Dubs and their yoga

Started by Orchardman, November 18, 2013, 11:51:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orchardman

http://www.independent.ie/lifestyle/health/what-was-the-secret-of-their-success-yoga-29758555.html

Nice article but I can't believe how it makes it sound like some new age thing, and that most of the dubs hadn't done yoga till this year. I've been doing it on and off for 6 years, havn't got into it as much as i'd like to as I think it's really good of you get the right teacher, but I know the Armagh team were doing it regular 3 years ago, and probably even before.

Sure it's 10 years now since ruud van nistelroy, keano and giggs started raving about the benefits of it ( middle of gigs career was hampered by hamstrings).

Anyone else here try it much?

under the bar

I have.  Always liked Yoplait and Spelga but this new stuff like Muller-Light is a bit too fancy-dan IMO! 

Jinxy

It seemed like an extended advert for NADA and this yoga person.
Sure I was doing yoga with the club 10 years ago.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Ciarrai_thuaidh

Started Bikram last year..seriously tough and definitely good for flexibility..gets a bit monotonous after a while though doing the same moves every time. Also, not easy trying to contain myself in a class with lots of birds looking like this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxAJ3T0aR8A#=0m19s
"Better to die on your feet,than live on your knees"...

magpie seanie

Quote from: Orchardman on November 18, 2013, 11:51:36 PM
http://www.independent.ie/lifestyle/health/what-was-the-secret-of-their-success-yoga-29758555.html

Nice article but I can't believe how it makes it sound like some new age thing, and that most of the dubs hadn't done yoga till this year. I've been doing it on and off for 6 years, havn't got into it as much as i'd like to as I think it's really good of you get the right teacher, but I know the Armagh team were doing it regular 3 years ago, and probably even before.

Sure it's 10 years now since ruud van nistelroy, keano and giggs started raving about the benefits of it ( middle of gigs career was hampered by hamstrings).

He kept changing his (sports)car every couple of moths which was a major part of the problem apparently.

johnneycool

Quote from: magpie seanie on November 19, 2013, 02:14:22 PM
Quote from: Orchardman on November 18, 2013, 11:51:36 PM

He kept changing his (sports)car every couple of moths which was a major part of the problem apparently.

He also suffered from the 'too much bed, not enough sleep' syndrome as we also found out later..

magpie seanie

Bingo

Much prefer Pilates myself.

Either of them though would take time to get it right and reep the benefits.

ballinaman

What was the secret of their success? Yoga
The Dubs had a secret weapon to help them win the All-Ireland final. Brendan Coffey discovers how yoga made them unbeatable

Ahra would ya g'way and shite Brendan Coffey whoever you are.

Bingo

Quote from: ballinaman on November 19, 2013, 02:40:43 PM
The Dubs had a secret weapon to help them win the All-Ireland final. Brendan Coffey discovers how yoga made them unbeatable

Can see hundreds of club managers adding Yoga to their preseason training plans as we speak.

ballinaman

Quote from: Bingo on November 19, 2013, 02:48:52 PM

Can see hundreds of club managers adding Yoga to their preseason training plans as we speak.
Aye, what's going to happen when every team does yoga?...every match will end in a draw if it makes a team unbeatable..

Bingo

Quote from: ballinaman on November 19, 2013, 02:55:40 PM

Aye, what's going to happen when every team does yoga?...every match will end in a draw if it makes a team unbeatable..

Likely be that teams will do 4/5 sessions of Yoga preseason and tick the box.

However if a team had Yoda, its very likely they would be unbeatable.

Jinxy

Some of them will probably add yoghurt by mistake.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Dont Matter

It's a joke. How does that stuff get in the paper? I've been sending articles about the real reasons behind Dublins success for years, not one of the papers have printed them. I wouldn't be surprised if the Dubs have all the journos on the payroll.
'You feel you have reasons to dislike the Dubs? Well here's 7 million more.'was an exceptional piece of writing.
'Dublin is not a national problem, it's a national opportunity.'
Peter Quinn

muppet

Quote from: Dont Matter on November 19, 2013, 06:00:14 PM

It's a joke. How does that stuff get in the paper? I've been sending articles about the real reasons behind Dublins success for years, not one of the papers have printed them. I wouldn't be surprised if the Dubs have all the journos on the payroll.
'You feel you have reasons to dislike the Dubs? Well here's 7 million more.'was an exceptional piece of writing.

You need to put more words in:

MWWSI 2017