Tyrone v Monaghan Quarter Final

Started by tyronefan, July 27, 2013, 10:20:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyHarp

Joe Brolly shouldn't be allowed on TV when he's drunk
That was never a square ball!!

Wildweasel74

I would classify this as a Ruth Patterson moment, though he be right that fay Devlin wouldnt have done it, think its down to the fact that Sean Cav cant actually tackle!!

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: BennyHarp on August 03, 2013, 06:54:17 PM
Joe Brolly shouldn't be allowed on TV when he's drunk

Mcgeeney on the other hand has been excellent in his analysis on BBC.
thought that was an enjoyable game overall, but instead of talking about that we were subjected to a 10 minute rant from brolly
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Doiregael2

I accept that there is dirty play in football Nally Stand I'm not that naive, my own county being guilty of it too! But that was down right wrong what Canavagh did and there can be no justification for it! Young boys and girls who look up to the Gaa players as role models and have seen tonight that cheating does actually win!!! Imagine if the role was reversed and Dick Clerkin pulled down Stephen O'Neill.......I'd imagine there would one or two upset red-handers on here!!

clarshack

Quote from: cadhlancian on August 03, 2013, 06:02:12 PM
Penrose should never get a jersey again. He kept pressing the issue, even when the ref and linesmen were there. Absolutely shocking piece of indiscipline from an experienced player >:(

was gonna say that too. he's been shite for a long time now and that stupidity at half time is the final straw for me.

Itchy

Some hypocrites on here. If it were your team and Cavanagh was your player you'd be roaring for him to make the foul. There is no professional foul like in soccer so its up to the GAA to make rules changes. Tyrone are not one bit different than Dublin, Kerry or whoever, maybe they are just better. However, id like to see the rules changed to stop this but no point in a witch hunt against 1 team. I thought the ref was good today.

EC Unique

Quote from: Doiregael2 on August 03, 2013, 06:59:24 PM
I accept that there is dirty play in football nelly stand I'm not that naive my own county being guilty of it too! But that was down right wrong what Canavagh did and there can be no justification for it! Young boys and girls who look up to the Gaa players as role models and have seen tonight that cheating does actually win!!! Imagine if the role was reversed and Dick Clerkin pulled down Stephen O'Neill.......I'd imagine there would one or two upset red-handers on here!!

Oh jeysus. Would somebody please think of the children.  ;D

Show me a team that would not do the same in that instance and I will show you the losers.

rrhf

Joe brolly tonight stands out as a wally of the highest order. Tyrone need to avoid further interviews with rte indefinitely their punditry is a putrid and unfit. So proud tonight

Wildweasel74

I think tyrone getting it large here, because it has been highlighted in there play from early on in the league that they clock up alot of yellow cards in closing out games than anyone else. You can still close out a game and defend properly, forwards dragging down players in no effort of trying to tackle. Mickey Harte will have to take alot of the blame with this tactic as it obviously been instructed to players to do this!!

Nally Stand

Quote from: Doiregael2 on August 03, 2013, 06:59:24 PM
I accept that there is dirty play in football nelly stand I'm not that naive my own county being guilty of it too! But that was down right wrong what Canavagh did and there can be no justification for it! Young boys and girls who look up to the Gaa players as role models and have seen tonight that cheating does actually win!!! Imagine if the role was reversed and Dick Clerkin pulled down Stephen O'Neill.......I'd imagine there would one or two upset red-handers on here!!

Of course there would be unhappy red handers but they wouldn't be saying 'anyone but monaghan for the AI'. Every team would do the same as Cavanagh did and your initial post clearly implied otherwise. You're post there talks about how Cavanagh's actions might influence underage players....do you always repeat what Brolly says on tv!?
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Gabriel_Hurl

Because Mickey Harte has been the first manager to use this tactic  ::)

Give your head a shake FFS

QuoteOff The Ball @offtheball 6m
'I've been listening to Joe (Brolly) for a long time, I'll leave it to my dad to get uptight about it' says Sean Cavanagh now @Newstalkfm

glens73

I've been to quite a number of Derry senior club championship games in Brolly's day and some of the stuff that went on was downright violent (I know it happens in other counties too).

What Cavanagh did is not palatable but any player worth their salt would have done the same, he didn't assault him though did he.

reddgnhand

From a man who admitted at half time that he cheated buying free's that's some hypocrite. Just like last week he criticized M Harte on twitter and called him a hypocrite. He advised everyone last year during the black card debate to
Watch a video of M McHugh and his cynical fouls did he call Jim a hypocrite?

Since he likes to get personal. He's just like his ma and da mouthpiece's.

I'll have a pint with you Sean.

Nally Stand

Quote from: reddgnhand on August 03, 2013, 07:08:24 PM
From a man who admitted at half time that he cheated buying free's that's some hypocrite. Just like last week he criticized M Harte on twitter and called him a hypocrite. He advised everyone last year during the black card debate to
Watch a video of M McHugh and his cynical fouls did he call Jim a hypocrite?

Since he likes to get personal. He's just like his ma and da mouthpiece's.

I'll have a pint with you Sean.

He talked absolute shit today but behind it all, he has proved himself a great man by his off the field actions in recent time. Many, like me, would have the highest regard for his parents. I've met his father numerous times and found him to be one of life's gentlemen. You petty, anonymous attacks on them are totally pathetic.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Wildweasel74

Played Full back for years and guilty of more cynical tackles than i care to remember, hell i cant even complain about it, outside the fact he made it so obliviously and just didnt grasp a leg!! :