10 Years Ago Today. Tyrone 0-12 Armagh 0-9.

Started by ONeill, September 28, 2013, 09:07:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trueblue1234

Quote from: BennyCake on October 10, 2013, 11:52:21 AM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on October 10, 2013, 11:00:43 AM
When you ask a question of one team but refuse to ask the same question of others then, yes it looks like Bias and one sidedness and pettiness and jealousy and last but not least, bitterness. 
The reason you get the pictures is because it's obvious how much it has hurt to watch Tyrone have a successful decade. But chin up, KMG is back!!

The issue wasn't about other teams. It was about Tyrone.
Your issue is Tyrone. That's obvious. But you don't dictate how people respond.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Fuzzman

As a matter of interest how many of ye Armagh fans would say Kerry are or have been a dirty or cynical team over the years?

I was always amazed how many older men from various counties would tell me over the years how they felt Kerry were often painted as these cleaner than clean great footballers but when you watched them live in the flesh without the RTE influence you would see they knew how to rough teams up before they played their nice football.

Just ask any Cork man what he thinks of their style of play.

With Donegal last year breaking that mould of being a one hit wonder team in the 90's, I wonder will other counties like Derry & Armagh be able to rise above their doom & gloom and believe in themselves like McGuinness made his squad believe.

BennyCake

Quote from: trueblue1234 on October 10, 2013, 12:12:24 PM
When you ask a question of one team but refuse to ask the same question of others then, yes it looks like Bias and one sidedness and pettiness and jealousy and last but not least, bitterness. 
The reason you get the pictures is because it's obvious how much it has hurt to watch Tyrone have a successful decade. But chin up, KMG is back!!

Er, well, it is a thread about Tyrone  ::)

trueblue1234

It's a thread about a certain game. You've decided to expand to bring in other Tyrone games and incidents within Tyrone games.  Why you didn't expand to include other incidents including other teams? Seems to me you've got an issue with Tyrone? Personally I believe it's got less to do with the cynicism(That plenty of other counties are involved with), and more to do with your near neighbours out preforming you for the vast part of a decade. And that's why it's enjoyable for Tyrone supporters and the need to post pictures of decomposing apples.

Nally Stand

Quote from: BennyCake on October 10, 2013, 12:57:35 PM

Eh, no is ain't. It's about a match. Thread title:
"10 Years Ago Today. Tyrone 0-12 Armagh 0-9"
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

nrico2006

Have we still no footage of the Marsden assault on Jordan?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Bensars

I see the Bennycake meltdown is ongoing ! 

Quote from: BennyCake on October 10, 2013, 12:57:35 PM

Trueblue telling it as it is  !

Fuzzman

Did anything ever happen to McKeever that time he hoped off some fence to punch some lad on the pitch?
Who was that against and why wasn't he playing?

BennyCake

Quote from: trueblue1234 on October 10, 2013, 01:07:34 PM
It's a thread about a certain game. You've decided to expand to bring in other Tyrone games and incidents within Tyrone games.  Why you didn't expand to include other incidents including other teams? Seems to me you've got an issue with Tyrone? Personally I believe it's got less to do with the cynicism(That plenty of other counties are involved with), and more to do with your near neighbours out preforming you for the vast part of a decade. And that's why it's enjoyable for Tyrone supporters and the need to post pictures of decomposing apples.

I brought up incidents to reply to a post, that was specific to Tyrone. That's where and why it started.

If that's what you believe, good for you. But you're wrong.

BennyHarp

Quote from: BennyCake on October 10, 2013, 11:49:25 AM
Quote from: BennyHarp on October 10, 2013, 10:55:35 AM
10 years on - asking the same queston about Jordan, does seem a tad biased and one sided?

I'm a firm believer that blaming other people for your own failings will never help you to improve. Armagh fans are so obessed with the idea that Jordan cost them that All Ireland, that they fail to consider what they themselves could have done better to win that game. Perhaps that cost you lot another all ireland. And by your previous posts earlier in the thread Benny, you are still deluded trying to argue that Armagh have been as successful as Tyrone since 2003. I'd say forget about Tyrone, focus on what Armagh can do to improve and maybe you just might get back to the levels of 2000-2005.

The issue wasn't just about Jordan.

The success thing, that was about 10 pages ago, and not the current issue.

;D FFS - The match was 10 years ago, never mind 10 pages!
That was never a square ball!!

sensethetone

Quote from: Fuzzman on October 10, 2013, 01:57:20 PM
Did anything ever happen to McKeever that time he hoped off some fence to punch some lad on the pitch?
was he not carrying a water bottle onto the pitch- was doing water carrier and then there was an incident involving him and a kerry man.. or was that the guy Toal..

trueblue1234

Quote from: BennyCake on October 10, 2013, 01:57:44 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on October 10, 2013, 01:07:34 PM

I brought up incidents to reply to a post, that was specific to Tyrone. That's where and why it started.

If that's what you believe, good for you. But you're wrong.

That post was by Tony. Your in good company......

nrico2006

Quote from: Fuzzman on October 10, 2013, 01:57:20 PM

Always at something is that boy, if he spent as much time trying to play football he maybe one day could make a half decent player.   Remember him at his antics against Louth this year when he was given a 4 week ban and he wasn't even playing that day.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

SkillfulBill

Bennycake,

Looking over your posts through out this thread you really need to see some sense. The game was 10 years ago and it produced 10 years of dominance of Tyrone over Armagh yeilding 3 All - Irelands. Show a little graciousness would you and admit that Tyrone were full value for their success not because marsden got sent off, not because they cheated their way to 3 All-Irelands, not because so and so did this or that. The reality is that Tyrone won their 3 All-Ireland because they had a talented group of players who were the best in Ireland in the years that they won their All-Ireland titles. All the rest does come accross as nothing but bitterness.

Throw ball

Quote from: SkillfulBill on October 10, 2013, 03:37:26 PM
Bennycake,

Looking over your posts through out this thread you really need to see some sense. The game was 10 years ago and it produced 10 years of dominance of Tyrone over Armagh yeilding 3 All - Irelands. Show a little graciousness would you and admit that Tyrone were full value for their success not because marsden got sent off, not because they cheated their way to 3 All-Irelands, not because so and so did this or that. The reality is that Tyrone won their 3 All-Ireland because they had a talented group of players who were the best in Ireland in the years that they won their All-Ireland titles. All the rest does come accross as nothing but bitterness.

I assume you could also show a bit of grace and admit that if a bit of luck had have went Armagh's way they might have won in 2005 and we would be sitting at 2 apiece. Still this is still old hat. It is next year that counts and I think Tyrone's chances of winning Sam next year are not much better than Armagh's.