county championships 2013

Started by waterfordlad, September 19, 2013, 08:04:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: north aontroim gael on November 25, 2013, 03:30:31 PM
Quote from: Bord na Mona man on November 25, 2013, 11:41:49 AM
Loughgiel are the best team still in it, but they've been going at it for a few years now and may come unstuck against a fresher team.

Na Piarsaigh @ 4/1 are a big price.  Serious outfit and will give Portumna their fill of it.

Do you think they have improved since Loughgiel played them?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

north aontroim gael

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 25, 2013, 03:59:38 PM
Loughgiel are the best team still in it, but they've been going at it for a few years now and may come unstuck against a fresher team.

Na Piarsaigh @ 4/1 are a big price.  Serious outfit and will give Portumna their fill of it.

Yes, they have a more mature look about them now.  Always looking to pick the right ball etc.  Can mix it as well.

Minder

Quote from: north aontroim gael on November 25, 2013, 04:55:39 PM

Yes, they have a more mature look about them now.  Always looking to pick the right ball etc.  Can mix it as well.

Yeah if I was backing anyone it would be Na Piarsaigh.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Minder on November 25, 2013, 06:45:02 PM

Loughgiel in fairness have also improved on their All Ireland i think. This year they have seem to have the ambition again so hopefully they can do the business in the semi final
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Last Man

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 25, 2013, 07:10:11 PM

Was talkin to a man from Portumna who reckoned Na Pairsaigh were soft and they fully expected to be meeting the Bridge in their next match. Not so it would seem. I like the look of them I have to say, organised and resolute in defence but like any club team it all depends if the special talents in attack show on the day.

Loughgiel in fairness have also improved on their All Ireland i think. This year they have seem to have the ambition again so hopefully they can do the business in the semi final

johnneycool

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 25, 2013, 07:10:11 PM

Do you think so? I haven't been all that impressed with them, but they've been doing all they needed to do in Antrim and Ulster and will hope to raise it up a few cogs come January and February, some players may hit a bit of form by then alright.

Ball winning forwards IMO will be their achilles heel if they get a wet, shitty day in Parnell or Athlone as they'll not be getting the same time or space to pick out the forwards as they like to.

A good dry sod will be an advantage to them, although Oulart the Ballagh (if they get over MLR, big IF) aren't overly big either by the looks of them.

Is Jim Nelson still guiding from the sidelines or has he stepped down?

I've liked the cut of Na Pairsigh of what I've seen of them this year and can see them get over Portumna in a semi-final.

Tony Baloney

Poor auld OTB. Golden opportunity today.

waterfordlad

Fair play to Mount Leinster Rangers. I didn't see the game today but was a great win for them. Oulart The Ballagh must be sickened though. They did the hard work winning away to Kilkenny and Offaly Champions only to fall in the final again.

imtommygunn

Only saw the first half. Otb looked better hurlers but that mount leinster team are a big physical outfit. Anything otb got they really had to fight for.

Loughgiel wouldn't be a massive side and may struggle with the physicality.

Catch and Kick

Rangers will give Loughiel a lot to worry about. Some spirit in the Club. Ferocious competitors in football too and always hard to beat even though they don't really train for it..

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on December 01, 2013, 11:15:29 PM
Only saw the first half. Otb looked better hurlers but that mount leinster team are a big physical outfit. Anything otb got they really had to fight for.

Loughgiel wouldn't be a massive side and may struggle with the physicality.

Tommy stick work wise they weren't great, plenty ball and a lot of poor wides in first half. Good handling and what the didn't have stick work wise they made up for it in determination which on a greasy heavy pitch is a big factor, weather should be the same come Feb, just think Loughgiel have that mojo back, I'll be backing them, be good to see the price on that.

imtommygunn

I thought that too mr but stickwork wise otb are pretty good and still got beat.

Loughgiel probably should be favourites but it's a difficult enough game. Guess they all are at this stage.

Sean3

Malachy Clerkin in today's Irish Times
Presumably a note of congratulations will be read out at the next meeting of the Cork County Board.
:)

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Sean3 on December 02, 2013, 04:16:29 PM
Malachy Clerkin in today's Irish Times
Presumably a note of congratulations will be read out at the next meeting of the Cork County Board.
:)
brilliant.  ;D
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

laoislad

Quote from: waterfordlad on December 01, 2013, 09:53:58 PM
Fair play to Mount Leinster Rangers. I didn't see the game today but was a great win for them. Oulart The Ballagh must be sickened though. They did the hard work winning away to Kilkenny and Offaly Champions only to fall in the final again.

Absolutely brilliant for Mount Leinster Rangers. Delighted for them.
Been some year for hurling.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.