Tyrone vs Mayo AISF Semi-Final - August 25th

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, August 03, 2013, 08:45:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyHarp

Quote from: spuds on August 14, 2013, 09:32:03 AM
Would rather Tyrone have a full compliment and both teams go at it full tilt but Gormley knows exactly what he is doing here. You cannot grab Mone with the same hand you finish the movement with boxing his face with a closed fist. The linesman sees it all running in the little eejit.
The face on O'Neill is hilarious, oblivious to it all.

This is exactly the point - the linesman saw it and didn't feel it warranted any action. What have the CCC saw that was different?
That was never a square ball!!

spuds

Quote from: BennyHarp on August 14, 2013, 09:35:10 AM
Would rather Tyrone have a full compliment and both teams go at it full tilt but Gormley knows exactly what he is doing here. You cannot grab Mone with the same hand you finish the movement with boxing his face with a closed fist. The linesman sees it all running in the little eejit.

This is exactly the point - the linesman saw it and didn't feel it warranted any action. What have the CCC saw that was different?
A punch to the face that was not dealt with at the time.
A strike regardless of damage carries a penalty.
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

yellowcard

Gormley is one of those characters that is hard to like but is probably one of Tyrones 3 most important players even still. In this situation I think it is extremely harsh though and I would be surprised if its not overturned on appeal. The CCC must have decided they had seen little action this summer and needed to flex their muscles.

Fear ón Srath Bán

• Mone came racing over (completely needlessly), and went through Gormley to get whinging and bleating at the ref
  • Gormley wasn't too happy about that (would you be?), and in a controlled fashion pushed Mone's flailing arms right back at him; his fist appeared to be closed at the end of that manoeuvre simply because of the grip he had of Mone's arm
  • Mone didn't flinch, in stark contradistinction to moments later and his pathetic simulation after Penrose caught him on the shoulder
  • The red mist descended on Penrose and he had to walk, not so with Gormley
  • Can someone point me to the new rule that states it's possible for person A to strike person B with a part of person B's own body (even though it was a push, albeit a forceful push)?
  • What have the CCC discerned that the officials missed, with Gormley, since it happened right under the officials' noses?
  • Why has it taken one whole week for the CCC to issue their sanction (they viewed the 'evidence' on Tuesday 6th August, if I'm not mistaken)?
  • Some of the viewers (hereon) of that video clip could do with a visit to Specsavers!  :P

Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: lenny on August 14, 2013, 09:29:17 AM
Quote from: BennyHarp on August 14, 2013, 09:25:34 AM
Why did Mone not go away clutching his face after the Gormley incident as this seems to be his standard reaction to being punched?

Mone did not feign injury in this case. He was clearly punched twice. For tyrone people to complain about play acting is pretty pathetic given the antics of cavanagh, gormley et al.
Penrose shoved Mone on the shoulder , after a delay,Mone turned around holding his face.
he certainly feigned injury.
Not defending Penroses stupidity for getting involved , but Mone made alot of it.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

sheamy

Conor was taken to a house in Eskragh. He was told that if he didn't box Dessie Mone in the face with his own hand (most annoying thing ever), his family would be forced to transfer to Errigal Ciarán. Under duress, Conor agreed. He  had his phone taken off him, no access to facebook, and was transferred to Sligo where he toured Strandhill. It is here he met Martin Penrose for the first time. Martin has a similar story having been abucted to Carrickmore in the first place from Aghyaran. He also acted under duress. The pair then travelled together to Carton House where they met with the Tyrone team. The men were spotted acting suspiciously at half time in the All-Ireland quarter final and detained by the CCC. They appear relaxed, in good health and are confident the services of a high profile barrister will set them free.

BennyHarp

Quote from: spuds on August 14, 2013, 09:39:37 AM
Quote from: BennyHarp on August 14, 2013, 09:35:10 AM

A punch to the face that was not dealt with at the time.
A strike regardless of damage carries a penalty.

But it was carried out straight in front of an official and according to people on here was a blatant punch so why wasn't it dealt with at the time? Did they think, ah sure, we'll let the CCC deal with that one or maybe they thought, it was just a push in the heat of the moment that can't be construed as a punch unless you have a personal dislike of the player (like most on here) or are following a media led agenda (like CCC)
That was never a square ball!!

squire_in_navy_slacks

This has been a long time coming for Gormley imo.............................however hes the type of lad you would like in the trenches with you and Id rather see him on the park against Mayo..................hope he appeals and gets it over turned

Mayos cards really falling into place for them though........................jesus if Horan could just loose that hat though

spuds

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 14, 2013, 09:48:21 AM

• Mone came racing over (completely needlessly), and went through Gormley to get whinging and bleating at the ref
  • Gormley wasn't too happy about that (would you be?), and in a controlled fashion pushed Mone's flailing arms right back at him; his fist appeared to be closed at the end of that manoeuvre simply because of the grip he had of Mone's arm
[/b]
  • Mone didn't flinch, in stark contradistinction to moments later and his pathetic simulation after Penrose caught him on the shoulder
  • The red mist descended on Penrose and he had to walk, not so with Gormley
  • Can someone point me to the new rule that states it's possible for person A to strike person B with a part of person B's own body (even though it was a push, albeit a forceful push)?
  • What have the CCC discerned that the officials missed, with Gormley, since it happened right under the officials' noses?
  • Why has it taken one whole week for the CCC to issue their sanction (they viewed the 'evidence' on Tuesday 6th August, if I'm not mistaken)?
  • Some of the viewers (hereon) of that video clip could do with a visit to Specsavers!  :P
In a controlled fashion no less  :D
John Hubbard

Tubberman

Time for Mayo posters to sit back and watch for a change!
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

ONeill

Any chance ye Mayo buckos would loan us Cora Staunton?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

spuds

Quote from: Tubberman on August 14, 2013, 09:57:21 AM
The sheer arrogance of them Tyrone lads saying that they will get Gormley off regardless.
John Hubbard

Tubberman

Quote from: spuds on August 14, 2013, 09:58:21 AM
Quote from: Tubberman on August 14, 2013, 09:57:21 AM
The sheer arrogance of them Tyrone lads saying that they will get Gormley off regardless.

They'll be happy enough to have himself and Penrose back for the final sure.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

J OGorman

As Gormley struck wee Dessie, Statham style, Dooher went to ground clutching his face (mon Brian, get up lad, you're retired now)

This thread is good craic