1/4 Final All Ireland - Pretenders Capital vs Real Capital

Started by squire_in_navy_slacks, July 27, 2013, 09:06:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Quote from: heffo on July 28, 2013, 07:06:20 PM
You being a Sunday World reader explains a lot

No need to shoot he messenger :P

The genie's well out of the bottle with Dublin this season, there's no need to try and play it cagey. It just bounces off the hype train anyways.

The Hill is Blue

Big test for the Dubs. Cork have huge potential which they have not shown yet this year. Will Saturday be the day they come good?

I'm optimistic for the Dubs but I know that Cork will put it up to them. As always it will come down to hunger and who wants it most. I'm really hopeful that the Dubs will have that hunger.
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

heffo

Quote from: Syferus on July 28, 2013, 07:12:13 PM
Quote from: heffo on July 28, 2013, 07:06:20 PM
You being a Sunday World reader explains a lot
just bounces off the hype train anyways.

Looks like you're the only passenger of this train

squire_in_navy_slacks

The whole Dublin panel were at riverdance on saturday  :o ................................... hopefully their mind is on the task at hand

Syferus

Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on July 28, 2013, 09:26:12 PM
The whole Dublin panel were at riverdance on saturday  :o ................................... hopefully their mind is on the task at hand

I want to hear Counihan's giddy-up speech for Saturday and how he wedges riverdancing into it.

squire_in_navy_slacks

Quote from: Syferus on July 28, 2013, 10:31:42 PM
Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on July 28, 2013, 09:26:12 PM

I want to hear Counihan's giddy-up speech for Saturday and how he wedges riverdancing into it.

As long as Counihan playsand starts Canty anywhere on the pitch I'm happy

Declan

Speaking to a few of the langers in Thurles yesterday and none of them gave the bigg ball players a chance against us. Should be a good game and I reckon we'll do we'll to get over them. Can't see more than a point or two in it

rodney trotter

Underdog tag might suit Cork, haven't shown their form yet this year, only in spells during games. They have the players to beat Dublin.

Syferus

Quote from: rodney trotter on July 29, 2013, 11:29:28 AM
Underdog tag might suit Cork, haven't shown their form yet this year, only in spells during games. They have the players to beat Dublin.

Aye, but do they have the plan to?

rodney trotter

We'll see at the weekend. They have a good record in League and Championship against Dublin - but I suppose this is a new Dublin management. Still, wouldn't be surprised if Cork won.

squire_in_navy_slacks

We start sloppy like we did in every champo game this year and the langers may dump us out

DUBSFORSAM1

No reason for Dublin to fear Cork next weekend - 4/5 point win for Dublin

squire_in_navy_slacks

Quote from: DUBSFORSAM1 on July 29, 2013, 02:35:39 PM
No reason for Dublin to fear Cork next weekend - 4/5 point win for Dublin

They have a potentially great midfield and forwards that given the way we are playing at the back they have the potential to murder us there .......................I hope Gavin starts Rock\Andrews and leaves EOG on the bench

Maybe pull Cian into the backs instead off cooper and put Bastic in the middle with Mickey

Canalman

Quote from: Syferus on July 28, 2013, 05:45:11 PM
Quote from: Canalman on July 28, 2013, 05:43:13 PM
Still have the feeling that our best backs are not in the present Dublin team and I hope I am proved wrong. Worst draw to get............. Cork and Kerry have the best footballers in the country.

Would hope Jim Gavin is on the ball on the sideline as I reckon we will have to make the subs very quickly if we are to win.

Cork by 2 points again.

Good one Canalman, you almost had me for a second.

Honestly, would be more confident if both Cian O'Sullivan and Kevin Nolan were in the backs. Lads presently in the backs so far have done nothing to deserve being dropped but the quality of forwards they will face in Cork are light years better than what they have played so far. If Fitzsimons has found form as well he would also be in with a shot.

To quote O'Neill in Platoon.......... "I got  a bad feeling on this one "

Frank Casey

Dublin 12/1 to do the AI double. Cork are 50's. (Odds from PP)

Saturday's match has the Dubs at 2/5, Rebels at 12/5 with the draw at 9's. Handicap is 3pts

While the bookies believe that Dublin only have to turn up don't forget that only 4 years ago Dublin were made to look like startled earwigs by another supposedly finished Munster Team.

If Cork get any sort of decent start they have shown a doggedness to keep going.

I think Dublin should do it but.........
KERRY 3:7