working for the LeQuint Dickey mining company?

Started by lawnseed, December 05, 2013, 10:03:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lawnseed

do you work for these crowd? they don't cut you balls off they work them off... are you stuck in a job you hate, that's bad for your health and you cant move cause there nothing about?? times ticking away.. your kicking the arse of fifty, you get tired easily maybe need a wee nap during the day? ol 'lequint dickey' just keeps pushing and pushin.. and the wages are shite! you shop in dunnes for clothes.. whens the last time you wore your best suit? a wedding or a funeral? the mortgage statement sends you into depression you'd go on the drink but you cant afford it. worst of all and I mean worst of all YOUR NO CRAIC ANYMORE you cant be bothered to ring your mates.. and theyre no craic either!!

how do you escape? is this all there is to life? making lequint dickey rich?
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

lawnseed

Two more years working yourself into the grave.. Thanks dandy dave >:(

Ps im refering to the raising of the pension age to 68 for anyone now in their 40s or younger  ::)

Gabriel_Hurl

lawnseed

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on December 06, 2013, 02:41:49 PM
you should lay off the drink fella
What kinda work do you think you'll be fit for gabby when your 68 years old

Gabriel_Hurl

A starter or a marshall on a golf course would be fine by me

lawnseed

D
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on December 06, 2013, 03:36:45 PM
A starter or a marshall on a golf course would be fine by me
Well lucky you. Unfortunatly where I live were fresh outa golf coarses infact were fresh outa work for anybody. So when  the asshole I work for decides im not fit enough or im too old what do you think I should do for 10 or more years while im waiting on my pension to begin... Thats if I live that long

Dont say join the stoops id still be too young for them

illdecide

He has a point lads...ffs i'm 40 now and by the time i'm the retiring age it'll be 70 before i'll get the pension and sure i'll probably draw my first pension and die the following week...fit for the skip...its alright for these feckers in Government they'll not be worrying about it with their pensions...feckers will retire when they're 55 on about £100,000 a year
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

lawnseed

Quote from: illdecide on December 06, 2013, 04:03:55 PM
He has a point lads...ffs i'm 40 now and by the time i'm the retiring age it'll be 70 before i'll get the pension and sure i'll probably draw my first pension and die the following week...fit for the skip...its alright for these feckers in Government they'll not be worrying about it with their pensions...feckers will retire when they're 55 on about £100,000 a year
I'll bet you already like an afternoon nap..
Your not even half way through your working life!

illdecide

Believe it or not Lawnseed but at lunchtime today i had this conversation about people who take a nap in the afternoons or evenings and i said i'm working now full time for 24 years and i can't ever remember taking a nap in the evening after work...ever. I could sit to 1:00 - 2:00am no bother any night and never nod off but trying to get up for the work the next morning is tough but the cycle happens almost every night...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

The Iceman

Please read this as friendly :)
What about not depending on the government for an income when you retire? What about making sound investments and choices and sacrifices now (at 40 you said you were) for the next X amount of years so that you only use your Government provided pension as a wee bonus, extra money? And your real pension is one you provide?
Loads of people have bought and rented out extra houses and will be sitting high and dry come retirement time (they hope) collecting rent on paid for houses.... It's a risk worth taking.
What about starting a side business? Making and selling something? This Christmas me and my brother in law are making and selling 4ft garden nativity sets - pays for Christmas for both families.
If you take a look at your money coming in - you always get by on what you have, so if you were earning 10% less you would still get by? So take 10% out of your paycheck every time, direct debit it out immediately into a lifecycle index fund and let it build up for the next 20 years....

Small changes and sacrifices now will go a long way by the time you're 65 or 68. Don't count or hope on winning the lotto...
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

lawnseed

Quote from: The Iceman on December 06, 2013, 04:17:42 PM
Please read this as friendly :)
What about not depending on the government for an income when you retire? What about making sound investments and choices and sacrifices now (at 40 you said you were) for the next X amount of years so that you only use your Government provided pension as a wee bonus, extra money? And your real pension is one you provide?
Loads of people have bought and rented out extra houses and will be sitting high and dry come retirement time (they hope) collecting rent on paid for houses.... It's a risk worth taking.
What about starting a side business? Making and selling something? This Christmas me and my brother in law are making and selling 4ft garden nativity sets - pays for Christmas for both families.
If you take a look at your money coming in - you always get by on what you have, so if you were earning 10% less you would still get by? So take 10% out of your paycheck every time, direct debit it out immediately into a lifecycle index fund and let it build up for the next 20 years....

Small changes and sacrifices now will go a long way by the time you're 65 or 68. Don't count or hope on winning the lotto...
Already using that "10%" for food.. Suppose I could put it in the freezer for the future..
Failing that theres always time travel I could go back a change the pension schemes that I started that went tits up and invest in different things..
Remind me why im paying tax now..

LeoMc

Quote from: lawnseed on December 06, 2013, 11:20:52 AM

Ps im refering to the raising of the pension age to 68 for anyone now in their 40s or younger  ::)

Thank fvuk, I thought you had finally let go of reality whilst watching a box set of Tarantino movies. I was a tiny bit scared.

lawnseed

Quote from: LeoMc on December 06, 2013, 11:04:46 PM

Thank fvuk, I thought you had finally let go of reality whilst watching a box set of Tarantino movies. I was a tiny bit scared.
Lequint dickey had my balls years ago.. just coffin dodging here :D

LeoMc

Quote from: lawnseed on December 06, 2013, 11:50:30 PM
Quote from: LeoMc on December 06, 2013, 11:04:46 PM

Lequint dickey had my balls years ago.. just coffin dodging here :D

Is Dickey Osbourne or Clegg?

lawnseed

Emm.. Will raising the retirement age lead to more youth unemployment and greater inefficency? Oldies who should be getting on coach tours wearing cream coloured trousers and red jackets will be holding jobs that young people need..