Jim is worried....

Started by EC Unique, July 28, 2013, 06:58:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J OGorman

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on August 08, 2013, 11:39:30 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on August 08, 2013, 09:14:19 PM
Where is BluestackBoy? Seems to have vanished since the weekend.

A word of advice from someone who has seen both sides....

One of the most distasteful things about this board is the way lads pile in after their team wins.
Its bad form. Its why I have such a low opinion of Northerners.
My view is that you front up before the game and, if you lose, you front up after the game.

If you win you say nothing negative for a couple of weeks. After that you are entitled
to put the the boot into those that are deserving.

Wait till you've actually won the AI. After that, if you are anyway decent, the last thing you will want to do is
rub it in.

Poetry. Though Bluestack is a southerner ;-)

Kimbap

One of the most distasteful things about this board is the way lads pile in after their team wins.
My view is that you front up before the game and, if you lose, you front up after the game.

If you win you say nothing negative for a couple of weeks. After that you are entitled

Wait till you've actually won the AI. After that, if you are anyway decent, the last thing you will want to do is
rub it in.

I agree,thats fair enough but if you come on spouting rubbish and winding people up and then are too cowardly to come on after and take your slagging,admit you got it wrong etc, then that is a different thing.Bluestack boy is a good example of this.

tyssam5

Was surprised to see McHugh out playing at the weekend. According to Dr Jim's diagnosis he has about 4 serious injuries, including that qwwwwaaad tear.

Wildweasel74

if he had the damage that had been stated he would not have been fit to play last sunday

From the Bunker

rub it in.

Don't you be worried about poor Bluestack, Mike Sheehy! He talked the talk for a week like his Manager (and his side kick Rory). Good old Rory was like a six year old boy running on the field to Mammy last week any time a player went down injured last Sunday. You open your mouth wide enough you are going to get flies.

BluestackBoy

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 10, 2013, 04:22:40 PM

rub it in.

Don't you be worried about poor Bluestack, Mike Sheehy! He talked the talk for a week like his Manager (and his side kick Rory). Good old Rory was like a six year old boy running on the field to Mammy last week any time a player went down injured last Sunday. You open your mouth wide enough you are going to get flies.

Hi fellas, your concern for my well being is noted & much appreciated!!

After having our arses handed to us on a plate by Mayo Mrs Bluestack decided that a wee holiday without phone or laptop was in order to get me back to my chipper old self. Just got back last night & to see all my friends on GAAboard expressing concern & good wishes is heartwarming in the extreme.

Yes a certain amount od re-evaluating is going on here at the moment & initial sentiments would be that our squad is too small to cope with the number of walking wounded we had. Whether the players are there to come in or not the winter will tell.

I thought Mayo were fantastic against us & if they can keep that level of performance up they will take all the beating. The only thing is Mayo being Mayo you never do know.

As for Jim, rest assured I am still a big admirer of his & will defend him against calumny, backstabbing, slander & other all other nefarious activities.

Good to be back ;D ;D ;D
For what shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world & loses his soul.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: BluestackBoy on August 12, 2013, 11:31:15 AM

rub it in.

After having our arses handed to us on a plate by Mayo Mrs Bluestack decided that a wee holiday without phone or laptop was in order to get me back to my chipper old self. Just got back last night & to see all my friends on GAAboard expressing concern & good wishes is heartwarming in the extreme.

Yes a certain amount od re-evaluating is going on here at the moment & initial sentiments would be that our squad is too small to cope with the number of walking wounded we had. Whether the players are there to come in or not the winter will tell.

I thought Mayo were fantastic against us & if they can keep that level of performance up they will take all the beating. The only thing is Mayo being Mayo you never do know.

As for Jim, rest assured I am still a big admirer of his & will defend him against calumny, backstabbing, slander & other all other nefarious activities.

Good to be back ;D ;D ;D

Bejaney, you've set yourself some task.
The entire population of Donegal will take some watching! ;D
But that aside, it's good to see you are still around.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Syferus

Quote from: Lar Naparka on August 12, 2013, 11:39:59 AM

rub it in.

Good to be back ;D ;D ;D

Were you afraid he had a heart attack after the massacre?!

BluestackBoy

It wasn't the easiest experience as I'm sure you can appreciate, but once it became obvious that Mayo were in a different class I just sat back & tried to enjoy it best I could. Mayo were just fabulous from 1 - 15 & they have obviously come a long way since last year.
I was also glad to see McGuinness & Horan shaking hands afterwards & Horan's generous comments were welcome. Donegal & Mayo as counties have too much in common for there to be bad feeling.
Less welcome was McGee's stamp, which was a disgrace, no other words for it. It is bad enough to get a beating but the least a player should be able to do is take it like a man.

LeoMc

Quote from: Syferus on August 12, 2013, 11:44:35 AM
Quote from: Lar Naparka on August 12, 2013, 11:39:59 AM

rub it in.

Good to be back ;D ;D ;D

Were you afraid he had a heart attack after the massacre?!

After so long out of contact we were just worried he was in Peru.

BluestackBoy

Haha, nothing so exotic. Went out to the Aran Islands, magical place where the troubles of the world seem very far away

orangeman

Quote from: BluestackBoy on August 12, 2013, 11:55:20 AM
It wasn't the easiest experience as I'm sure you can appreciate, but once it became obvious that Mayo were in a different class I just sat back & tried to enjoy it best I could. Mayo were just fabulous from 1 - 15 & they have obviously come a long way since last year.
I was also glad to see McGuinness & Horan shaking hands afterwards & Horan's generous comments were welcome. Donegal & Mayo as counties have too much in common for there to be bad feeling.
Less welcome was McGee's stamp, which was a disgrace, no other words for it. It is bad enough to get a beating but the least a player should be able to do is take it like a man.

Was there genuine bad blood between the pair of them after last year's defeat and the mind games of this year or was it more for show than anything else ?

You seem to imply that it was for real ?.

BluestackBoy

Quote from: orangeman on August 12, 2013, 01:46:29 PM

Was there genuine bad blood between the pair of them after last year's defeat and the mind games of this year or was it more for show than anything else ?

Rory Gallagher's references to "collusion" & James Horan's reference to "Mr McGuinness" seemed to indicate an edge between the camps. I don't think it was a big deal but others were making it out to be a problem and it was good to see it being put to bed.

Syferus

Quote from: BluestackBoy on August 12, 2013, 01:50:40 PM

Rory Gallagher's references to "collusion" & James Horan's reference to "Mr McGuinness" seemed to indicate an edge between the camps. I don't think it was a big deal but others were making it out to be a problem and it was good to see it being put to bed.

..until next year. TBC.

orangeman

Quote from: Syferus on August 12, 2013, 02:18:47 PM
Quote from: BluestackBoy on August 12, 2013, 01:50:40 PM

..until next year. TBC.

Will that be this thread locked now ?