Connacht senior,intermediate,junior club football championships 2013

Started by ross4life, September 10, 2013, 06:00:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: muppet on February 15, 2014, 06:04:50 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on February 15, 2014, 04:51:44 PM
Congratulations to Castlebar, an excellent win and a great opportunity now in the final.   I have to say though that this year's eventual winners will have a small bit of a hollow victory as we were so badly depleted there will always be a question mark over the winners,  'would they have won if Cross had a full deck to play with earlier in the season? '  Anyway best of luck in the final to muppet et al.

I will definitely raise a glass to you BC on Paddy's Day!

If you are able to change your work plans I will join you!

BTW there are some dumb fucks in the world,  it is too easy some times ;D

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: imtommygunn on February 15, 2014, 05:43:23 PM
Congratulations to Castlebar, an excellent win and a great opportunity now in the final.   I have to say though that this year's eventual winners will have a small bit of a hollow victory as we were so badly depleted there will always be a question mark over the winners,  'would they have won if Cross had a full deck to play with earlier in the season? '  Anyway best of luck in the final to muppet et al.

Sure if st vincents get through it's ok for them as they put manners in you a few years ago ;)

Yerra, 1 season wonders!!!   

Syferus

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on February 15, 2014, 06:07:18 PM

BTW there are some dumb f**ks in the world,  it is too easy some times ;D

You realise sarcasm isn't something that can be divined easily online, right?

''You're all dumb for not knowing what only I could know!''

Well done and all but don't pat yourself on the arse too much.

muppet

Quote from: muppet on February 15, 2014, 03:41:14 PM
Quote from: Tubberman on February 15, 2014, 03:37:23 PM
Goal chances for both teams. Mitchels doing well, they will keep going anyway, very fit and hard working team.
Richie hasn't been in it that much, wonder is that because of the rumoured injury

Scored a very good point. If we had kept out that goal we would be very happy at half time, but thems the breaks.

Gooch going off probably unsettled both teams. Important we get the line out right for the second half.

I thought Barry caused a lot of problems at FF and was an interesting selection.

Apparently An Taoiseach delivered the half time team-talk.

Lawnseed and Willie Frazer will be outraged.
MWWSI 2017

Tubberman

Quote from: muppet on February 15, 2014, 07:19:43 PM
Goal chances for both teams. Mitchels doing well, they will keep going anyway, very fit and hard working team.
Richie hasn't been in it that much, wonder is that because of the rumoured injury

Scored a very good point. If we had kept out that goal we would be very happy at half time, but thems the breaks.

Gooch going off probably unsettled both teams. Important we get the line out right for the second half.

I thought Barry caused a lot of problems at FF and was an interesting selection.

Mary Robinson for the final?
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Syferus on February 15, 2014, 06:20:05 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on February 15, 2014, 06:07:18 PM

BTW there are some dumb f**ks in the world,  it is too easy some times ;D

You realise sarcasm isn't something that can be divined easily online, right?

''You're all dumb for not knowing what only I could know!''

Well done and all but don't pat yourself on the arse too much.

Ah jaysus syferous man, anyone who knows me will know that I was on the rise,  I wouldn't mind but a few lads even commented such and people still were on their high horses!   

Anyway, good luck to Castlebar in the final,  St V's are a good side but they can be got at and a lot will depend on how they cope with the expectation of completing a club/county double in the 1 season. I have a sneaking suspicion that the Mayomen will nick this one.

INDIANA

I honestly couldn't see how Vincents would have feared Crossmaglen had we played them after dismantling them in Navan in 2008. The facts are Cross's  "aura" is long over at this level.

Fine win for Castlebar. Will be strong favourites in the final after beating the all-ireland champions and the favourites for the competition. We really have our work cut out.

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

INDIANA

Quote from: Farrandeelin on February 15, 2014, 09:03:38 PM
You're a gas man Indiana!

Not at all. I've huge respect for what Pat Holmes had done with Castlebar.

And I think they are going to cause us awful bother because they won't let us play football like Portlaoise and Balinderry.

3-13 is a hell of a score for any team in 60 minutes football.

Plus on the law of averages Mayo football are due a break. I'm very nervous

Syferus

Quote from: INDIANA on February 15, 2014, 09:12:09 PM

And I think they are going to cause us awful bother because they won't let us play football like Portlaoise and Balinderry.

Sure at club level they haven't a bother winning senior AIs.

Captain Obvious

How many of that St Vincents side have won minor,under 21 and Senior All Ireland winning medals with Dublin?

INDIANA

Quote from: Captain Obvious on February 15, 2014, 09:29:43 PM

How many of that St Vincents side have won minor,under 21 and Senior All Ireland winning medals with Dublin?

Only 6  of the panel. 4 senior, 1 minor and 1 u21.

ck

I really can't see Castlebar being beaten. Crokes had no answer today, I know Gooch was an awful loss but I think they still would have struggled. They'll beat Vincent's on Paddys day and all of Connacht will be behind them. Mayo football will take big inspiration too I'd say for later in the year.

INDIANA

Quote from: ck on February 15, 2014, 09:56:15 PM
I really can't see Castlebar being beaten. Crokes had no answer today, I know Gooch was an awful loss but I think they still would have struggled. They'll beat Vincent's on Paddys day and all of Connacht will be behind them. Mayo football will take big inspiration too I'd say for later in the year.

On past record you'll need the inspiration at county level alright.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Tubberman on February 15, 2014, 07:22:54 PM
Quote from: muppet on February 15, 2014, 07:19:43 PM

Mary Robinson for the final?

Pee Flynn? Or Beverley? :P
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.