So that woman who went missing in Ibiza

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, August 11, 2013, 01:32:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

longballin

Quote from: general_lee on April 04, 2016, 03:49:06 PM
Yet the two most lethal ones are legal...

The girl was/still is a bit stupid in my view, she hasn't gone about this the right way. She should have shunned the opportunity for an interview and waited a while to get back on her feet and then spoke to the press.

As for the pontificating about how drugs ruin lives; this rings true but it also doesn't hide the fact that there are thousands of recreational drug users here in Ireland. In fact go into any nightclub in Belfast or Dublin on any given weekend and you'll prob bump into a few coke users. There's a clear demand in western societies for drugs and the sooner governments give up their losing battle the better.

absolutly.. a lot of the handwringers you can be sure have used some form of illegal drug keeping the mules in a job...

Applesisapples

Quote from: longballin on April 04, 2016, 04:06:05 PM

The girl was/still is a bit stupid in my view, she hasn't gone about this the right way. She should have shunned the opportunity for an interview and waited a while to get back on her feet and then spoke to the press.

As for the pontificating about how drugs ruin lives; this rings true but it also doesn't hide the fact that there are thousands of recreational drug users here in Ireland. In fact go into any nightclub in Belfast or Dublin on any given weekend and you'll prob bump into a few coke users. There's a clear demand in western societies for drugs and the sooner governments give up their losing battle the better.

absolutly.. a lot of the handwringers you can be sure have used some form of illegal drug keeping the mules in a job...
Never used or sold illegal drugs in my life, I am not wringing my hands just voicing my thoughts.

GJL

Quote from: Applesisapples on April 04, 2016, 04:32:32 PM

Never used or sold illegal drugs in my life, I am not wringing my hands just voicing my thoughts.

Do you smoke or drink?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: GJL on April 04, 2016, 04:39:24 PM

Do you smoke or drink?

illegal I think he mentioned ... though being from Armagh I'd say some illegal fuel would be more of a crime
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

GJL

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 04, 2016, 04:42:56 PM

Do you smoke or drink?

illegal I think he mentioned ... though being from Armagh I'd say some illegal fuel would be more of a crime

I know but both of the above cause much more harm than some of the drugs.

Applesisapples

Do you smoke or drink?
They aren't illegal.

longballin

Quote from: Applesisapples on April 04, 2016, 04:48:30 PM

Do you smoke or drink?
They aren't illegal.

thats ok you can nail her... any other takers?  8)

Applesisapples

Quote from: longballin on April 04, 2016, 04:55:36 PM

Do you smoke or drink?
They aren't illegal.

I didn't think I was nailing her, just reserving judgement. Anyone can repent, if she is genuinely remorseful then she won't be cashing in. Though I'd say there would probably be more interest and money in it for Reid given that she is properly British from the main land.

God14

Why is michaella out on parole but the other half of the peru2 not?

Minder

Quote from: gallsman on April 04, 2016, 03:06:22 PM
In America, for example, there are laws known as Son of Sam laws that prevent criminals from profiting from the publicity connected to their crimes.

I'm not sure what the legal framework is in the UK but I'd be surprised if there wasn't something similar.

Forget about what's enshrined in law - do you not find it morally repugnant that someone (righfully) convicted of a crime can/could rake it in from something like selling their story?!

Well said
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Muck Savage

Quote from: God14 on April 04, 2016, 07:52:41 PM
Why is michaella out on parole but the other half of the peru2 not?

The Tyrone one gets out but has to do parole in Peru. The other one could get out but instead of looking to do parole in Peru she is looking to get moved to a UK prison (no parole). So instead the Brits have to spend the money to house her.

imtommygunn

Quote from: Minder on April 04, 2016, 08:46:45 PM
Quote from: gallsman on April 04, 2016, 03:06:22 PM
In America, for example, there are laws known as Son of Sam laws that prevent criminals from profiting from the publicity connected to their crimes.

I'm not sure what the legal framework is in the UK but I'd be surprised if there wasn't something similar.

Forget about what's enshrined in law - do you not find it morally repugnant that someone (righfully) convicted of a crime can/could rake it in from something like selling their story?!

Well said

Precisely gallsman. Wrongdoings deserve punishment not reward. Know nothing about the girl and hope she sorts herself out but really hope she isn't raking it in from this. It's not the way it should be and is no precedent to set to any person young or old.

No wides

Quote from: longballin on April 04, 2016, 04:55:36 PM

Do you smoke or drink?
They aren't illegal.

You fair slipped of your moral high horse, I say again - any interest if she was brutal - answer no!

No wides

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 04, 2016, 04:42:56 PM

Do you smoke or drink?

Some act - So you hate people from Armagh as well as people on benefits and immigrants - no end to your hatred?