2013 All Ireland Final: Mayo v Dublin

Started by All of a Sludden, August 26, 2013, 10:16:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayo4Sam

Moy and Lar will ye stop replying to that eijit

On an unrelated note, anyone going to Off the Ball tonight in Vicar street?
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on September 19, 2013, 10:18:00 AM
Moy and Lar will ye stop replying to that eijit

On an unrelated note, anyone going to Off the Ball tonight in Vicar street?

Don't worry: I already have. ;D
I put only one post up to see what reaction I'd get and that was enough for me. I've better things to be doing than wasting time trying to have a sensible chat with him.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

emmetryan

Hi guys,

Tactical preview of Mayo vs Dublin with video now up
http://action81.com/blog/?p=7654

Thanks,
Emmet
writer of the Tactics not Passion series at Action81.com

Mayo4Sam

Richie Feeney is the bored man's Kevin McManamon

Classis line
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Sidney

Number of goals Mayo have scored against Dublin's "dodgy" full back line in their last four meetings: 0

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Sidney on September 19, 2013, 11:21:46 AM
Number of goals Mayo have scored against Dublin's "dodgy" full back line in their last four meetings: 0

Still scored enough points last August...
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

TyrionLannister

So Brennan is dropped for Bastick, and Cian O Sullivan is going centre back.
Also Philly McMahon starting at corner back. A lot of changes.

Sounds like the Dubs are putting their best foot forward but it smacks of fear a little bit too.

Sure they expect O Suillivan to take Dillon but that takes a lot of pace from the Dublin midfield. Brennan was always the link man out of defence, crucial for short kickouts and generally set up the play for Dublin. He is a loss despite what they say in the media this week.

spuds

Quote from: emmetryan on September 19, 2013, 10:48:13 AM
Hi guys,

Thanks,
Emmet
Interesting reading Emmet but who you predict to win is clear from early on as you only really comment on how Mayo will have to deal with the Dublin threat. Mayo might have the ball the odd time too !
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

macdanger2

Quote from: TyrionLannister on September 19, 2013, 11:37:56 AM

Sounds like the Dubs are putting their best foot forward but it smacks of fear a little bit too.

Sure they expect O Suillivan to take Dillon but that takes a lot of pace from the Dublin midfield. Brennan was always the link man out of defence, crucial for short kickouts and generally set up the play for Dublin. He is a loss despite what they say in the media this week.

Is that official?? Seems like a lot of changes alright - the problem is that they could do with COS playing at both CHB and in MF. Would have preferred to see Brennan in there as I think he's a weak link.

Michael Schmeichal

Quote from: macdanger2 on September 19, 2013, 12:22:43 PM

Is that official?? Seems like a lot of changes alright - the problem is that they could do with COS playing at both CHB and in MF. Would have preferred to see Brennan in there as I think he's a weak link.

Seems like Liam McHale agrees with you

http://hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=201241

Sidney

Where's this information coming from?

I would fully expect Brennan to start.

Crete Boom

Quote from: emmetryan on September 19, 2013, 10:48:13 AM
Hi guys,

Thanks,
Emmet

Good read as always and you more or less confirmed what has worried me coming into this match i.e. can we contain the Dubs scoring power? As you highlighted it's our subs in the backs which will have to do some heavy lifting in order to quell the likes of Rock etc... and limiting the volume of chances for the Dubs is probably where we win the game (God it's good to read a review with out the term marquee forward). On the flip side I think the Dubs defence will probably give up/ or Mayo's attack will create about 14 to 16 scores which against anyone else would win Mayo an All Ireland but I think even with our defence holding their own the impact of the Dublin bench will have us struggle to keep their scores under 18.

So I am going to call it the Dubs by 2 after we give them an almighty scare but ultimately Andy , Dillion and O Connor not being 100% will cost us. This by the way doesn't stop me from believing that with a bit of luck I am wrong and with this Mayo side I never give up the ghost till the final whistle blows but the above prediction is just based on what I have seen this year from both teams.

Enjoy the match everyone who has secured their tickets and to those still looking I hope you get one!

TyrionLannister

Quote from: macdanger2 on September 19, 2013, 12:22:43 PM

From a very close source.

Brennan is the glue that puts it all together. Very underrated in my opinion. Just count how many possessions he gets through in a game, and how many passes forward he gets or how many times he get a short kickout. He ran the show when Mayo played Dublin in the league.

I think it will play into Mayo's hand a little in the sense that Mayo dont overly depend on Dillon any more and now the Dublin midfield will probably struggle as they are not as mobile without COS.

Surely it will upset the Dublin camp not to see a senior player like Brennan get the nod, for experience alone. It would be like Mayo dropping Moran or Vaughan for the final based on a bad semi marking the best player ever to play football - wouldnt happen. And if Philly McMahon is starting to rough up Cillian, they have already lost. Bring it on.

highorlow

QuoteAs you highlighted it's our subs in the backs which will have to do some heavy lifting in order to quell the likes of Rock etc... and limiting the volume of chances for the Dubs is probably where we win the game

Rocky will be easy to quell. Ask the Brigids men.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

seafoid

Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 19, 2013, 11:32:19 AM
Quote from: Sidney on September 19, 2013, 11:21:46 AM

Still scored enough points last August...
Farra

you are putting in some great jostles this week