Michael Murphy

Started by BennyCake, October 28, 2013, 09:29:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

I think your bet was subject to Murphy's law.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

theticklemister

I stand corrected in my prediction.

Je St.Galls must have fallen from grace. I knew they were making hard work of it in Antrim but I thought they would come good. The oul legs must be catching up on them

StephenC

Quote from: theticklemister on November 03, 2013, 07:04:16 PM

Je St.Galls must have fallen from grace. I knew they were making hard work of it in Antrim but I thought they would come good. The oul legs must be catching up on them

Aye, cause it sure as hell wasn't  the fact that Glenswilly are a good team now was it.

theticklemister

Quote from: StephenC on November 03, 2013, 07:27:33 PM

Aye, cause it sure as hell wasn't  the fact that Glenswilly are a good team now was it.

The Donegal championship has never done anything for me to back a Donegal representative success and this Glenswilly win will not change my mind. Although I fancy them against Roslea

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: theticklemister on November 03, 2013, 07:59:26 PM

The Donegal championship has never done anything for me to back a Donegal representative success and this Glenswilly win will not change my mind. Although I fancy them against Roslea

You would have to fancy them to make the final  and given the games that the teams on the other side of the draw will have endured don't be surprised if Glenswilly win it outright.

FermGael

Would not go ruling out Roslea.
Have one of the most talented footballers in ulster playing

Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

StephenC

All of that is fair and true - our club Ulster record is poor. But your post suggested that Glenswilly won because of a fall from grace by St Galls rather than acknowledging any possibility that they were simply the better team.

theticklemister

Quote from: StephenC on November 03, 2013, 09:30:19 PM

All of that is fair and true - our club Ulster record is poor. But your post suggested that Glenswilly won because of a fall from grace by St Galls rather than acknowledging any possibility that they were simply the better team.

For that I apologise, as that I really could not believe the price of the Galls!

haranguerer

Going by the Irish news st galls should have won at their leisure. I don't think I've ever saw a report be as adamant a ref got it wrong re the penalty either.

Looking forward to Glenswilly v Roslea, see if this Murphy lad is as good as quigley ;)

FermGael

Quote from: haranguerer on November 04, 2013, 09:23:14 AM
Going by the Irish news st galls should have won at their leisure. I don't think I've ever saw a report be as adamant a ref got it wrong re the penalty either.

Looking forward to Glenswilly v Roslea, see if this Murphy lad is as good as quigley ;)
Do not know if he is in the same class. 
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

Saffrongael

Same was said last year against Kilcoo, doesent matter how much of the ball you have if you don't have players that can take scores you won't win.
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Fuzzman

Were any of ye at the game yesterday?
How did MM play?

I can help but notice the number of games where he only gets 1 or 2 points from play.
Does he not shoot as much as he used to?

Ultán

Quote from: FermGael on November 04, 2013, 09:39:11 AM

Do not know if he is in the same class.

Seán is playing just as well as Shéamus at the moment. One of his points yesterday was sheer class.

screenexile

Quote from: Fuzzman on November 04, 2013, 11:49:41 AM
How did MM play?

I can help but notice the number of games where he only gets 1 or 2 points from play.

Probably being double/triple marked would have an effect on that!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: screenexile on November 04, 2013, 12:19:27 PM
Quote from: Fuzzman on November 04, 2013, 11:49:41 AM
How did MM play?

Probably being double/triple marked would have an effect on that!

He was marked by one player yesterday, he wasn't like this super player he hit a couple of aimless balls and lost possession a lot. He scored a great point and his 45 near the end was a monster kick
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea