Cardinal O'Fiaich Cup

Started by BennyCake, November 20, 2013, 06:13:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Itchy

I always use games played in early December as a good barometer of who will win Sam.

armaghniac

Quote from: Itchy on December 19, 2016, 09:00:48 PM
I always use games played in early December as a good barometer of who will win Sam.

Are you Paddy Power?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

Fuzzman

The senior players should write a letter to Roisin Jordan saying they have gained a lot of experience this year and think Mickey is not the man to lead them to a 6th McKenna cup final.

Kernan_is_King

Great to see the Armagh revival starting in the spirtual home of Armagh football, especially against the barbarians.
Big Joe - Big Future!

BennyCake

Quote from: Fuzzman on December 19, 2016, 10:01:59 PM
The senior players should write a letter to Roisin Jordan saying they have gained a lot of experience this year and think Mickey is not the man to lead them to a 6th McKenna cup final.

And maybe the new manager will lead them to the promised land next December in the O'Fiaich Cup. Unless there's been a curse put on them, in which case, he won't.

PW Nally

Fair play Armagh sew/sow it into the c***ts

Jinxy

Every young lad in Tyrone is brought up on stories of the Cardinal O'Fiaich Cup.
This will be a devastating blow to them.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Aaron Boone

Armagh reaping the benefits of sticking with a top manager.

twohands!!!

Quote from: stew on December 19, 2016, 12:40:48 PM

I for one am sick of Armagh men being given the line, it seems that if we are not stirring shite before the ball is thrown in we are going to finish a game with anywhere from 12-15 players on the field, this has to stop, it is pleasing however than even with two men down we handled Tyrone no bother.

Almost impossible to see this changing as long as McGeeney is still in charge.

tonto1888

Quote from: twohands!!! on December 20, 2016, 01:04:01 AM

I for one am sick of Armagh men being given the line, it seems that if we are not stirring shite before the ball is thrown in we are going to finish a game with anywhere from 12-15 players on the field, this has to stop, it is pleasing however than even with two men down we handled Tyrone no bother.

And why is that

ONeill

That was a gutting defeat. Unable to speak to the family for 48 hours now. Mickey and the squad have big questions to answer. They'll never beat Mayo playing like that.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

twohands!!!

Quote from: tonto1888 on December 20, 2016, 06:13:03 AM

And why is that

Because you hardly ever, if not never, see changes to the culture/tone/approach of a team unless there is a change of  management.

BennyCake

Personally, I'm fed up with Forker getting the line. He never seems to learn to not get involved in stupid situations. He's becoming a liability, for his club and county.

twohands!!!

Quote from: BennyCake on December 20, 2016, 10:05:13 AM

Personally, I'm fed up with Forker getting the line. He never seems to learn to not get involved in stupid situations. He's becoming a liability, for his club and county.

I would say Forker is just the tip of the iceberg - I'd imagine if you looked at stuff like the number of yellow/red/black cards picked up and scores conceded from frees over the last few years Armagh would be among the worst offenders. Instead of taking ownership of the issue, McGeeney has given the players a license to continue to behave as they have done by continuing to select the same players and blaming referees and even pundits in postmatch interviews.