Tyrone vs Mayo AISF Semi-Final - August 25th

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, August 03, 2013, 08:45:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farrandeelin

Quote from: orangeman on August 10, 2013, 12:21:40 PM
Although highly unlikely, it will make for interesting times if Tyrone were to incredibly beat Mayo in the semi final.

There'd be some scattering match then.

Oh please...stop, the 'cute Tyrone hoor' doesn't sound the same.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Syferus

Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 10, 2013, 01:06:16 PM
Quote from: orangeman on August 10, 2013, 12:21:40 PM
Although highly unlikely, it will make for interesting times if Tyrone were to incredibly beat Mayo in the semi final.

There'd be some scattering match then.

Oh please...stop, the 'cute Tyrone hoor' doesn't sound the same.

Glad you called someone named 'orangeman' a cute Tyrone hoor.

Typical Mayo arrogance.

ONeill

Just back from Mayo. Nice animals. Absolutely every local I spoke to dismissed Tyrone's chances of overturning their heroes. They're probably right.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: ONeill on August 10, 2013, 03:47:23 PM
Just back from Mayo. Nice animals. Absolutely every local I spoke to dismissed Tyrone's chances of overturning their heroes. They're probably right.

Sickening, sickening arrogance!  ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

From the Bunker

ah, they seen you coming O'Neill! Tried to get your wind up. Sure how could a county like mine think such a thing and our record in Croke Park? Playing silly beggars if you ask me?

Have to say I hate the way the build up to this game has Tyrone labelled as the baddies! We had a similar label put on us going into the AI final and by Brolly as well last year. The personal attack on Cavanagh was uncalled for and for a professional pundit to indulge in such a rant on an amateur player was uncalled for. Was there a similar rant about McGees stamp on Varley? No! (Not that I'm encouraging one). Instead of RTE being ashamed of the behaviour of Joe Brolly they continued to promote his tirade on TSG on Sunday night and various radio stations during the week. It has become a Circus and even the Apology added to it being news to the weekend.

ONeill

I never told them where I was from. Even Meath men were agreeing.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

neilthemac

drove through Mayo for the last 2/3 days.

the county is actually quite subdued, compared to normal. no painted cars. every house wasn't covered in flags.
even the sports headline in the local paper was cautionary

"It is time to be cautious but optimistic"

orangeman

Quote from: neilthemac on August 10, 2013, 04:32:59 PM

the county is actually quite subdued, compared to normal. no painted cars. every house wasn't covered in flags.

Wait to you see what it's like when they bate Tyrone and get into the final.

There'll not a cow or sheep safe !

Hardy

Quote from: ONeill on August 10, 2013, 04:24:19 PM

We like winding up Mayo people. We like winding up Tyrone people.

Farrandeelin

Definitely don't buy this 'cute Tyrone hoor' stuff from you of all people ONeill!
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Syferus

Quote from: neilthemac on August 10, 2013, 04:32:59 PM

I think you accidentally drove through a warp hole and ended up in an alternate timeline. The Mayo I've been living beside (not in, Lar) is hopped up like a kid on too much candy.

People should learn to love the hype.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Hardy on August 10, 2013, 04:43:59 PM

Agreed on both counts but, like Delaney's dog ,yer good at giving but not so hot when it comes to taking same.

That reminds me; anyone seen Jinxsy lately? ;D
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Captain Obvious

Was talking to a group of Mayo supporters today and all of them have hotels booked for the All Ireland final weekend. I asked them will they go if Tyrone win? they found that reply very humorous.

Hardy

Quote from: Lar Naparka on August 10, 2013, 04:57:36 PM
Quote from: Hardy on August 10, 2013, 04:43:59 PM

Agreed on both counts but, like Delaney's dog ,yer good at giving but not so hot when it comes to taking same.

That reminds me; anyone seen Jinxsy lately? ;D

Whaaa? What have I failed to take?

rrhf

The country has mayo backed here.  It's simply a question of what you have them at.  Could this be the most one sided semi final in 3 decades, are mayo still 9/4 for Sam. Might have a bit of that _ the talk is that that's quality odds. I feel that it's more than just a battle between 2 midfielders who can't tackle.