Christmas Parties

Started by southdown, December 06, 2013, 12:29:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

southdown

I have my Xmas party tonight.  I have the usual worry, that I will get completely shi1t faced and make an eejit of myself.

We are a going wine tasting in some wine shop at 6.30 before a meal at 8.  This worries me!

Has anyone any good stories/antics/shenannigans they can share for a laugh?

T Fearon

Yes, the Man Utd squad a few years ago

Bingo

Ours on the 20th, feed in a restaurant and a few drinks after it. Long past the shenanigans of a few years ago  when based in Dublin (3 parties a year that was, one with a free bar).

Hereiam

Ours is on the 23rd so it will be a bite to eat and home. Since becoming a dad I just couldn't be bothered with the hangover the next day plus it is Christmas eve so I would rather have a clear head.

Jeepers Creepers

Can remember when Stella was first available in Belfast on draft, decided this would be my tipple of choice for the oul christmas. All my mates who had lived in England raved about stella on draft. If you remember the fim the hangover when they had no recollection of the evening until they got the photos developed. They stole that idea from me. Monday morning saw the redner of all redners!!!

Shamrock Shore

1. Get management to fine anyone who whips out the camera/camera phone
2. Don't get shitfaced.

Walter Cronc

Without being a killjoy my advice for any Christmas party is stick to the bottles. From my experience pints leave you smashed whereas you can kinda control yourself on the bottles.

Cold tea

I believe bigfella has hired the whole of the Europa for his company's staff outing.

southdown

A friend of mine smacked his boss a few years ago at his, I have no idea how he wasn't sacked!

CD

Missing mine for the 3rd consecutive year. Have a family Christmas party the following day involving 10 youngsters under 8 and a 150 mile round trip. Always enjoyed the night but it was always messy and it takes til Christmas day to recover. I don't drink or smoke but always manage to end up drunk and stinking off cigars that night!!
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

Cold tea

I can understand you end up stinking of cigars if you don't smoke, how the hell do you end up drunk if you don't drink?

magpie seanie

Ours in on next Friday....Friday the 13th!!!!! Apt in many ways.

On top of the worries mentioned by the original poster I have my kids creche Christmas play on at 11.30am the next morning. Am usually ok if I have a big meal but one year we had a few pints beforehand. No problems there, landed into the restaurant in good form. all sat at table, order went in and wine came out. Wine got drank, more wine ordered. No food yet. I'd love to tell ye the rest but bar one or two moments it escpaes me! Monday morning was not fun....until I realised most people didn't remember anything either. Still don't know why it took so long for the food to come out (I'm informed it did) but yeah - that wasn't a good one.

laoislad

I get to go home with the bosses wife every year.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Bingo

Quote from: laoislad on December 06, 2013, 02:09:52 PM

Would ya not just have it at home?

Bensars

Quote from: Bingo on December 06, 2013, 02:59:58 PM
Quote from: laoislad on December 06, 2013, 02:09:52 PM

Would ya not just have it at home?

Front of transit, Mc Donalds drive through, and he gets the free wifi for his Ipad.