Armagh's big news

Started by orangeman, October 08, 2013, 04:46:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bennydorano

Quote from: Syferus on October 08, 2013, 09:35:46 PM
I can't decide if Grimley is ballsy or suicidal but I respect him as a man.
Yeah, Grimley has undoubtedly forsaken his ego for the greater longterm good. Great work all round. Still a few players required tho, a 6, 9 & 11 would help.

Orior

So who in PG's team will be the tactical genius that says don't send the team out for a half hour warm up in 30 degree heat?

Which one will be able to see what is and isn't work when Cavan get a head start?

I'd be happy with a McKenna final, promotion, Ulster Final and AI Quarter appearance.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

rrhf

Syferus

Quote from: Orior on October 08, 2013, 11:29:17 PM
So who in PG's team will be the tactical genius that says don't send the team out for a half hour warm up in 30 degree heat?

Which one will be able to see what is and isn't work when Cavan get a head start?

I'd be happy with a McKenna final, promotion, Ulster Final and AI Quarter appearance.

You say that like that's a reasonable request. You got turfed out of the championship by us in 2012 (and we weren't in a pretty state either) and a previously limp-wristed Galway side this year so that seems like a pretty high bar to be setting management. The worst thing Armagh could do is over-react if they don't catch fire this year. Problem with Geezer being there is if that doesn't happen the unwashed masses will be clamouring for him to take over.

Orior

Hey wait, howl on there bozo. Manys a time I have watched bcb and bennydorano take a shower... oh wait... hang on... delete delete delete
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

tonto1888

I said after Geezer lost his Kildare job that I could see this happening. I would expect him to be manager by 2015 or 2016 at the latest. However, as someone said, they can only work woth the players Armagh have got so Im noit expecting anything major in the next year or two

orangeman

Quote from: tonto1888 on October 09, 2013, 08:28:11 AM
I said after Geezer lost his Kildare job that I could see this happening. I would expect him to be manager by 2015 or 2016 at the latest. However, as someone said, they can only work woth the players Armagh have got so Im noit expecting anything major in the next year or two

What will KMCG do as manager that he wont be able to do as backroom member ?.

Surely he's not coming in to the set up just to fill water bottles ?.

bigpaul

What will KMCG do as manager that he wont be able to do as backroom member ?.
[/quote]

Make the final decision.

illdecide

Well my guess is he'll be coming in as manager (just not officially) and they'll use P Grimley's face still as the face on the firing range if the season back fires but McGeeney will call the shots (well that's my guess anyway)...Hey hang on a minute...now i know why the county board are looking to 2014 fee's now ;)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

naka

...Hey hang on a minute...now i know why the county board are looking to 2014 fee's now ;)
[/quote]
mc geeney will cost the county board nothing
Armagh county board have no dough( ask the referees)

nrico2006

He'll turn the talentless Armagh squad into a talentless robotic Armagh squad and get paid handsomely for it.  Kildare mark two.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Syferus

Quote from: nrico2006 on October 09, 2013, 04:27:19 PM
He'll turn the talentless Armagh squad into a talentless robotic Armagh squad and get paid handsomely for it.  Kildare mark two.

A Tyrone buckaroo talking about about robots is like the Terminator complaining about sat navs.

illdecide

yes that right nrico stick your hurl into some other thread...this is ours...let us fantasise away... ;)

all joke on the side people are getting carried away because KMcG is on board...we will improve I've no doubt but we're still gonna be well short next year. (need to unearth another 4-5 good players from somewhere)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Donnellys Hollow

If McGeeney has a big say in this Armagh set up, it will be interesting to see whether there is any conflict with the clubs over access to their county players or perhaps he will have learned from his time in Kildare.

I have no doubt his influence will help eek out every bit of commitment from the Armagh players. His tactical naievity cost him in some big games during his time in Kildare but I'm sure those mistakes will make him a better coach in the future.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Kernan_is_King

Geezer can have the Cross' players when Big Joe is finished with them.
Mind you given the players missing already, that might be sooner rather than later.
Big Joe - Big Future!