Ireland v Australia, Rules Test 1, Breffni Park, Saturday 19 October 2013

Started by BennyCake, October 02, 2013, 10:15:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: From the Bunker on October 26, 2013, 09:14:10 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on October 26, 2013, 09:10:16 PM
Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on October 26, 2013, 08:58:43 PM
The Aussies obviously had half a mind on heading to Coppers later tonight.

A half a mind?  Some of them still had their heads on it from last night by the look of things!!  What's the bets there will be a glut of half breeds born next summer?

>:(

What's wrong with you?

JPGJOHNNYG

Im abroad so zero TV coverage but it certainly looks pretty one sided from the reports. I still like the idea of the combined rules although they need to change things around to make it more interesting/competitive. What I dont get is why the AFL dont select a better team seeing as they seem more keen on the series than the GAA. I said it before and Ill say it again one test should be with the oval ball. By the way how did the the hurling/shinty game go? I also believe the new hybrid game Iomain was show cased - how was it?

BennyCake

A half a mind?  Some of them still had their heads on it from last night by the look of things!!  What's the bets there will be a glut of half breeds born next summer?

...and the Aussie lads doing an awful lot of scratching on the flight home  ;D

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: BennyCake on October 26, 2013, 09:18:38 PM

...and the Aussie lads doing an awful lot of scratching on the flight home  ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3fP18gIoAY

Tubberman

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on October 26, 2013, 09:17:02 PM
Im abroad so zero TV coverage but it certainly looks pretty one sided from the reports. I still like the idea of the combined rules although they need to change things around to make it more interesting/competitive. What I dont get is why the AFL dont select a better team seeing as they seem more keen on the series than the GAA. I said it before and Ill say it again one test should be with the oval ball. By the way how did the the hurling/shinty game go? I also believe the new hybrid game Iomain was show cased - how was it?

How can you take a sport seriously that changes the shape of the ball from one game to the next? The Aussies were beating us with the round ball when they sent a good team over. The reason they got hammered this year is because they sent a shite panel over and they have no interest in it.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Jinxy

We could try playing a 3rd of the game with an american football and the remaining 3/4 with tennis rackets and a frisbee.
There has to be some nonsensical combination that will work.
There's a trip to Australia at stake here lads.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Jinxy on October 26, 2013, 09:34:53 PM
We could try playing a 3rd of the game with an american football and the remaining 3/4 with tennis rackets and a frisbee.

You're so negative. Think of all the positives from this series.

The Irish players got a rare Aussie Jersey they can show off at training.
The Irish Daily Mail got exposure from this series.
The people who went to the game got a Irish Daily Mail flag.
The Aussies got a Holiday and probably pissed a few times.
The GAA got a few Euro.
Some Mayo Lads got to lift a trophy in Croker!
The Irish Referees will go back to refereeing GAA thinking this is easy (but we all know they are sh1te).
Coppers will get a crowd tonight.

orangeman

Quote from: From the Bunker on October 26, 2013, 10:24:53 PM

The GAA got a few Euro.
The Irish Referees will go back to refereeing GAA thinking this is easy (but we all know they are sh1te).

Not sure who got €€ but I'd say at €3 a go admission for most of the children, I'd say the GAA got very little. There seemed to be a fair old expenses budget set aside for all those training weekends in the big hotels round the country.

Coppers might get a few €€ and God knows what the Aussies will get in Coppers.  :) :)

Wildweasel74

there was alot of children there the night, so a boxing session was probably the last thing the gamed needed, the price of football these days am sure its a nice change, a kids day out to watch gaa stars

BennyCake

The Aussie fans were criticised in 2011 for not showing up. But only 17,000 last week (see, it could have been held in Armagh after all) and 28,000 tonight. That is poor. The last few series at home were packed.  Looks like both sets of fans are losing interest.

BennyHarp

I'd say team made up of Irish lads who play for GAA teams Australia would have put up a better show in a game of Gaelic football than those Aussies did in that game.
That was never a square ball!!

J OGorman

Quote from: orangeman link=31.msg1292578#msg1292578 date=1382824874
Quote from: From the Bunker on October 26, 2013, 10:24:53 PM

The GAA got a few Euro.

Not sure who got €€ but I'd say at €3 a go admission for most of the children, I'd say the GAA got very little. There seemed to be a fair old expenses budget set aside for all those training weekends in the big hotels round the country.

Coppers might get a few €€ and God knows what the Aussies will get in Coppers.  :) :)

Here we go again with the hotel begrudgery...we all enjoy a night on a good mattress, mini kettles, tasty uht milk, bikkies wrapped in tartan ,  with the  wee soaps and shoe shine kits we bring home to the women like well groomed cavemen. More power to the panel

After the nights game,  unless the Australians send their best, there's no point

PS..to this day, i still cant fathom how the irish version of the rag that is the daily mail started and still exists..shameful

stephenite

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on October 26, 2013, 09:15:40 PM

What's wrong with you?

Blatant racism probably

orangeman

How much would the Irish Daily Mail be putting into this deal ?

It"s not a big paper and you'd wonder what's in it for them. Does anyone know what sort of budget is set aside by the GAA for a domestic rules series ?

Tony Baloney

Quote from: stephenite on October 27, 2013, 12:16:27 AM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on October 26, 2013, 09:15:40 PM

What's wrong with you?

Blatant racism probably
Jumping to conclusions lads. Your liberal leanings are liable to make fools of you. When I read it I interpreted it as half-Irish, half-Aussie with no racial connotations.