Cork v Clare All Ireland SHC Final Sunday 8th September 3.30pm

Started by CitySlicker11, August 22, 2013, 06:00:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gael85

Quote from: Bord na Mona man on September 10, 2013, 09:40:42 AM
Regan: Davy's ranting will cost Clare an All-Ireland

Former Offaly hurler Daithi Regan believes Davy Fitzgerald's attitude towards match officials will end up costing Clare an All-Ireland title.

By John Fogarty
The pundit slammed the Clare manager for his post-match comments on Sunday and claimed he shouldered Cork selector Kieran Kingston during the game.

"He needs to be very careful what he says after games. He needs to be very careful about what he does on the sideline because I've heard enough people talk about passion and the drive. Well I'm having none of it. I'm sick to death of it, to be honest. He will cost this Clare team an All-Ireland final yet.

"When referees and sideline men go in at half-time for 15 minutes very simply they don't talk about the weather. They discuss what was going on.

"I watched him closely yesterday. He has a fantastic young team. Do not bring them down, pal. Because I'll tell you what, he walked by Kingston yesterday along the sideline with his hands on his hips and put his shoulder into him lightly but he put his shoulder in. Clare were leading by four points, I looked at the scoreboard and (thought) 'what are you at?'

"He berated the linesman, he berated (Brian) Gavin every time he came anywhere near him."

Speaking on Newstalk's Off The Ball last night, Regan also defended Gavin's performance. He acknowledged his fellow Offaly man made mistakes in the first-half but said he had an "impeccable" second-half.

He also hit back at Ger Loughnane who questioned Gavin's fitness on The Sunday Game, describing the former Clare manager's comments as "disgraceful" and "way out of line".

Meanwhile, Anthony Daly has been re-appointed Dublin manager for a sixth season in charge. The Clarecastle man this year led the county to their first Leinster title since 1961.

http://examiner.ie/sport/gaa/hurling/regan-davys-ranting-will-cost-clare-an-all-ireland-242548.html

I'm afraid Daithi loves the sound of his voice,didnt he say a few weeks ago that Kilkenny hurling style is outdated?Also had a go at the Clare team under Loughnane reign. He must have forgot Offaly wouldnt won a All Ireland in 1998 if Clare hadnt agreed to a replay when ref Jimmy Cooney blew the game up 2 minutes early .

Bord na Mona man

Quote from: Gael85 on September 10, 2013, 08:40:46 PM
Quote from: Bord na Mona man on September 10, 2013, 09:40:42 AM
Regan: Davy's ranting will cost Clare an All-Ireland

Former Offaly hurler Daithi Regan believes Davy Fitzgerald's attitude towards match officials will end up costing Clare an All-Ireland title.

By John Fogarty
The pundit slammed the Clare manager for his post-match comments on Sunday and claimed he shouldered Cork selector Kieran Kingston during the game.

"He needs to be very careful what he says after games. He needs to be very careful about what he does on the sideline because I've heard enough people talk about passion and the drive. Well I'm having none of it. I'm sick to death of it, to be honest. He will cost this Clare team an All-Ireland final yet.

"When referees and sideline men go in at half-time for 15 minutes very simply they don't talk about the weather. They discuss what was going on.

"I watched him closely yesterday. He has a fantastic young team. Do not bring them down, pal. Because I'll tell you what, he walked by Kingston yesterday along the sideline with his hands on his hips and put his shoulder into him lightly but he put his shoulder in. Clare were leading by four points, I looked at the scoreboard and (thought) 'what are you at?'

"He berated the linesman, he berated (Brian) Gavin every time he came anywhere near him."

Speaking on Newstalk's Off The Ball last night, Regan also defended Gavin's performance. He acknowledged his fellow Offaly man made mistakes in the first-half but said he had an "impeccable" second-half.

He also hit back at Ger Loughnane who questioned Gavin's fitness on The Sunday Game, describing the former Clare manager's comments as "disgraceful" and "way out of line".

Meanwhile, Anthony Daly has been re-appointed Dublin manager for a sixth season in charge. The Clarecastle man this year led the county to their first Leinster title since 1961.

http://examiner.ie/sport/gaa/hurling/regan-davys-ranting-will-cost-clare-an-all-ireland-242548.html

I'm afraid Daithi loves the sound of his voice,didnt he say a few weeks ago that Kilkenny hurling style is outdated?Also had a go at the Clare team under Loughnane reign. He must have forgot Offaly wouldnt won a All Ireland in 1998 if Clare hadnt agreed to a replay when ref Jimmy Cooney blew the game up 2 minutes early .
Clare agreed to nothing in 1998. They actually insisted that the result should stand.
But yes, the longer Regan hangs around as a pundit and the more his utterings get parsed, the more contradictions will start to crop up.

Rossfan

Quote from: north aontroim gael on September 10, 2013, 04:56:53 PM
the thing that really f*cked me off about the final was that any time there was a foul or a schmozzle on the field instead of showing a replay of the incident, the big screen in Croker flashed up a 'Give Respect, Get Respect' slogan or an ad for Liberty Insurance.  No one wants to see that guff, just show the match footage.
You've obviously not been in Croker for a while buckeen.
That's going on a few years now -ever since the Mattie Forde incident.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Rossfan

Quote from: orangeman on September 10, 2013, 04:15:15 PM

BTW who voted in this shite about lining up soccer style and shaking hands ?.

Who voted in prematch parades, singing the National Anthem , the lad abseiling beofre last yeas All Ireland football final and all the other match day frolics etc?
Why is it sh1te??
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

CitySlicker11

There is a lot of time to kill on All Ireland final day. Will there be any game played before the replay. None spring to mind, which means there will be less time to kill and therefore less of the stuff that annoys you.

Asal Mor

Will the 5pm throw-in for the replay be a problem? Surely it could start getting dark before the end of the game. Anyone here played hurling under lights? I haven't but it must be more difficult to see the ball at times.

Canalman

Should be no problem imo as the game will be played at dusk when there should be enoughish daylight anyway complemented by the floodlights.
Have played hurling under lights and never found it to be a problem except in the older types which sometimes had "dark spots" near the corners or sidelines.
Don't think CP will have that problem.

BTW, Clare to win by close on 8 points imo. By far the best hurlers and the ideal preparation of having an U21 final inbetween games .

johnneycool

Quote from: Canalman on September 17, 2013, 03:59:32 PM
Should be no problem imo as the game will be played at dusk when there should be enoughish daylight anyway complemented by the floodlights.
Have played hurling under lights and never found it to be a problem except in the older types which sometimes had "dark spots" near the corners or sidelines.
Don't think CP will have that problem.

BTW, Clare to win by close on 8 points imo. By far the best hurlers and the ideal preparation of having an U21 final inbetween games .

Unless its a shitty wet day I'd envisage there'd still be plenty of natural light at 6.30pm ish. Can't see light being an issue. They'll probably have the lights on anyway.

On the replay, will Clare snuff out the goal threat with the sweeper or go man for man again with maybe one of the two corner forwards staying closer to goal. Honan looked a bit isolated at times the last day.

I think Clare will need a goal or two the next day.

Plain of the Herbs

The lights were on for the Club All-Ireland Final last March and I didn't hear any complaints.  And johnnycool is right, there will be a fair degree of daylight at that time, unless the day turns out bad.

Asal Mor

Hope ye're right and it's not an issue. I fancy Clare but I'm a bit sore after putting a nice bit on them to win in 70 minutes last time.

Milltown Row2

Oh this game is going to be hard to call, I think Clare will do it but not without putting their fans through torture. Clare played the better hurling and I've no reason that they won't do it again, but can Cork play as bad, I know Clare bossed them for most parts but Cork stuck at it and could have won.

So I'm going for a Clare Clare, half time full time for my bet
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

johnneycool

Talk of Harnedy being injured for Cork, if he is then that'll be a blow to them as he did win a limited amount of ball the last day, something the other half forwards failed to do.. Maybe the introduction of McCarthy to the centre forward berth could help, but living off the scraps they did the last day won't be enough..

Hope Clare win, but its hard to see them having as much possession again, but maybe if they use what they have a bit better and some of their forwards don't ate the lace out of the ball, they'll not need the 25 odd points..

Who knows!

Tony Baloney

I thought after the first match Clare left it behind. Would love them to win but still think Cork by 3 or 4.

Fairhead

Ive been really impressed with Clare this year and how they have played. I thought they might falter against Limerick (Note to self don't fall for Limerick hype in future!) then as the first match approached I thought they can't keep this going so I thought Cork would catch them. However they seem to have got stronger and from all ive seem of them, and read in the papers, they do seem confident in their own ability and relaxed so I think and I hope Clare will do it tomorrow.