Cardinal O'Fiaich Cup

Started by BennyCake, November 20, 2013, 06:13:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throw ball

Derry beat Armagh well in end tonight 4-16 to 2-13 I think. The Derry goals came in the last quarter. Both teams took some good scores. Derry looked very fit and strong.

T Fearon

Derry goals came in third and final quarter.Sheer physical power won it at the end,though it was hard to see any Derry win,much less a nine point win,when they trailed Armagh by three at the break

orangeman

Any black cards tonight or are players just minding their tackles now ?

our_fella

No black cards.. fear of being substituted definitely works!

Orior

Derry forwards seemed to tower over the Armagh backs.

Who was it that said we should introduce White Cards when a player fails to put in a tackle?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

our_fella

Derry (v Armagh): Thomas Mallon; Oisin Duffy, Chrissy McKaigue, Mickey McShane; Conor McAtamney, Mark Craig, Sean Leo McGoldrick; Fergal Doherty, Mark Lynch; Ciaran McFaul, James Kielt, Enda Lynn; Anthony O'Neill, Emmett McGuckin, Aaron Kerrigan.

Subs: Eoin McNicholl, Patsy Bradley, Carlus McWilliams, Aidan McAlynn, Peter Cassidy, Declan Brown, Ciaran Conway, Benny Heron, Charlie Kielt, Karl McKaigue, Declan Mullan, James Kearney, Dermot McBride, Cailean O'Boyle, Ciaran McGoldrick, Niall McFeely, Kevin Johnston.

Armagh (v Derry)

1 Paudi Rodgers - Lissummon
2 Paul Hughes - Crossmaglen
3 Gary McCooey - St Patricks
4 Michael Murray - St Patricks
5 Ciaran McKeever - St Patricks
6 Charlie Vernon - Armagh Harps
7 Rory Grugan - Ballymacnab
8 Aaron Findon - St Peters
9 Phelim O'Neill - St Pauls
10 Robbie Tasker - St Patricks
11 Stefan Campbell - Clan na Gael
12 Aiden Forker - Maghery
13 Kyle Carragher - Crossmaglen
14 Ethan Rafferty - Grange
15 Stefan Forker - Maghery

The game will be played in St. Oliver Plunkett Park, Crossmaglen at 1.30pm

muppet

Quote from: T Fearon on December 06, 2013, 12:16:17 PM
Pity the Messiah turned down a polite request for a short interview after the game all the same

He thought you were asking him out.
MWWSI 2017

sheamy

Tipperary have paid for his thoughts already.

our_fella

shawshank

Why?

Don't think armaghgaa.net are streaming the game live today?

our_fella

Not too sure why, just got an email from admin.. Dont think they have the facilities to stream it live from Cross.. it'll be on Armagh+Derrys twitter, with highlights up tonight.

our_fella

7-7 at ht.. Armagh played with a massive breeze 1st half.. Jamie Clarke missed a pen..

Ballinderry were winning 3-06 to 0-04.. its now 3-07 v 2-07

armaghniac

Derry win the O'Fiaich cup after extra time of 5 minutes each way played in semi-darkness, I think 2-15 to 2-14. Jamie scored his second half penalty. No black card for that incident, when there might have been, but Ethan Rafferty got the first black card soon afterwards for a soft enough foul and there was another in extra time for a more obvious rugby tackle. Loads of subs and changes on each team, so hard to draw obvious conclusions.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

shawshank

U may get used to a raft of subs being introduced, as due to the introduction of the black card you now have six subs that can be used, so expect lots of introductions the last 10 for fresh legs. Your going to have to brush up on your analysis skills my friend as this will be the norm if not used for black cards.

T Fearon

Not a bad game in miserable conditions at all.