Tyrone vs Mayo AISF Semi-Final - August 25th

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, August 03, 2013, 08:45:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Quote from: neilthemac on August 10, 2013, 04:32:59 PM
drove through Mayo for the last 2/3 days.

the county is actually quite subdued, compared to normal. no painted cars. every house wasn't covered in flags.
even the sports headline in the local paper was cautionary

"It is time to be cautious but optimistic"

Dunno what part you were in. Every house I saw had the red and green drippin from the rafters. The AI is as good as won was the feeling.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Farrandeelin

Only the sister's car flag up in Farrandeelin. You must have missed us o. your travels!
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Captain Obvious on August 10, 2013, 04:59:44 PM
Was talking to a group of Mayo supporters today and all of them have hotels booked for the All Ireland final weekend. I asked them will they go if Tyrone win? they found that reply very humorous.

Ah, they are only cute hoors they will sell them rooms on at a profit when the time comes. They were laughing at you because they now you are one of their potential customers! Cute hoors here in Mayo, Eh?

Crete Boom

Quote from: Hardy on August 10, 2013, 04:43:59 PM
Quote from: ONeill on August 10, 2013, 04:24:19 PM
I never told them where I was from. Even Meath men were agreeing.

We like winding up Mayo people. We like winding up Tyrone people.

We like that nice farmland you have up there I heard there might be some going for free.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 10, 2013, 06:24:15 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on August 10, 2013, 04:59:44 PM
Was talking to a group of Mayo supporters today and all of them have hotels booked for the All Ireland final weekend. I asked them will they go if Tyrone win? they found that reply very humorous.

Ah, they are only cute hoors they will sell them rooms on at a profit when the time comes. They were laughing at you because they now you are one of their potential customers! Cute hoors here in Mayo, Eh?
Maybe them "cute hoors" were just having him on.
Any lad won't didn't cop on straightaway that to get to a final you have to win a semi first, mightn't realise that they were just winding him up. ;D
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Hardy on August 10, 2013, 05:03:35 PM
Quote from: Lar Naparka on August 10, 2013, 04:57:36 PM

Agreed on both counts but, like Delaney's dog ,yer good at giving but not so hot when it comes to taking same.

That reminds me; anyone seen Jinxsy lately? ;D

Whaaa? What have I failed to take?

And "whaaa" to you also. ;D
Joe Sheridan's dive into the annals of folklore comes to mind.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Crete Boom

Quote from: ONeill on August 10, 2013, 05:32:02 PM

the county is actually quite subdued, compared to normal. no painted cars. every house wasn't covered in flags.

Dunno what part you were in. Every house I saw had the red and green drippin from the rafters. The AI is as good as won was the feeling.

All we need now is a t-shirt and maybe a few banners saying something like unfinished business or another phrase to that effect ;)

sans pessimism

WHAT!!!!who da hell let Meath men into Gods country
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

Kimbap

Quote from: ONeill on August 10, 2013, 05:32:02 PM

Jeez,the Tyrone version of cute hoorism is a shambles.Down to Kerry with ya on your holidays and brush up on it.

ONeill

Not a word a lie.

I says to them 'I suppose you'll need to watch Cavanagh'.

Says one "O'Shea will teach the Cavanaghs what midfield play is all about, and that's just at the throw in".

To be honest I found the total belief endearing. I said I hoped they didn't let that unwavering confidence seep through to the players. Says one "listen, bucko, we'd beat the pick of Tyrone and the rest of Ulster and the whest."

Quote from: rrhf on August 10, 2013, 05:24:54 PM
The country has mayo backed here.  It's simply a question of what you have them at.  Could this be the most one sided semi final in 3 decades, are mayo still 9/4 for Sam. Might have a bit of that _ the talk is that that's quality odds. I feel that it's more than just a battle between 2 midfielders who can't tackle.

What is the handicap?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Hardy

Quote from: Lar Naparka on August 10, 2013, 06:38:50 PM
Quote from: Hardy on August 10, 2013, 05:03:35 PM
Quote from: Lar Naparka on August 10, 2013, 04:57:36 PM

Agreed on both counts but, like Delaney's dog ,yer good at giving but not so hot when it comes to taking same.

That reminds me; anyone seen Jinxsy lately? ;D

Whaaa? What have I failed to take?

And "whaaa" to you also. ;D
Joe Sheridan's dive into the annals of folklore comes to mind.

Dive? Ref gave a penalty.

muppet

Quote from: ONeill on August 10, 2013, 08:04:23 PM
Not a word a lie.

Says one "O'Shea will teach the Cavanaghs what midfield play is all about, and that's just at the throw in".

To be honest I found the total belief endearing. I said I hoped they didn't let that unwavering confidence seep through to the players. Says one "listen, bucko, we'd beat the pick of Tyrone and the rest of Ulster and the whest."

The country has mayo backed here.  It's simply a question of what you have them at.  Could this be the most one sided semi final in 3 decades, are mayo still 9/4 for Sam. Might have a bit of that _ the talk is that that's quality odds. I feel that it's more than just a battle between 2 midfielders who can't tackle.

What is the handicap?

Arrogance and victimhood all in one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqoltLJbyrQ
MWWSI 2017

From the Bunker

Quote from: muppet on August 10, 2013, 08:39:21 PM
Not a word a lie.

What is the handicap?

Arrogance and victimhood all in one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqoltLJbyrQ

Looked at that last week. Made me laugh. He knocked out all the cliches. Mayo implode in Croker. Mayo had a poor League. Mayo have played no one. Will he be giving a preview for the semi final? I'm really looking forward to that one.

Crete Boom

Not a word a lie.

What is the handicap?

In fairness to O'Niell he makes about as much sense in his posts on here as he did in that youtube video ;D

Fear ón Srath Bán

Arrogance and victimhood allin one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqoltLJbyrQ

Leave the Mayo-Donegal game out of this! ;)

Not a word a lie.

Sickening, sickening arrogance! ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...