Tyrone v Monaghan Quarter Final

Started by tyronefan, July 27, 2013, 10:20:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StGallsGAA

Joe making some tit of himself recenty.  Hopefully he'll lose the run of himself and tell his famous guest speaker joke about the Kerry player who'd not look out of place raping nuns soon and see what rte think of that!

Armamike

The rugby tackle is becoming Sean's party trick.  Was a bit unnerving watching Brolly lose it on live tv. Seemed to lose control of himself and his reaction was OTT. Was half expecting him not to hang around for the second game. Tyrone have been cynical the past few games, but what's new?  They were worse 10 years ago and Joe didn't say much about it then.
That's just, like your opinion man.

reddgnhand

Quote from: Nally Stand on August 03, 2013, 07:11:59 PM
Quote from: reddgnhand on August 03, 2013, 07:08:24 PM
From a man who admitted at half time that he cheated buying free's that's some hypocrite. Just like last week he criticized M Harte on twitter and called him a hypocrite. He advised everyone last year during the black card debate to
Watch a video of M McHugh and his cynical fouls did he call Jim a hypocrite?

Since he likes to get personal. He's just like his ma and da mouthpiece's.

I'll have a pint with you Sean.

He talked absolute shit today but behind it all, he has proved himself a great man by his off the field actions in recent time. Many, like me, would have the highest regard for his parents. I've met his father numerous times and found him to be one of life's gentlemen. You petty, anonymous attacks on them are totally pathetic.

Nally if they were in the Sdlp it would be different.

BennyHarp

That clear pick up off the ground by Michael Shields is as cynical a prevention of a goal as Sean Cavanaghs tackle in the first game. The thought process is the same, give away a blatant free to prevent a goal. How the ref missed it is beyond me though
That was never a square ball!!

DickyRock

Quote from: BennyHarp on August 03, 2013, 07:37:05 PM
That clear pick up off the ground by Michael Shields is as cynical a prevention of a goal as Sean Cavanaghs tackle in the first game. The end result s the same, give away a blatant free to prevent a goal. How the ref missed it is beyond me though

Was writing the same benny & u beat me too it

Wildweasel74

Is as cynical, how you come to that conclusion?

Wildweasel74

BennyHarp

My understanding of cynical in the context of football would be that you know what you are doing is wrong but you are happy to do it in order to gain an advantage. That makes Shields act cynical - what's your definition of cynical?

BennyHarp

Bingo

Forget about what cavanagh, you'd expect it from your own. It's not right but part of the game, thankfully next year it will be addressed for everyone. If a Monaghan done it, I'd be happy if meant a win.

Overall, Monaghan didn't perform. Someone talked about Finlay been worth a place for frees alone, well today he turned the game somewhat with a bad miss. In first half, it would have put Monaghan 2 ahead, I think. Easier free than the two he'd scored but pressure was on and he missed, Tyrone straight up and scored.

Clerkin!! He may go back to writing. He done middling on cavanagh but three big mistakes, stupid shooting with men available and then handling on ground, U 12 error.

Anyways, ulster champs. Dublin or mayo for Sam, two footballing teams.

Wildweasel74

Jesus Benny u mustn't played much football, guilty of picking the ball up plenty of times, sometimes accidentally some not, never in 15yrs did i have to rugby tackle a man

SouthDublinBro

The standard of the Dublin vs Cork game has already been ridiculously higher than the dross that was this game.

Glad to see a poor Monaghan team dumped out and Mayo to do the business on Tyrone in the semi final.

Nally Stand

Quote from: reddgnhand on August 03, 2013, 07:34:53 PM
Quote from: Nally Stand on August 03, 2013, 07:11:59 PM
Quote from: reddgnhand on August 03, 2013, 07:08:24 PM
From a man who admitted at half time that he cheated buying free's that's some hypocrite. Just like last week he criticized M Harte on twitter and called him a hypocrite. He advised everyone last year during the black card debate to
Watch a video of M McHugh and his cynical fouls did he call Jim a hypocrite?

Since he likes to get personal. He's just like his ma and da mouthpiece's.

I'll have a pint with you Sean.

He talked absolute shit today but behind it all, he has proved himself a great man by his off the field actions in recent time. Many, like me, would have the highest regard for his parents. I've met his father numerous times and found him to be one of life's gentlemen. You petty, anonymous attacks on them are totally pathetic.

Nally if they were in the Sdlp it would be different.

I couldn't care less what their politics are. This is a football thread. If you disagree with brolly, just say why. Personal attacks on his family, hiding behind an anonymous name, shows a real lack of class.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: SouthDublinBro on August 03, 2013, 07:44:36 PM
The standard of the Dublin vs Cork game has already been ridiculously higher than the dross that was this game.

Glad to see a poor Monaghan team dumped out and Mayo to do the business on Tyrone in the semi final.

It's that good you are on here complaining about another match   ???