Jim is worried....

Started by EC Unique, July 28, 2013, 06:58:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Quote from: sans pessimism on August 12, 2013, 09:03:51 PM
Quote from: ck on August 12, 2013, 08:05:20 PM
Quote from: Saffrongael on August 12, 2013, 07:15:18 PM
Quote from: ck on August 12, 2013, 07:03:08 PM
Welcome back BluestackBoy. I thought u were away trying to get some media training for Jimmy.  :P
So what's the word inDonegal will Jimmy stay on? I'm hearing his wife is expecting twins which will leave him with 5 kids under 5?! He must be on some coin with Donegal and/or Celtic to be able to manage all that.
Anyway I'll not gloat. I'm sure it was a horrendous match to watch. And now the media backlash led by yesterday's Sunday world can't make pleasant reading.

What was in Sunday World ?

I didnt see it but heard about it, Roy Curtis wrote a stinging article calling Jimmy a fraud, a spin doctor, the mask has slipped, something along those lines. Curtis would be a tabloid journo who is well known for slinging mud when people are down.
Roy fukn Curtis -Ya, people will hang on his every word ....
Was introduced to him by a mutual friend at the all-stars do in 2011
and found him to be an ignorant f**ker,talking about GAA as if he knew something about it

Hold de horses lads - I was about to induct said article. It'll be up momentarily.

BluestackBoy

Quote from: armaghniac on August 12, 2013, 09:23:16 PM
I wonder will the Donegal team be interested in the meteorites today, that briefly shine brightly and then fall to earth, spent.

Better to shine bright briefly than never to shine at all ;D ;D
For what shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world & loses his soul.

BluestackBoy

Quote from: Maguire01 on August 12, 2013, 07:34:06 PM
Quote from: BluestackBoy on August 12, 2013, 01:50:40 PM
Quote from: orangeman on August 12, 2013, 01:46:29 PM
Quote from: BluestackBoy on August 12, 2013, 11:55:20 AM
It wasn't the easiest experience as I'm sure you can appreciate, but once it became obvious that Mayo were in a different class I just sat back & tried to enjoy it best I could. Mayo were just fabulous from 1 - 15 & they have obviously come a long way since last year.
I was also glad to see McGuinness & Horan shaking hands afterwards & Horan's generous comments were welcome. Donegal & Mayo as counties have too much in common for there to be bad feeling.
Less welcome was McGee's stamp, which was a disgrace, no other words for it. It is bad enough to get a beating but the least a player should be able to do is take it like a man.

Was there genuine bad blood between the pair of them after last year's defeat and the mind games of this year or was it more for show than anything else ?

You seem to imply that it was for real ?.

Rory Gallagher's references to "collusion" & James Horan's reference to "Mr McGuinness" seemed to indicate an edge between the camps. I don't think it was a big deal but others were making it out to be a problem and it was good to see it being put to bed.
Are we now agreed that collusion, in this case, was indeed an illusion?

God no we don'yt agree on that at all. Word up here has it that MI5, the CIA, Mossad & St Vincent de Paul were all involved. Disgraceful >:( >:( >:(
For what shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world & loses his soul.