Peter Robinson steps down as First Minister!

Started by under the bar, August 16, 2013, 11:33:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

give her dixie

Quote from: ziggysego on May 29, 2014, 02:14:21 PM
Anna Lo has announced she is stepping down from politics at the next Assembly elections.

It was hard watching her on BBC News earlier. Broke down as she now fears Belfast because of the rise of racism and all the verbal abuse she has been receiving.

Well done Peter.

It was hard hearing her speak all right. Robbo and co are directly responsible for the hate campaign against her and her party. Give me Anna and any day over the 100 odd others who do nothing other than line their pockets and treat Stormont as a big ATM machine.
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

armaghniac

Peter Daragh Quinn could run in FST on a pro-partition pro GAA platform.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

orangeman

Anna Lo has announced she is stepping down from politics at the next Assembly elections.

It was hard watching her on BBC News earlier. Broke down as she now fears Belfast because of the rise of racism and all the verbal abuse she has been receiving.

Well done Peter.

I thought she was OTT personally but I'm not privvy to the abuse that she has suffered as a result of her skin colour etc.

Walter Cronc

Shes talking of leaving the north as a result of the racist abuse her and her family have taken. An absolute disgrace which wouldnt be tolerated anywhere else in western society!!

As mentioned Robinson and his cronies have a lot to answer for when it comes to the targetting of Alliance party members/offices!

Muzz

Colin Houston resigns from UUP after suspension

An Ulster Unionist Party member who ran for election last week has resigned from the party after he was suspended.

Colin Houston stood as a candidate in the local elections in Belfast's Oldpark DEA, but he was not elected.

A UUP spokeswoman would not confirm if the disciplinary action it took was due to his recent television appearance.

He was filmed on the BBC's Nolan Show on Wednesday, supporting Belfast pastor James McConnell who had recently made controversial remarks about Islam.

During a recent church service in north Belfast, the pastor described Islam as "heathen" and "satanic" and said he said he did not trust Muslims.

Mr Houston was a member of the audience on the Nolan Show.

During the programme, he was applauded for saying: "The Christians are starting to stand up. We're not having it any more. It's as simple as that."

Mr Houston said the media had "manipulated everything (Pastor McConnell) said".

He went on to say: "Why don't you go to his church for six months and then come out and tell him he's a bigot? He's not a bigot. He's a man of God."

He accused British politician George Galloway, a guest on the programme, of "scare-mongering", and told him to go "away back to Britain".

A UUP spokesperson said on Thursday that Mr Houston had been suspended with immediate effect, "pending an investigation into a number of issues".

She later confirmed that he had resigned.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-27620085

Nally Stand

Well done Peter.

+1 Her interview is here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-27616319

It's just more of the same from Robinson unfortunately. I've said it before and I'll say it again: He is the single biggest threat to peace and stability in Ireland. The flag protest and associated serious violence as well as the licking up to the OO over parades last year and party members appearing on platforms with the UVF are all directly attributed to the DUP whilst under his direction and in particular since losing his seat to Naomi Long.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

AZOffaly

I took a look at the protestant coalition facebook page, and these are the comments on that story. How do these people make comments like this? Ignorant c***ts.

Davie Wilson Only a matter of time before she played this card. This is her 'escape route' from politics.
Like · Reply · 5 · 44 minutes ago

Kylo Ramsey Best news iv heard alday
Like · Reply · 3 · 45 minutes ago

Scotti Rfc Fair ye well Jackie chan
Like · Reply · 6 · 36 minutes ago

Alan Adair Wots Wong way her ha
Like · Reply · 2 · 22 minutes ago

Craig Neill I think a province wide fundraising campaign should be started ad soon as possible to help her get the funds to leave as soon as she can. I would hate to think she was so upset any longer than necessary by the people who are native to this land.
Like · Reply · 2 · 33 minutes ago

Stephen Thompson Hi Ho Hi Ho goodbye anna lo
Like · Reply · 2 · 37 minutes ago

Scott Lonsdale Bye bye Anna lo the paramertories will be happy
Like · Reply · 1 · 16 minutes ago

Alan Mckenzie Well she did pick a fight with the wong people,U onway weep whot U so lol.
Like · Reply · 1 · 19 minutes ago

Ramone Allesandro Bye bye Anna woe
Like · Reply · 1 · 23 minutes ago

Bill Marchant Hope she she quits n Ireland
Like · Reply · 1 · 33 minutes ago

Lynn C Nelson Thank god wish marty and gerry would get the hint there not wanted here
Like · Reply · 1 · 34 minutes ago

Jo Jo Dug her own grave. Drama queen!
Like · Reply · 1 · 41 minutes ago

Jim Ure Was always going to be the case when she caught the republican "offended by everything" virus..
Like · Reply · 3 · 39 minutes ago

Christine Lewis Using this as her excuse to leave politics, she had a disastrous euro election,
Like · Reply · 2 · 38 minutes ago

Ian McNeil Byeeeeeeeeeeeee
Like · Reply · 2 · 44 minutes ago

Caroline Wood Anna lo is not a danger to this country. muslims are a danger because of their law and news and videos that come out of islamic countries !!!
Like · Reply · 3 minutes ago

William Chivers Chinese take-away.
Like · Reply · 3 minutes ago

Neil Leslie Anna lo - Just go!
Like · Reply · 15 minutes ago

Scott Browne Awww well she certainly wont be missed lol am sure we could all help her pack her bags

Justin McIntyre Thank god

Lorraine Montgomery Good buy
Like · Reply · 16 minutes ago

Mandy Mc Dowell Goodbye she wont be missed
Like · Reply · 18 minutes ago

Gary Beattie Anna lo er than a snakes belly good riddance!
Like · Reply · 18 minutes ago

Philip McCann Dam it cant the twat go now.
Like · Reply · 22 minutes ago

Orange Lily She has the freedom to do so but blame it on your own silly moves and please remember to respect the country and its people as we respect your right to leave !! Politics God Bless and all the very best of British to you
Like · Reply · 1 · 25 minutes ago

Norman Connor She is amazing i know nationalist that hate her as much yet she can distinguish the difference between a protestant and a catholic magical woman
Like · Reply · 29 minutes ago

Glen Thompson About time
Like · Reply · 35 minutes ago

Robin Djrvc Clarke Good go on then
Like · Reply · 44 minutes ago

Dusty Edmund shut the door on your way out of northern Ireland good riddance to her
Like · Reply · 13 minutes ago

haveaharp

"I would hate to think she was so upset any longer than necessary by the people who are native to this land"
;D

Walter Cronc

Quote from: haveaharp on May 29, 2014, 04:31:40 PM
"I would hate to think she was so upset any longer than necessary by the people who are native to this land"
;D

That one made me chuckle!

Nally Stand

My own personal favourite was from Lorraine Montgomery:

"Good buy"
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

dec

Quote from: God14 on May 29, 2014, 12:38:57 PM
Get the time warp ready ballinaman!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b044w6mv/the-nolan-show-series-5-episode-5

Does anyone have any tricks for getting around the "available to play in the UK only" restriction. I am in the US.

give her dixie

In the past few years hundreds of millions have been squandered on attempts to show how we have "moved on from the past" and that "were open for business". However, if there is one symbol of the money wasted that best describes Stormont and those in it are the fake shop fronts that are everywhere. We are just fur coat and no knickers. The comments posted above show that no amount of money can paper over the cracks
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

sheamy

Quote from: Nally Stand on May 29, 2014, 04:39:37 PM
My own personal favourite was from Lorraine Montgomery:

"Good buy"

Ah yes, the Montgomerys. Of French origin I think but probably a lowland Scot (Ayrshire).

You have to hand it to James I. He did a quare auld job after a few practice runs.

Au Revoir, Lorraine!

screenexile

Quote from: give her dixie on May 29, 2014, 05:01:23 PM
In the past few years hundreds of millions have been squandered on attempts to show how we have "moved on from the past" and that "were open for business". However, if there is one symbol of the money wasted that best describes Stormont and those in it are the fake shop fronts that are everywhere. We are just fur coat and no knickers. The comments posted above show that no amount of money can paper over the cracks

Mental mental stuff going on in this Country. I'm involved in the Pharmaceutical Industry here exporting to the UK and quite a lot of the main players in that market are Muslim. I'm dreading lifting the phone to them in case they start asking me anything about this shit going on.

Bunch of f**king cavemen and women in this Country can't see past their own wee world!!

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea