Tyrone vs Mayo AISF Semi-Final - August 25th

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, August 03, 2013, 08:45:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BluestackBoy

It's all falling into place for Mayo. The last time things went so well for someone was when God parted the Red Sea & let your man Moses lead his people through when it looked like they were going to get a thumping from the Egyptians.
For what shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world & loses his soul.

screenexile

It's pretty clear that he struck and I thought at the time him and Penrose should both go.

Having said that this 'retrospective' looking at isolated incidents isn't properly legislated and you can't be picking one incident and not another when clearly there have been incidents throughout the year in both hurling and football that could have resulted in bans when looking back on them.

I won't lose any sleep if the ban sticks because he deserves it but we don't have the system in place to do this properly and across the board yet!

Syferus

Quote from: muppet on August 14, 2013, 05:13:22 AM
Crazy as it sounds, I agree with the lads who say he pushed Mone's hand away and it looked like a punch.

Gormley and Tyrone are unlucky in this case. Saying Gormley has form (I would guess with just about every big county) is irrelevant as each case has to be dealt with on its own merits.

We tackle aggressively and could easily lose a man for a big game this way. If this happened to us we would not be happy.

Pretty sure going Rocky Balboa on other players isn't Mayo or even Tyrone's definition of 'aggressive tackling', Mupp. If this happens to Mayo all the blame should fall on the player and no one else.

Both teams are controlled in their cynical play, probably two of the top three at it. What Gormley did was anything but controlled.

Hopefully the ban is increased in the result of a failed appeal, one of the worst things in the sport is all the frivolous appeals that go unpunished.

sheamy

cluaineois

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 14, 2013, 09:48:21 AM

• Mone came racing over (completely needlessly), and went through Gormley to get whinging and bleating at the ref
  • Gormley wasn't too happy about that (would you be?), and in a controlled fashion pushed Mone's flailing arms right back at him; his fist appeared to be closed at the end of that manoeuvre simply because of the grip he had of Mone's arm
  • Mone didn't flinch, in stark contradistinction to moments later and his pathetic simulation after Penrose caught him on the shoulder
  • The red mist descended on Penrose and he had to walk, not so with Gormley
  • Can someone point me to the new rule that states it's possible for person A to strike person B with a part of person B's own body (even though it was a push, albeit a forceful push)?
  • What have the CCC discerned that the officials missed, with Gormley, since it happened right under the officials' noses?
  • Why has it taken one whole week for the CCC to issue their sanction (they viewed the 'evidence' on Tuesday 6th August, if I'm not mistaken)?
  • Some of the viewers (hereon) of that video clip could do with a visit to Specsavers!  :P

Think you have been sitting up late at night readin old R.U.C. reports of incidents.
once your a clone your never alone

squire_in_navy_slacks

rodney trotter

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 14, 2013, 12:28:25 AM
Quote from: rodney trotter on August 14, 2013, 12:22:51 AM
It wasn't even a talking point by any of the Kerry fans at the game. Did they discuss it in the Sunday Game?, or again Am I being totally irrelevant?. If they did a ban might happen, if not, then didn't think it was big deal.

Gormely acts the hard man all the time , its not about being selective. its about him being stupid and not having the cop on to control  his temper.

The Sunday Game (or Kerry fans) is not the sole arbiter of the CCC's regulatory jurisdiction, it's not even an arbiter.

Again, tell me what the CCC have picked up on that the the officials both missed, since whatever Gormley did was right under their noses?

No idea, maybe the ref bottled it and only had the courage to send Penrose off. Big decision at the start of the second half. It was easier to review over all on CCC.

BluestackBoy

Quote from: rodney trotter on August 14, 2013, 10:26:46 AM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 14, 2013, 12:28:25 AM
Quote from: rodney trotter on August 14, 2013, 12:22:51 AM
It wasn't even a talking point by any of the Kerry fans at the game. Did they discuss it in the Sunday Game?, or again Am I being totally irrelevant?. If they did a ban might happen, if not, then didn't think it was big deal.

Gormely acts the hard man all the time , its not about being selective. its about him being stupid and not having the cop on to control  his temper.

The Sunday Game (or Kerry fans) is not the sole arbiter of the CCC's regulatory jurisdiction, it's not even an arbiter.

Again, tell me what the CCC have picked up on that the the officials both missed, since whatever Gormley did was right under their noses?

No idea, maybe the ref bottled it and only had the courage to send Penrose off. Big decision at the start of the second half. It was easier to review over all on CCC.

I would agree with that.
For what shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world & loses his soul.

Hardy

Quote from: sheamy on August 14, 2013, 10:20:45 AM
Dessie Mone must have been watching this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5rspuum4kY

HaHa. That's brilliant. I haven't seen anything like that since 1996.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Even though the Gormley incident occurred first? He bottled nothing, he saw no strike, because there actually was no strike.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

nothingbettertobeat

Tyrone will beat Mayo.
Conor Gormley or no Conor Gormley.
For the Simple reason its getting close to the 3rd Sunday in September and them Mayo lads will be oozing from the anus.
Tyrone to win by 1/2 pts, We should just let Mayo at it in the semi final on their own there normally the masters of their own undoing at that time of the year.
If you were to tell me at the start of the year that Tyrone were to avoid Dublin Kerry Cork before the All Ireland Final id have bit your arm of for that route, and Tyrone squad know that more than anyone at this stage they had the favorable draw at this stage.
If Mickey Harte can get this current Tyrone side to an All Ireland Final on top of their National League final appearance il take my hat of to him id be more fearful of Dublin and Kerry than i would of Mayo.
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't."

rodney trotter

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 14, 2013, 10:38:50 AM

Even though the Gormley incident occurred first? He bottled nothing, he saw no strike, because there actually was no strike.

Maybe the ref was amazed Gormley would try something so daft in front of him, and gave him the benefit of the doubt.?Then Penrose tried it and walked

Tubberman

Quote from: nothingbettertobeat on August 14, 2013, 10:39:24 AM
Tyrone will beat Mayo.
Conor Gormley or no Conor Gormley.
For the Simple reason its getting close to the 3rd Sunday in September and them Mayo lads will be oozing from the anus.
Tyrone to win by 1/2 pts, We should just let Mayo at it in the semi final there normally the masters of their own undoing at that too.
If you were to tell me at the start of the year that Tyrone were to avoid Dublin Kerry Cork before the All Ireland Final id have bit your arm of for that route, and Tyrone squad know that more than anyone at this stage they had the favorable draw at this stage.
If Mickey Harte can get this current Tyrone side to an All Ireland Final on top of their National League final appearance il take my hat of to him id be more fearful of Dublin and Kerry than i would of Mayo.

Ah Logie, you're very welcome to the board! :)
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."