Christmas Parties

Started by southdown, December 06, 2013, 12:29:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CD

Quote from: Cold tea on December 06, 2013, 02:00:09 PM
I can understand you end up stinking of cigars if you don't smoke, how the hell do you end up drunk if you don't drink?

The shackles come off for that one night a year  - always allow myself to have a few pints, a couple of glasses of wine with dinner and a wee brandy or two to round off the evening/early morning- been 3 years since now however! Usually buy a wee cigar or two as well - I'm a reformed smoker who still craves them - if I drank regularly, I would smoke regularly.
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

5 Sams

Have to agree with Seanie...avoid the wine at all costs. Far too easy to drink and it leaves you in an awful mess...pints all the way with maybe a wee Jameson or two at the end of the night ;)
The Aristocrat Years

illdecide

Quote from: laoislad on December 06, 2013, 02:09:52 PM
I get to go home with the bosses wife every year.

I get to go home with her too on a regular basis ;D

Don't like Christmas parties and very rarely go to them as i hate people coming up to you next time in work telling the stuff you done or said...so f**k and also people who'd hardly look at you all year and they get a few drinks in them and they think they're your best mates...no your not F**k off
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

laoislad

Quote from: Bingo on December 06, 2013, 02:59:58 PM
Quote from: laoislad on December 06, 2013, 02:09:52 PM
I get to go home with the bosses wife every year.

Would ya not just have it at home?
Probably will have to this year now that she's cooking a bun.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

AZOffaly

Cold tea

Quote from: CD on December 06, 2013, 03:15:36 PM
Quote from: Cold tea on December 06, 2013, 02:00:09 PM
I can understand you end up stinking of cigars if you don't smoke, how the hell do you end up drunk if you don't drink?

The shackles come off for that one night a year  - always allow myself to have a few pints, a couple of glasses of wine with dinner and a wee brandy or two to round off the evening/early morning- been 3 years since now however! Usually buy a wee cigar or two as well - I'm a reformed smoker who still craves them - if I drank regularly, I would smoke regularly.

You sound like Nan from the Royal Family, you don't drink except for few pints, oh and a few glasses of wine with my dinner, oh and a wee brandy at Christmas, and champagne at weddings and christening, a wee sherry at funerals ........... :D

ONeill

Had mine last night. First time in a niteclub since the 90s probably. Sorta looked out of place in a Gaelic Life bomber jacket and monkey hat.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

illdecide

Yes ONeill I would say so...lol were u wearing white socks too?
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

ONeill

People seem to be younger at these dances.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ballela-angel

With the Holidays upon us, I would like to share a personal experience with my friends about drinking and driving - As you may know, some of us have been known to have brushes with the authorities from time to time on the way home after a "social session" out with friends.  - Well, two days ago I was out with friends and had several beers, followed by a double tequila shooter - Feeling jolly, I still had the sense to know that I may be slightly over the limit. - That's when I did something that I've never done before - I took a cab home - Sure enough, on the way home there was a police road block, but since it was a cab they waved it past -I arrived home safely without incident - This was a real surprise, as I had never driven a cab before -I don't know where I got it, and now that it's in my garage, I don't know what to do with it!
That awkward moment - Not sure if you do have free time or if you're just forgetting everything!

Tony Baloney

Quote from: ballela-angel on December 07, 2013, 10:13:13 PM
With the Holidays upon us, I would like to share a personal experience with my friends about drinking and driving - As you may know, some of us have been known to have brushes with the authorities from time to time on the way home after a "social session" out with friends.  - Well, two days ago I was out with friends and had several beers, followed by a double tequila shooter - Feeling jolly, I still had the sense to know that I may be slightly over the limit. - That's when I did something that I've never done before - I took a cab home - Sure enough, on the way home there was a police road block, but since it was a cab they waved it past -I arrived home safely without incident - This was a real surprise, as I had never driven a cab before -I don't know where I got it, and now that it's in my garage, I don't know what to do with it!
:D I am sure that isn't a true story!

ballela-angel

Sorry I forgot to put a big smiley after it ;D
That awkward moment - Not sure if you do have free time or if you're just forgetting everything!

johnneycool

Quote from: Tony Baloney on December 07, 2013, 10:29:17 PM
Quote from: ballela-angel on December 07, 2013, 10:13:13 PM
:D I am sure that isn't a true story!

Tony,
   Ballela people are a law unto themselves, nothing would surprise me when it comes them.

Are you a McCusker by any chance??  ;D

ballela-angel

No - A different DNA chain

lfdown2

Quote from: ballela-angel on December 09, 2013, 11:33:40 PM

No - A different DNA chain

Not many of them in Ballela!  ;D