Galway GAA 4 million Euro in the red!!

Started by Walter Cronc, December 16, 2013, 08:36:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Quote from: Tubberman on December 16, 2013, 06:48:40 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on December 16, 2013, 06:42:34 PM
Aren't Mayowestros about €10 in debt?

That's great news. They got rid of that debt on the stand quicker than I thought.
f**k it, seeing as it's Christmas, I'll pay off the remaining tenner for them.
We're back in the black!
:-[ modified to add the missing millions  ;D. Hope that wasn't any of ye're cash that was found in Limerick th'other day.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

Quote from: larryin89 on December 16, 2013, 07:17:32 PM
But if your debt is manageable , ie paying off your bank loans every year whilst still recording a surplus ,surely that's a healthy state to be in.

I'm honestly lost here about this " Mayo are in trouble " stuff .

http://clubfiftyone.files.wordpress.com/2013/12/mayo-gaa-accounts-2013.xls

Are you really, really, really using accounts off the back of two runs to the AI final, as well as a NFL final and one NFL semi, as the baseline for Mayo's ability to service its debt?

You're in for a hard landing, Larryin.

larryin89

Quote from: Syferus on December 16, 2013, 07:24:17 PM
But if your debt is manageable , ie paying off your bank loans every year whilst still recording a surplus ,surely that's a healthy state to be in.

Are you really, really, really using accounts off the back of two runs to the AI final, as well as a NFL final and one NFL semi, as the baseline for Mayo's ability to service its debt?

Well me aul comrade, it is going to make for a lot better reading when we land a couple of all Ireland wins over the next couple of seasons. 

Joking aside though , Mayo are going nowhere , it is amazing how a county who have lost two finals on the trot and the air of anticipation for 2014 is better than ever . Castlebar to get the show on the road with a win over crokes followed by a big win in 21 Champo v the Rossie and we will be all set to roll up the sleeves for the big one .

Galway debt is frightening because they have no option to sell off an asset that is the difference. At least they can aim  for a big day out at the Mecca of Connacht football this year in July.if only to sit there with fly catcher mouths in admiration of the green and red machine.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

sans pessimism

Thank God we don't have to worry about our debt....the Sheepstealers on here are doin enough
for everyone!!.Mind you they probably can't afford a dozer to raze that eyesore on the Athlone rd
to the ground.
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

Walter Cronc

Are Tyrone not 2 million in debt after building Garvaghey??

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

It is ok, we are not Roscommon, getting to Senior All-Ireland and National Football League Finals are all in a days work for the glorious green and red.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: larryin89 on December 16, 2013, 07:42:04 PM

Well me aul comrade, it is going to make for a lot better reading when we land a couple of all Ireland wins over the next couple of seasons. 

Joking aside though , Mayo are going nowhere , it is amazing how a county who have lost two finals on the trot and the air of anticipation for 2014 is better than ever . Castlebar to get the show on the road with a win over crokes followed by a big win in 21 Champo v the Rossie and we will be all set to roll up the sleeves for the big one .

Galway debt is frightening because they have no option to sell off an asset that is the difference. At least they can aim  for a big day out at the Mecca of Connacht football this year in July.if only to sit there with fly catcher mouths in admiration of the green and red machine.

Mayo football is great isn't it  8)
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

seafoid

They should sell Pearse stadium to Kildare for 10m and go back to Tuam and Ballinasloe for the intercounty matches.

Wildweasel74

If Kildare, Mayo and Galway are in such dire straits money wise, should they not be trying their best to reduce this even if it means no outside manager, reduced senior team cost for fball and hurling, no more crazy  spending / centres of excellence. In derry we were complaining we were about 26/27th in Ireland on the spending costs for the senior team 2 yrs ago but is that not better than ending up a county bail out. Do county boards learn nothing from the way banks behaved instead of trying to follow their crazy behaviour.Only Dublin and to a extent  Cork has the capability of producing a turn over to run senior teams at a professional standard

Tubberman

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on December 16, 2013, 09:16:04 PM
If Kildare, Mayo and Galway are in suck dire straits money wise, should they not be trying their best to reduce this even if it means no outside manager, reduced senior team cost for fball and hurling, no more crazy  spending / centres of excellence. In derry we were complaining we were about 26/27th in Ireland on the spending costs for the senior team 2 yrs ago but is that not better than ending up a county bail out. Do county boards learn nothing from the way banks behaved instead of trying to follow their crazy behaviour.Only Dublin and to a extent  Cork has the capability of producing a turn over to run senior teams at a professional standard

Mayo CB have taken in (marginally) more than they've spent in the last couple of years.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

armaghniac

QuoteIn derry we were complaining we were about 26/27th in Ireland on the spending costs for the senior team 2 yrs ago but is that not better than ending up a county bail out.

If every Derry man attending chipped in a fiver, you'd reach a three figure sum in no time.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Captain Obvious

Isn't most of Galways debt from their assets just like Mayo and if results were swapped between the two counties would that mean Mayo would have to sell their assets?

T Fearon

Is there any County not in debt? Scandalous situation with the GAA recording recording breaking crowds and income from ticket sales.Far too many employed staff in this "amateur" organisation.

rosnarun

more like far too many stadiums built to massage the ego of county boards trying to leave a legacy.
I all the western counties just realized that Castle bar was the most appropriate Ground and paid their fair share into that instead of trying to build they're own half Stadiums. we could build on proper one.
And i think they Mayo debt is €13 million Euro?

on a  sidenote surely the comment from the treasuer at the convention should raise More alarm Bells that cost a stand
Quotehe confirmed there were 'no payments' made in grants and subscriptions to Cumann na mBunscol, Mayo Colleges, Mayo Vocational Schools, Mayo Colleges, the promotion of Irish or Mayo Scór in the last year. This prompted a question from post-primary representative John Horan, who asked: "If clubs are levied [for schools], surely that should be passed on?"

If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Rossfan on December 16, 2013, 07:20:47 PM
Quote from: Tubberman on December 16, 2013, 06:48:40 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on December 16, 2013, 06:42:34 PM
Aren't Mayowestros about €10 in debt?

That's great news. They got rid of that debt on the stand quicker than I thought.
f**k it, seeing as it's Christmas, I'll pay off the remaining tenner for them.
We're back in the black!
:-[ modified to add the missing millions  ;D. Hope that wasn't any of ye're cash that was found in Limerick th'other day.
Ah now, howld on, me oul' buddy; people in glasshouses shouldn't throw stones. ;D
It's not that long ago since yer own county board was arse deep in the doo doo for their creative accounting policies.
Going by the state of Hyde Park, they're still not back on the straight and narrow path of financial rectitude either. Surely to God, those of ye that talk the talk should walk the walk and chip in a few euro to smarten that sheep pen up a bit?
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi