county championships 2013

Started by waterfordlad, September 19, 2013, 08:04:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GaillimhIarthair

Portumna 3-12 Loughrea 0-14 in the Galway final played this afternoon. 

Saffrongael

That was some comeback by Na Piarshaigh yesterday
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

CitySlicker11

Midleton Cork county champions play the winners of the Clare county final which is being played this Sunday.

waterfordlad

Na Piarsaigh v Passage tomorrow so should be a good game. Na Piarsaigh would have to be favourites after winning the Munster club 2 years ago and Passage are missing Noel Connors who is abroad. They seem to have prepared well for it going on interview with Peter Queally in local paper. I just checked TG4 schedule and deferred showing of game is at 3:30 after football match.

Last Man

Quote from: waterfordlad on November 09, 2013, 09:15:44 AM
Na Piarsaigh v Passage tomorrow so should be a good game. Na Piarsaigh would have to be favourites after winning the Munster club 2 years ago and Passage are missing Noel Connors who is abroad. They seem to have prepared well for it going on interview with Peter Queally in local paper. I just checked TG4 schedule and deferred showing of game is at 3:30 after football match.
Better overall team won but Passage showed some fight to keep it so tight. Downes is something to behold, hard to judge on tv but d[dnt seem to be working as hard as the rest of the team. If Dowling and him linked up a bit more they'd be a powerful force.

waterfordlad

Downes was excellent and I think better team won but as you said Passage did well to keep in it as were under a lot of pressure at times. Na Piarsaigh's forwards were better. Good game for the time of year.

johnneycool

Quote from: waterfordlad on November 10, 2013, 07:23:39 PM
Downes was excellent and I think better team won but as you said Passage did well to keep in it as were under a lot of pressure at times. Na Piarsaigh's forwards were better. Good game for the time of year.

Pretty good game the bits I seen off it.

Was it Downes who popped over the point at the end on his left side and under a good bit of pressure?

IIRC he's a left hander anyway.

I see sixmilebridge won the Clare championship, with Niall Gilligan still on the go, he must be touching 40 by now.

theskull1

Wonder how much Clares exertions this year at county level took their toll on those involved? Wasn't there only one Sixmilebridge player on the Clare panel?
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

johnneycool

Quote from: theskull1 on November 11, 2013, 10:11:48 AM
Wonder how much Clares exertions this year at county level took their toll on those involved? Wasn't there only one Sixmilebridge player on the Clare panel?

By the looks of it Sixmilebridge had the Morey's one playing and one on the panel, similar to NOF, with 2 possibly.

Clonlara, who Sixmilebridge beat in the semi-final have a good smattering of county players, possibly half a dozen, and you'd wonder if that had a telling impact on them.

Awful colour clash in that final by the looks of the pictures I've seen.

CitySlicker11

Colin Ryan is NOF I think as well as Lynch, that's off the top of my head could be wrong. Do they play Midleton next weekend? Should be good game. Na Piarsaigh ticking along nicely and will be happy enough having disposed of Tipp and Waterford champions already.

imtommygunn

Gilligan still got it by the looks of those highlights. Wonder if any other ai winners stillplaying.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on November 11, 2013, 09:35:16 PM
Gilligan still got it by the looks of those highlights. Wonder if any other ai winners stillplaying.

At club level he'd be a serious player, wouldn't like to mark him. Beast of a man, he still taking the frees?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Only saw the highlights but he hit at least a goal from a free and hit a few from play too and looked sharp.

Na piarsagh look like they've a lot of big strong guys on the team. Could be well suited to this time of year. Whoever beats middleton will have to do a good marking job on lehane though.  Very open munster championship.

Last Man

Quote from: imtommygunn on November 11, 2013, 11:05:43 PM
Only saw the highlights but he hit at least a goal from a free and hit a few from play too and looked sharp.

Na piarsagh look like they've a lot of big strong guys on the team. Could be well suited to this time of year. Whoever beats middleton will have to do a good marking job on lehane though.  Very open munster championship.
I thought the Na Pairsaigh defense was as good as any team still in it, the stand in full back yesterday has great feet as well as skill and will only improve the half back line when the usual no.3 is back. They'll not cancel Lehane out entirely so it will be up to Downes and co to do the rest.