped.

The Hyde has the same future as Tuam Stadium. It might get Roscommon club matches.

You need to live in the real world, McHale Park really has to be used in the same way as Croke Park is in Leinster.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on December 17, 2013, 08:29:46 PM

The Hyde has the same future as Tuam Stadium. It might get Roscommon club matches.

You need to live in the real world, McHale Park really has to be used in the same way as Croke Park is in Leinster.

McHale Park is no Croke Park and it certainly won't be used like one.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on December 17, 2013, 08:36:07 PM

Fine big pitch for you lads to play your hurling in Castlebar  ;)
It's not like ye play your hurling in your own province, I shouldn't see a problem with Galway playing their home games in another county  ;D

Lar Naparka

Wha'?
Talk about being farsighted!
At the rate ye are going about doing up that dump, it'll be about the middle of the next millennium  before the place is fit to stage a draughts match, let alone a Connacht final.  ;D ;D
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

weareros

Mayo ye are acting like nouveau riche because ye have some sates now at McHale bought on credit.  A real Gaa supporter would never turn his nose up at having to stand in a terrace or sit his arse on a cold concrete slab. Some great games were viewed by men standing on muddy embankments on wet winter days. They never complained. They were a better breed of man too and many were your county men back in the day.

muppet

He is a green & red version of Syf and Rossfan.

I wouldn't pay much heed.
MWWSI 2017

Syferus

Quote from: muppet on December 18, 2013, 09:16:40 AM

He is a green & red version of Syf and Rossfan.

I wouldn't pay much heed.

Says the fella with a Sesame Street character dancing in his avatar.