Silly neutral fans at games

Started by Orchardman, September 02, 2013, 02:47:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildweasel74

there no age for not wearing a jersey u dick, u sound like a plain clothes supporter to me

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

I'm guessing Orchardman turned 27 in 2003 and has the horrible feeling it is Armagh's last final in Croke Park.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

BennyCake

What's the problem wearing a shirt of a team not involved in the match? People do it all the time. Big bloody deal.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: BennyCake on September 02, 2013, 06:23:05 PM
What's the problem wearing a shirt of a team not involved in the match? People do it all the time. Big bloody deal.

While I see liitle wrong with wearing a Mayo jersey at that match, shouting c'mon Mayo at it was a bit idiotic bar perhaps a jokey one after the game was over.

Syferus

Jaysus, I never knew there was an age limit on jersey wearing. Better start wearing the collection more regularly while I can.

747 on Mondays, Ballymore Properties (viva 2001) on Wenesdays, Sierra on Saturdays and, of course, the Hospice one on Sundays.

reddgnhand

Quote from: johnneycool on September 02, 2013, 02:50:17 PM
Maybe he'd got his semi-finals mixed up and bought for the wrong weekend?

Was it T Fearon he has a habit of getting his dates mixed up or maybe A Moran isn't he a bit confused over where he's from.

BennyCake

Quote from: Syferus on September 02, 2013, 06:30:07 PM
Jaysus, I never knew there was a age limit on jersey wearing. Better start wearing the collection more regularly while I can.

747 on Mondays, Ballymore Properties (viva 2001) on Wenesdays, Sierra on Saturdays and, of course, the Hospice one on Sundays.

Don't forget about Orange Wednesdays!  ;)

Orchardman

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on September 02, 2013, 05:46:37 PM
there no age for not wearing a jersey u dick, u sound like a plain clothes supporter to me

Of course I wear plain clothes. It's a day out, followed by an evening on the pints in town whilst not wearing a jersey. Id say I wore one in irish bars in oz when I was still 25, that's 5 years ago and I wouldn't have worn one since.

All the senior players in my club would have been the same, maybe at a push we would wear our club polo or training t-shirt, if not then a nice jazzie t-shirt and chinos
I can't believe people are so surprised at this!

Orchardman

Quote from: ballinaman on September 02, 2013, 03:12:40 PM
Quote from: Orchardman on September 02, 2013, 03:10:29 PM
Quote from: Tubberman on September 02, 2013, 03:03:18 PM
Quote from: Orchardman on September 02, 2013, 03:01:20 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on September 02, 2013, 02:58:44 PM
Haha.....I was indeed wearing my Mayo polo shirt in the Lower Davin. Don't think I was in the vincinityof a grumpy Armagh man though, wish I had thought of shouting C'mon Mayo at that stage!  ;D

Polo shirt is fine, and as you didn't shout C'mon mayo you havn't done anything wrong!

Intriguing... so wearing county polo shirts to games you're not involved in is fine, but wearing a replica jersey is not?

Not quite, the rule applies to games in general, including your own games, as polo shirts would be more suitable for men of a certain vintage. Maybe 27 was just a number I used, when do people grow up, 25? 35? never?

My main point was more that he was shouting rubbish anyway, that's what we need to get to the bottom of
Was he at it for the whole match or just the once? There was an awful lot of lads yesterday wearing jerseys, you'd have your work cut out orchardman telling them off!

to be fair to the lad I only remember him doing it twice

maigheo

Quote from: deiseach on September 02, 2013, 03:34:27 PM
This Mayo chap is small potatoes. We all congratulate ourselves on how there is no segregation at matches unlike the beasts that frequent soccer, and I guess it's nice in the abstract. But the reality of it is a complete pain in the hole. You're sitting down a couple of minutes before throw-in, thanking your lucky stars that you're surrounded by your own kind thanks to tickets bought through the club, then along comes the biggest baluba God ever put into shoe leather. Just in case you didn't know who was on the opposition's team, he'll shout "come on" followed by their name every time one of his team touches the ball. He'll conduct an eyeballing contest with someone from your own county sitting several rows way for 70 minutes, a habit that seems to require him to swing elbows into your personal space at the same time. His memory for any time your county bottled it spectacularly is encyclopedic and he isn't afraid to show off this talent (NB this is obviously a bigger problem when you are from Waterford than, say, Kerry). About the only positive thing that can be said about the experience is that if you lose,you also  win because you don't have to cope with proximity to him should his team lose.

On reflection, I'd like to apologise to everyone I ever sat beside at a match.
One of the funniest posts here in a long time :) :)

Syferus

Quote from: Orchardman on September 02, 2013, 06:51:56 PM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on September 02, 2013, 05:46:37 PM

Of course I wear plain clothes. It's a day out, followed by an evening on the pints in town whilst not wearing a jersey. Id say I wore one in irish bars in oz when I was still 25, that's 5 years ago and I wouldn't have worn one since.

All the senior players in my club would have been the same, maybe at a push we would wear our club polo or training t-shirt, if not then a nice jazzie t-shirt and chinos
I can't believe people are so surprised at this!

Do you think you can win the "€5000.00" in the Cic Soar, Jamie?

Orior

Quote from: Orchardman on September 02, 2013, 02:47:42 PM
I was there at croke park yesterday and it was brilliant, gaa at it's best. I had been telling everyone all year that Kerry weren't done and these guys had one more in them. Was delighted they showed their class again yesterday but just didn't get over the line in the end.

Anyway there was this guy behind me wearing his mayo jersey, in his thirties id say. Firstly why would anyone bother wearing a mayo jersey when their not playing is beyond me, especially at that age but no harm done I suppose, each to their own.
His main crime was when the game was starting and the crowd were outroaring each other with 'C mon kerry', C'mon Dublin', he then had to shout ' C mon MAYO!

Really, why would anyone bother doing that???
This isn't mayo bashing, their are clowns everywhere.

Come to think of it, he was wearing a baseball hat, so maybe it was james horan

It is not directly related, but you can get very strange looks by wearing your county or club polo shirt to Tesco's in Glengormley. Men of all ages wearing soccer tops would be the norm.

If I had been lucky enough to get a ticket for yesterday, I might have worn my Armagh polo shirt but not the jersey. And I certainly wouldnt have shouted up Armagh, even if they had made it to the final. And I said cheerio to my thirties many many years ago.

In fairness, the mayoman probably had some of the devil's brew on him, but he still sounds like a bit of an idiot.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

T Fearon

Ah,Maybe he was just practicing for the final! ;D

Last week,at the Mayo Tyrone semi final I went up the elevator behind two males (no spring chickens either) both of whom were wearing Antrim jersies! In fairness they did not vocally proclaim their allegiance!

Wildweasel74

see some dub supporters in the Irish Star aged 74,66,60, all in Dublin jerseys, your never too old!

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

While those Mayo for/4 Sam signs, Mayo flags and Mayo jersies appearing from the Inca Trail to the Great Wall, from the Rockies to the Blue Mountains of NSW, Africa's plains to Tokyo and the top of Everest, ffrom skdives, construction sites, with celebs and international sports events, the now runaway craze includes a Mayo jersey in among the Liverpool fans V Utd.