Tyrone vs Mayo AISF Semi-Final - August 25th

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, August 03, 2013, 08:45:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aaron Boone

I can't erase that Mayo-Donegal first half from my mind. Mayo were simply awesome that day.

Whishtup

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 20, 2013, 08:58:51 PM
We are all hearing that Mayo won't have faced this and Mayo won't have encountered that. But the reality is that Tyrone won't have face anything like Mayo since their Ulster opener against Donegal which they lost by six points.

That was Donegal's all-Ireland and they have been sluggish ever since-psychologically drained.  Imagine playing the biggest match of the year on the first day of the championship against the league finalists?  Donegal were battered against Monaghan and Laois before ye met them and while a very good side, ye haven't proved anything yet.  Tyrone will treat Mayo like they did Offally, Rosommon, Kildare, Meath and Monaghan-each one of those games a potential pitfall, only they will have more in the tank.  We haven't played well and won five games in six weeks.  God help the team who meets us when we play well.  I think that it will be Mayo.       

From the Bunker

Quote from: Whishtup on August 20, 2013, 09:28:40 PM
We are all hearing that Mayo won't have faced this and Mayo won't have encountered that. But the reality is that Tyrone won't have face anything like Mayo since their Ulster opener against Donegal which they lost by six points.

That was Donegal's all-Ireland and they have been sluggish ever since-psychologically drained.  Imagine playing the biggest match of the year on the first day of the championship against the league finalists?  Donegal were battered against Monaghan and Laois before ye met them and while a very good side, ye haven't proved anything yet.  Tyrone will treat Mayo like they did Offally, Rosommon, Kildare, Meath and Monaghan-each one of those games a potential pitfall, only they will have more in the tank.  We haven't played well and won five games in six weeks.  God help the team who meets us when we play well.  I think that it will be Mayo.     

You have to remember that was ye're all-Ireland as well. Ye had two extra competitive games to keep ye sharp going into it! Believe me the Anglo-Celt was Hartes top priority this year. He would have seen it as the easiest way to win silverware. So that made two of ye that were up for it and ye lost by six points.

You also have to remember it has been a while since Tyrone have beaten, Dublin, Kerry, Cork or Donegal in Championship. They just are not the force of 5 years ago!

muppet

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 20, 2013, 09:35:15 PM

You have to remember that was ye're all-Ireland as well. Ye had two extra competitive games to keep ye sharp going into it! Believe me the Anglo-Celt was Hartes top priority this year. He would have seen it as the easiest way to win silverware. So that made two of ye that were up for it and ye lost by six points.

You also have to remember it has been a while since Tyrone have beaten, Dublin, Kerry, Cork or Donegal in Championship. They just are not the force of 5 years ago!

I don't there is any point discussing with this man. He is only looking at one team and you won't change his mind.

Must have Ros connections.
MWWSI 2017

Whishtup

To come back from that game like we have done is testament to what Mickey Harte's top priority is every year.  Provincial titles are priority (safety net) for teams who haven't won the Sam Maguire in recent times..... :o
I think that 5 years ago and even last year is irrelevant when you look at how football has evolved and the amount of retirees and new faces are in the squad.  Brazil aren't the team they were in the 70's but could still go out and hammer a team in the semi-final of the World Cup! 
I am surprised how little respect Mayo are giving Tyrone-take the blinkers off! 

muppet

Quote from: Whishtup on August 20, 2013, 09:59:13 PM

To come back from that game like we have done is testament to what Mickey Harte's top priority is every year.  Provincial titles are priority (safety net) for teams who haven't won the Sam Maguire in recent times..... :o
I think that 5 years ago and even last year is irrelevant when you look at how football has evolved and the amount of retirees and new faces are in the squad.  Brazil aren't the team they were in the 70's but could still go out and hammer a team in the semi-final of the World Cup! 

You think you are Brazil?
MWWSI 2017

BennyHarp

Just to point out..... Mayo isn't any of these four counties and the big difference is that these counties have won recent All Irelands.
That was never a square ball!!

muppet

Quote from: BennyHarp on August 20, 2013, 10:01:38 PM

Just to point out..... Mayo isn't any of these four counties and the big difference is that these counties have won recent All Irelands.

Do you think Mayo supporters have somehow missed this? And of course need to point it out?? Even though it appears on every news article and every thread???
MWWSI 2017

From the Bunker

I never said we are were in with this bunch? But we have beaten 3 of the 4 named in the last 2 and a bit years, ye have not.

Whishtup

Quote from: muppet on August 20, 2013, 10:00:51 PM
Quote from: Whishtup on August 20, 2013, 09:59:13 PM

You think you are Brazil?

Yes

muppet

MWWSI 2017

BennyHarp

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 20, 2013, 10:07:51 PM

I never said we are were in with this bunch? But we have beaten 3 of the 4 named in the last 2 and a bit years, ye have not.

Completely irrelevant with regards to Sunday! Kerry beat you by 9 points in 2011. Is that relevant?
That was never a square ball!!

rrhf

Does Aidan o se get the red card often? I wouldn't have really  thought of him as a dirty player. Tough yes cynical perhaps but dirty no chance.

Whishtup

From the Bunker

Quote from: BennyHarp on August 20, 2013, 10:13:31 PM

Completely irrelevant with regards to Sunday! Kerry beat you by 9 points in 2011. Is that relevant?

Kerry beat you by 10 points in 2012. Is that relevant?