The official "I hate sports X, Y and Z" thread

Started by Eamonnca1, November 06, 2013, 06:34:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farrandeelin

Not a fan of rugby myself. Or tennis, or Formula 1, or International Rules :P, or Cricket.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

gallsman

Rugby League, live golf - can only watch highlights, bowls, darts and most horsey sports.

Surprised by all the hated for tennis. Great sport.

CD

Tennis. I hate tennis. Spoilt, rich brats grunting at each other. I hate tennis.
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

Minder

Quote from: CD on November 06, 2013, 10:04:35 PM
Tennis. I hate tennis. Spoilt, rich brats grunting at each other. I hate tennis.

Like Serena & Venus Williams, from the affluent Compton ?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

BennyCake

Whats wrong with bowls? I don't mind a bit of bowls.

I like tennis, only really watch Wimbledon though. Prefer the women's game, and not for the obvious reason. Don't mind a bit of darts, and the snooker. World c'ship though. Avoid all other tournaments.

Windmill abu

QuoteRugby,Tennis, Horse Racing and Ulster Football.

Linfield or Cliftonville?
Never underestimate the power of complaining

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Orior on November 06, 2013, 08:56:34 PM
There isn't any sport that I hate.

Am I in a minority?
I'm with you. A lot of cricket hate on here but I really like it as the 2005 Ashes series was a beaut.

gallsman

I don't understand how anybody can dislike cricket but at the same time claim to enjoy darts. Do people actually enjoy watching ithers play darts or is it all about the atmosphere and the pints?

I'm not a huge fan of cricket but I don't actively dislike it and can appreciate the levels of skill involved. Try naming another sport where at any one time, an individual as to outwit and outplay 11 opponents.

Quote from: BennyCake on November 06, 2013, 10:19:29 PM
Whats wrong with bowls? I don't mind a bit of bowls.

Just used to hate bowls as it took up a disproportionate amount of time on Grandstand and I never enjoyed it. Definitely has a younger demographic than many people would think though.

Quote from: CD on November 06, 2013, 10:04:35 PM

Could swap that for any professional sport really!

Mayo4Sam

How can anyone dislike a sport that's brought us McEnroe, Becker, Federer, Agassi, Nadal and Djokovic?? It's an awesome sport.
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

theticklemister

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on November 06, 2013, 11:32:04 PM
How can anyone dislike a sport that's brought us McEnroe, Becker, Federer, Agassi, Nadal and Djokovic?? It's an awesome sport.

Tennis reminds me of Mayo. They are both only good in two weeks in June.

5 Sams

American sports are brilliant. They have been fly enough to design them to make sure there is plenty of excitement and scores to keep spectators entertained. Once you get into baseball it is absolutey addictive. Top class.

Soccer is shite and as for horse racing??? Whats the point unless you're a punter.
The Aristocrat Years

theticklemister

Quote from: 5 Sams on November 06, 2013, 11:47:48 PM
American sports are brilliant. They have been fly enough to design them to make sure there is plenty of excitement and scores to keep spectators entertained. Once you get into baseball it is absolutey addictive. Top class.

Soccer is shite and as for horse racing??? Whats the point unless you're a punter.

Ah come on........baseball?

trileacman

Yank sports are f**king terrible, have tried and failed to get into them numerous times.

There's a damn good reason sports is the only major part of the American culture not to dominate the world (song, dance, tv, film, literature)
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

5 Sams

Quote from: theticklemister on November 06, 2013, 11:48:57 PM
Quote from: 5 Sams on November 06, 2013, 11:47:48 PM

Ah come on........baseball?
I know what you're saying Tickle. Before I went to Canada in the early 90s I thought the same. "What a load of bollix". but I went to see the Blue Jays a few times. I got to understand what was going on and have been hooked ever since. A triple play is one of the most spectacular moments in any sport.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckQJ0V-MLCI
The Aristocrat Years

theskull1

American sports.....designed arse about face

Short plays to meet tv advertisers demands....cant take "entertainment" products like these seriously. Just vehicles to sell product dressed up as a sport. 
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera