10 Years Ago Today. Tyrone 0-12 Armagh 0-9.

Started by ONeill, September 28, 2013, 09:07:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrico2006

Quote from: Throw ball on October 10, 2013, 04:15:12 PM
Quote from: SkillfulBill on October 10, 2013, 03:37:26 PM
Bennycake,

Looking over your posts through out this thread you really need to see some sense. The game was 10 years ago and it produced 10 years of dominance of Tyrone over Armagh yeilding 3 All - Irelands. Show a little graciousness would you and admit that Tyrone were full value for their success not because marsden got sent off, not because they cheated their way to 3 All-Irelands, not because so and so did this or that. The reality is that Tyrone won their 3 All-Ireland because they had a talented group of players who were the best in Ireland in the years that they won their All-Ireland titles. All the rest does come accross as nothing but bitterness.

I assume you could also show a bit of grace and admit that if a bit of luck had have went Armagh's way they might have won in 2005 and we would be sitting at 2 apiece. Still this is still old hat. It is next year that counts and I think Tyrone's chances of winning Sam next year are not much better than Armagh's.

While I wouldn't be thinking Tyrone are going to win Sam next year I would definitely be of the opinion that they are a lot more likely to win Sam than Armagh.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

J OGorman

Quote from: nrico2006 on October 10, 2013, 04:27:00 PM
Bennycake,

Looking over your posts through out this thread you really need to see some sense. The game was 10 years ago and it produced 10 years of dominance of Tyrone over Armagh yeilding 3 All - Irelands. Show a little graciousness would you and admit that Tyrone were full value for their success not because marsden got sent off, not because they cheated their way to 3 All-Irelands, not because so and so did this or that. The reality is that Tyrone won their 3 All-Ireland because they had a talented group of players who were the best in Ireland in the years that they won their All-Ireland titles. All the rest does come accross as nothing but bitterness.

I assume you could also show a bit of grace and admit that if a bit of luck had have went Armagh's way they might have won in 2005 and we would be sitting at 2 apiece. Still this is still old hat. It is next year that counts and I think Tyrone's chances of winning Sam next year are not much better than Armagh's.

While I wouldn't be thinking Tyrone are going to win Sam next year I would definitely be of the opinion that they are a lot more likely to win Sam than Armagh.

Geezer's back!!!!

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

SkillfulBill

Bennycake,

Luck had very little to do with canavans ability to hit frees under pressure or Joe Kernans inability to see the value of keeping McGeeney on the pitch.  I have already stated my view that Armagh underachieved and should have won at least another All-Ireland.  2005 was not the year that they missed out on as Tyrone were playing their best football. Armaghs 2006 defeat to the mighty Fermanagh was the All-ireland they should have won

trileacman

Quote from: SkillfulBill on October 10, 2013, 05:06:57 PM
Bennycake,

Luck had very little to do with canavans ability to hit frees under pressure or Joe Kernans inability to see the value of keeping McGeeney on the pitch.  I have already stated my view that Armagh underachieved and should have won at least another All-Ireland.  2005 was not the year that they missed out on as Tyrone were playing their best football. Armaghs 2006 defeat to the mighty Fermanagh was the All-ireland they should have won

Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Nally Stand

Bennycake,

SkillfulBill, they're hard enough to listen to moaning about how they think they deserved to win in 2003 & 2005 without you encouraging them to think that they should have won in 2006 too! They'll be staking a claim for Rightful Team of the Decade before long if you keep this up!
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

SkillfulBill

Quote from: Nally Stand on October 10, 2013, 05:36:50 PM
Bennycake,

SkillfulBill, they're hard enough to listen to moaning about how they think they deserved to win in 2003 & 2005 without you encouraging them to think that they should have won in 2006 too! They'll be staking a claim for Rightful Team of the Decade before long if you keep this up!

LOL........I think they were very unlucky in 07 & 09 as well.  Seriously had they a different manager, had 15 better different players, wore a different strip say red and white and called themselves something other than Armagh they could have been very  successful to.

Throw ball

Quote from: nrico2006 on October 10, 2013, 04:27:00 PM
Bennycake,

I did say Tyrone had the better chance!

general_lee

Firstly, I have to say that it is promising that after ten years some Tyrone posters (nrico2006, Fuzzman) can accept that Marsden was not acting maliciously and that Jordan was the antagonist and thus culpable for the incident in question.

Secondly, I would not be of the school of thought that Armagh would have definitely won that day if Diarmaid had have stayed on. I think on the day that the better team won. What I will say, is that your maiden victory was in my eyes, completely and totally tainted by Philip Jordan's unnecessary behaviour that day (diving is the preserve of over-paid soccer playing fannies - as is clapping a red card ie Gormley)

Finally, on the incident itself. To strike someone, normally you approach them and lean into them with the momentum of doing so being used to hurt them. Even a Tyrone poster kindly put a picture of the incident up. The man with the clenched fist is Jordan. Marsden doesn't even have a finger on him. Both players look as if they've been knocked back; Marsden from Jordan running at him and Jordan from his split second decision to dive and have an opposing player sent off.

This argument reminds me a lot of the Unionists, they argue that a black crow is white, when the whole world knows it's black. Is it not telling that Tyrone folk see things differently than 31 other counties?

Throw ball

Bennycake,

If you want to continue slagging at least get your facts right. Fermanagh beat Armagh in 2004. Armagh threw a lead away against Kerry in 2006. They were done by then though.

BennyCake

Bennycake,

I've already stated Tyrone deserved to win both AI finals in 05 and 08. As for admitting Tyrone were full value for their AI win in 03, I can't, because I would be lying. They used every trick in the book that year (moreso than any other year).

SkillfulBill

Quote from: Throw ball on October 10, 2013, 06:10:28 PM
Bennycake,

If you want to continue slagging at least get your facts right. Fermanagh beat Armagh in 2004. Armagh threw a lead away against Kerry in 2006. They were done by then though.

Apologies for getting my dates mixed up. Your right of course so that 06 one was a tad unlucky to then. You couldn't just tell us kerry beat Armagh it was them throwing it away again.

SkillfulBill

Quote from: general_lee on October 10, 2013, 06:09:09 PM
Firstly, I have to say that it is promising that after ten years some Tyrone posters (nrico2006, Fuzzman) can accept that Marsden was not acting maliciously and that Jordan was the antagonist and thus culpable for the incident in question.

Secondly, I would not be of the school of thought that Armagh would have definitely won that day if Diarmaid had have stayed on. I think on the day that the better team won. What I will say, is that your maiden victory was in my eyes, completely and totally tainted by Philip Jordan's unnecessary behaviour that day (diving is the preserve of over-paid soccer playing fannies - as is clapping a red card ie Gormley)

Finally, on the incident itself. To strike someone, normally you approach them and lean into them with the momentum of doing so being used to hurt them. Even a Tyrone poster kindly put a picture of the incident up. The man with the clenched fist is Jordan. Marsden doesn't even have a finger on him. Both players look as if they've been knocked back; Marsden from Jordan running at him and Jordan from his split second decision to dive and have an opposing player sent off.

This argument reminds me a lot of the Unionists, they argue that a black crow is white, when the whole world knows it's black. Is it not telling that Tyrone folk see things differently than 31 other counties?

Most other counties don't give a rats arss about it.  Armagh people have being crying on about it for ten years and I am yet to hear anyone from the county call Marsden out for lifting his hands in an All-Ireland final and falling for Jordans gamesmanship.  Marsden was experienced enough to know better and if it had  have been a Tyrone man sent off I would have been livid with him for reducing us to 14 men. All this agro towards Jordan over the years only serves to excuse Marsden from his guilt in helping Tyrone to their first All-Ireland win. Thanks Dairmuid for your contribution to our success.

rrhf

And don't forget Paul Galvin throwing a water bottle