Dublin vs Kerry - Sunday September 1st

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, August 05, 2013, 03:35:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildweasel74

And Brolly did bring up the fouling, to kept his tyrone brethen happy

Radda bout yeee

Turning point - cooper kicking cooper to stop him getting in for goal and the ref not issuing the appropriate yellow card and leaving dubs with 15 for rest of game!

Very enjoyable game all the same.

rrhf

Well done the dubs I think they will put it up to mayo.

From the Bunker

Quote from: yellowcard on September 01, 2013, 05:12:21 PM
Tomas O Se deserves a special mention after another brilliant display for about 45 mins but unfortunately like a few other great Kerry stalwarts the body gets to a stage where it won't responds to what the mind wants. Big rebuilding job ahead for Kerry. Mayo will be happy tonight however. The quality of this game is already being seriously overhyped.

Game was riddled with loose marking and mistakes. Reminded me of the AI semi final between Dublin and Mayo in 2006!

Main Street

A good clean match, Kerry were edged out by a superb Dub performance.

Wildweasel74

In hind sight a draw might have been the best result, i think i would have like to see this game again but Dublin have greater depth and Dean Rock made a big different when he came on. The old Kerry team when 4 pts up would have pushed on but the legs werent there, In hindsight, there were maybe a better Team 6/7yrs ago than i thought

trileacman

Kevin was going for goal, it was no shot at a point.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Dont Matter

I feel sorry for the Kerry supporters now, all the junkies will be leering at them and worse. 7 million should have been down to 14 at least, their cynical fouling was disgraceful. At the end of the day it's hard for any team to beat 7 million. Don't think Mayo will have much of a chance either.
'Dublin is not a national problem, it's a national opportunity.'
Peter Quinn

J OGorman

Quote from: Radda bout yeee on September 01, 2013, 05:21:15 PM
Turning point - cooper kicking cooper to stop him getting in for goal and the ref not issuing the appropriate yellow card and leaving dubs with 15 for rest of game!

Very enjoyable game all the same.

He should have seen the line surely...big big call which would have put the dubs under some p

But what a game of football. Was out of breath watching it. Fierce stuff and fair play to both teams and management for it.

Roll on the final now

macdanger2

True but that's balanced by the soft peno in the first half

rrhf

Sure it is. Whilst I agree with brolly about the cynicism in Kerry football. I'm also open minded enough to feel sorry for a team robbed

SouthDublinBro

Quote from: trileacman on September 01, 2013, 05:25:30 PM

This. It was extremely unclassy of Spillane and O'Rourke to suggest otherwise.

J70

Quote from: From the Bunker on September 01, 2013, 05:22:39 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on September 01, 2013, 05:12:21 PM
Tomas O Se deserves a special mention after another brilliant display for about 45 mins but unfortunately like a few other great Kerry stalwarts the body gets to a stage where it won't responds to what the mind wants. Big rebuilding job ahead for Kerry. Mayo will be happy tonight however. The quality of this game is already being seriously overhyped.

Game was riddled with loose marking and mistakes. Reminded me of the AI semi final between Dublin and Mayo in 2006!

I thought McStay's "game of the decade" comment was ridiculous.

We're all aware that Ulster can bring the game to the other extreme, but there is a happy medium. It is possible to have a good intense game with attacking football, superb passing AND good defending. I remember the hype way back in the early 2000s over a Kerry v Galway game (the AI final one?) with lots of loose marking and nice score taking. Perhaps I'm in the minority, but to me it was like watching a challenge match. Nice football and exhibition of the skills are vital, of course, but you have to have the intensity and suspense when you're talking "game of the season/decade" stuff.

J70

Quote from: trileacman on September 01, 2013, 05:25:30 PM

I think only he himself is the only one who knows for sure. Fair or not, it looked like a miskicked point attempt to me. Those who watch him regularly in club football will have a more informed opinion than me, of course. May be one of his little tricks.

J OGorman

Quote from: macdanger2 on September 01, 2013, 05:37:44 PM
True but that's balanced by the soft peno in the first half

Soft? You tackle a man further out the pitch around the neck its a foul and yellow.  No different in the wee square

Dont Matter. .you're some pollution sir

Maybe not the game of the decade, but right up there