Armagh's big news

Started by orangeman, October 08, 2013, 04:46:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rrhf

It would be very Disappointing to hear negative comments about arguably one of ulsters most influential centre half backs over the last 15 years. He deserves better that that, has had a few controversies surely but now he's throwing his weight around his home county having been around a bit to be fair.  I think he will win an all Ireland next Year. He Is a great man to have along the Line and is a future number 1. He's undoubtedly a thorough bred, so as they say in Tyrone good luck Horse!

lawnseed

any team with peter mc donnell 'involved' will do nothing but back pass the ball rugby style. the play will be slow with hundreds of fist passes in Armagh's own half by that time the opposition will be set up to handle any attack and Jamie will be double manned.. boring and low scoring that's what's ahead. mc donnell needs to go.
Armagh need to strengthen/organise their half back line and find 1 decent midfielder, attacks need to be fast up the wings and diagonal balls to the full forwards. Armagh sides of late have got involved in far too much passing across their own goals. from kickout to score attempt or dead ball should be no more than 5 passes.
maybe watch dvds of how andy McCann and keiran hughes tore up the side lines and delivered quality ball to the forwards but still leaving their defence largely intact and allowing the armagh half forwards to drift out taking their men out with them and leaving plenty of room for the forwards to work.
in the cavan game Armagh swamped the cavan defence and all they had to do was hold and wait until the attack broke down then counter attack quickly this would never have happened the two Brian's side.EITHER way there's a lot to work on but I just don't see a role for peter mc donnell
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

T Fearon

Well were you impressed by the big screen today? After my interview with Jarlath Burns he said I was a natural,not that I'm one to boast mind!