Tyrone vs Mayo AISF Semi-Final - August 25th

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, August 03, 2013, 08:45:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyHarp

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 20, 2013, 10:16:42 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on August 20, 2013, 10:13:31 PM

Completely irrelevant with regards to Sunday! Kerry beat you by 9 points in 2011. Is that relevant?

Kerry beat you by 10 points in 2012. Is that relevant?

Absolutely not - that's my point!
That was never a square ball!!

From the Bunker

Quote from: BennyHarp on August 20, 2013, 10:17:55 PM

Completely irrelevant with regards to Sunday! Kerry beat you by 9 points in 2011. Is that relevant?

So you read nothing into results? They basically mean nothing?

ck

Mayo to win by 5 points. I'm expecting a very tight intense affair. I'm also expecting it to be quite open as Mayo pressure out the pitch so I think Stephen O'Neill will get more room than usual and will flourish. I an see Mayo pulling away in last ten. Looking forward to a great game!

Whishtup

Quote from: rrhf on August 20, 2013, 10:14:04 PM
Does Aidan o se get the red card often? I wouldn't have really  thought of him as a dirty player. Tough yes cynical perhaps but dirty no chance.

A friend played for Castlebar-a couple of years ago the two O'Sheas would have been involved in a fair bit of digging according to him but sure ye know what local rivalrys are like-don't know about recently.

muppet

Quote from: Whishtup on August 20, 2013, 10:24:51 PM
Does Aidan o se get the red card often? I wouldn't have really  thought of him as a dirty player. Tough yes cynical perhaps but dirty no chance.

A friend played for Castlebar-a couple of years ago the two O'Sheas would have been involved in a fair bit of digging according to him but sure ye know what local rivalrys are like-don't know about recently.

You seem to be handy with a shovel yourself.
MWWSI 2017

BennyHarp

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 20, 2013, 10:20:01 PM

Tyrone have always struggled against Cork, Mayo struggle against Kerry,  how does this have an impact on a game where Tyrone v Mayo? So to be honest, your analysis based on performances against previous teams over the last few years is irrelevant.

From the Bunker

A friend of mine lived in Castlebar a couple of years ago. The three O'Sheas would have been involved in a fair bit of non showering according to him they were pure dirty.

Aaron Boone

Quote from: Whishtup on August 20, 2013, 10:15:50 PM
Quote from: muppet on August 20, 2013, 10:13:19 PM
Quote from: Whishtup on August 20, 2013, 10:10:24 PM
Quote from: muppet on August 20, 2013, 10:00:51 PM
You think you are Brazil?

Yes

In that case you are in for a close shave on Sunday.

This is fast developing into a 'Brazilian' joke...

Socrates the secret weapon on Sunday, a former multiple All-Ireland winner.

From the Bunker

Quote from: BennyHarp on August 20, 2013, 10:33:25 PM

Tyrone have always struggled against Cork, Mayo struggle against Kerry,  how does this have an impact on a game where Tyrone v Mayo? So to be honest, your analysis based on performances against previous teams over the last few years is irrelevant.

As I said it has been a while since ye have had (what i would call) a big scalp. Teams are measured on when they last won Silverware and then the last big scalp they have had. In your case it has been a while. No shame in that ye took some big scalps and Sliverware when ye were a big gun.

Whishtup

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 20, 2013, 10:35:55 PM

A friend of mine lived in Castlebar a couple of years ago. The three O'Sheas would have been involved in a fair bit of non showering according to him they were pure dirty.

That goes without sayin'. 'tis no wonder ye are swarmed with midges, smell a yis.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Whishtup on August 20, 2013, 10:44:35 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on August 20, 2013, 10:35:55 PM

That goes without sayin'. 'tis no wonder ye are swarmed with midges, smell a yis.

Helps the boys break the tackle as well. Gives new meaning to Dirty play!

Whishtup

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 20, 2013, 10:42:38 PM

As I said it has been a while since ye have had (what i would call) a big scalp. Teams are measured on when they last won Silverware and then the last big scalp they have had. In your case it has been a while. No shame in that ye took some big scalps and Sliverware when ye were a big gun.

Yer still ignoring the fact that this team is drastically changed from last year so the previous team's history is irrelevant.  Last year had that 'flogging a dead horse' feeling alright (although with a fit Sean Cavanagh who knows?)  Not this year.  Blinkered, I tell ye.

Whoever wins, it doesn't take away from the fact that Dublin are the team to beat.

BennyHarp

I agree it has been a while and during a period of transition (also without many key players) we have shipped a few heavy defeats, which hopefully have not left psychological scars that may resurface to cause us problems on Sunday. Also, if (or when) you win some silverware this year you will be able to call yourselves a "big gun" too.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Whishtup on August 20, 2013, 10:50:55 PM

Yer still ignoring the fact that this team is drastically changed from last year so the previous team's history is irrelevant.  Last year had that 'flogging a dead horse' feeling alright (although with a fit Sean Cavanagh who knows?)  Not this year.  Blinkered, I tell ye.

Whoever wins, it doesn't take away from the fact that Dublin are the team to beat.

Yes, but this team already lost their biggest test in the beginning to Donegal by six points. In a game they wanted to win! That is present history! Blinkered, I tell ye.

Whishtup

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 20, 2013, 10:56:53 PM
Quote from: Whishtup on August 20, 2013, 10:50:55 PM

Yes, but this team already lost their biggest test in the beginning to Donegal by six points. In a game they wanted to win! That is present history! Blinkered, I tell ye.

Beating the team that beat Donegal(to stop them claim a 3rd Ulster title) has dispelled any lingering doubt from the Donegal game.  Monaghan were like yerselves, on the crest of a wave, top of the world  and look what happened.  I'm trying to prepare you here...